Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ One Way Street ❯ Chapter7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Way Street

by Dragondreamer and Yami Dragon

Disclaimer: We don't own Yu-Gi-Oh! DUH! If we did, the show wouldn't be fit for kids, that's for sure!

Warning: This story contains shouenen-ai (guy/guy relationships) and yaoi (guys having sex with guys). It also contains coarse language and violence. If you don't like it, or become offended by such things, what are you doing here? Haven't you figured out by now that all our writing contains this stuff?

Note: /…/ Tristan's thoughts

[…] Seto's thoughts

~*~*~*~*~

Tristan: Where have you guys been?

Seto: They were "busy" all weekend.

DD: *smacks Seto* Shut up!

YD: Do I have to get the lava lamp?

DD: We had…company.

Seto: Is that what they call it nowadays?

YD: That's it! *smacks Seto with lava lamp*

~*~*~*~*~

"Hey Mr. Motou." Tristan closed the shop door behind him.

"Hello there Tristan! Yugi's upstairs."

"Thanks."

Tristan climbed the stairs to the living area above the Game Shop. It had been a while since he'd seen Yugi. He missed the little guy. So with Seto at work and Mokuba away at a day camp, he'd decided to come see him.

He found him on the couch in the living room, wrapped in Yami's arms with his eyes closed, a blissful look on his face. Yami also looked to be asleep.

Tristan turned around to leave, not wanting to disturb them from their nap, and bumped into the coat tree, sending it crashing to the floor.

Yugi bolted from Yami's lap with a squeak.

"Oh geeze…Yugi, I'm sorry." Tristan apologized. "I was trying not to wake you up."

Yugi looked like a panicked rabbit for another heartbeat before a huge smile lit up his face and he threw himself at Tristan.

"Tristan! Where have you been?! We haven't seen you in a whole week!"

Tristan hugged Yugi back before prying the small arms from their vice like grip on his waist. "I've been at Seto's."

Yami raised an eyebrow. "All week?"

"Yeah." Tristan took a seat next to the spirit, smiling as Yugi crawled back into his other's lap. "My mom left town early. I'm going to be staying with him for the summer."

"That's good." Yugi piped up. "You've been really good for him you know."

Tristan grinned. "He's been good for me too little buddy."

"Tristan?" Yami's garnet eyes bore into him. "Have you told him? About…your birthday?"

"No." Tristan voice dropped to almost a whisper and he looked down at the floor. "I can't."

"Why not?"

"I just can't. I…I don't want to burden him with that."

"Tristan." Yugi put his hand on the taller boy's arm. "If he loves you as much as I think he does…as I know he does…he'd want to know. I know how hard it is for you…and with Joey…"

"I can handle it. Don't worry about me." Tristan interrupted.

"But I am worried about you." Yugi eyes filled with tears. "Do you want us to come with you?"

"No." Tristan shook his head, avoiding Yugi's eyes. "No, that's okay. I'll be alright."

"You shouldn't go alone…" Yami began.

"I said I'll be fine. Really Yami. I'm okay. Just drop it, huh?"

"Okay Tristan…if that's what you want."

"It is."

Yugi looked back and forth between his lover and his friend. It was so typical of Tristan to insist he didn't need anyone when it came to this. And so typical of Yami to try to get him to talk about it.

"So. Ummm…want a soda or something?"

"Sounds good Yugi." Tristan smiled, breaking the tension.

"Cool." Yugi bounced up off Yami's lap and ran into the kitchen, coming back a few minutes later with three cans of soda. "So, what's it like living there? The place is so huge! Do you get lost all the time? I know I would. Don't know how they can stand living in that monstrous house!"

Tristan chuckled at Yugi's rapid fire questions and settled back to tell them what life was like in the Kaiba Mansion.

~*~*~*~*~

"Come on Tristan! Throw it already!" Mokuba shouted.

"Heads up!" Tristan threw the Frisbee and watched as Mokuba ran for it, only to trip and fall flat on his face.

Tristan was at his side before he had a chance to pick himself up. "Ouch! Man…"

"You okay little guy?"

"Tripped on my shoelace." Mokuba muttered, reddening with embarrassment, head lowered and face hidden by his shaggy hair.

Tristan spied the offending lace and began to tie it.

"Tristan!" Mokuba fumed. "I can tie my own shoelaces you know."

Tristan just slapped his hands away and finished tying the boy's sneaker before climbing to his feet and giving Mokuba a hand up.

"Oh gods! Your face!" Tristan grabbed Mokuba's chin in his hand, tipping his face up.

"What?"

"You're bleeding. Come on." Tristan took his hand and led him into the mansion. "Don't want your brother to think I'm mistreating you or anything."

Mokuba rolled his eyes and let Tristan lead him into a downstairs bathroom.

Tristan picked the youngest Kaiba up and set him on the counter before rummaging around in the medicine cabinet. Pulling out a clean facecloth and some antiseptic cream, he proceeded to wash the scratch on Mokuba's face.

"Tristan." Mokuba grumbled. "I'm not a baby. I can do this myself!"

"Humor me, okay?" Tristan replied with a sad smile as he rinsed the cut with clean water before dabbing some cream on it.

Mokuba watched his brother's boyfriend as he worked, wondering why he looked so sad. He had noticed that Tristan had become kind of quiet over the last few days. He knew Seto noticed it too. His overactive curiosity got the better of him and he just had to ask.

"What's wrong Tristan?"

"Whatcha talking about, kiddo?" Tristan put the cream back and looked at Mokuba, who was still sitting on the counter.

"You looked so sad just now."

"I'm fine." Tristan avoided the too knowing grey eyes. "Hey! Why don't we cook dinner for your brother?"

"Ummm…" Mokuba jumped down off the counter. "Maybe because we have a cook?"

"Oh come on!" The older boy ruffled the raven tresses of the younger. "Where's your spirit of adventure? Let's give her the night off."

Mokuba looked extremely skeptical, but followed after the brunet, happy for the sudden change in his mood.

~*~*~*~*~

"Oh, come on amante. You need to get out." Tristan wrapped his arms around Seto's waist and mock pouted at him.

"You look totally ridiculous when you do that, you know."

"Works for Yugi."

"You're not Yugi." Seto dropped a kiss on Tristan's forehead. "Yugi's way cuter than you."

"Very funny!" Tristan pushed Seto down on the couch and jumped on him. "Don't let Yami hear you saying that."

Seto chuckled and pulled Tristan into a quick kiss. "The last thing I need is Yami after me."

"So, will you come? Mokuba wants to go. It'll be fun."

"I don't know." Seto sighed, pushing Tristan off him so he could sit up. "I've got a pile of paperwork to do."

"Gods Seto! Can't you act like a normal teenager for once? It's only a few hours at the park. Can't your paperwork wait?"

"Well," Seto considered. "I suppose it couldn't hurt. I haven't had much time with Mokuba lately."

"You know," Tristan tucked his leg under him and looked at his lover seriously. "You should spend more time with him. He's a great kid. You don't know how lucky you are."

Seto looked at him strangely for a moment and then decided to change the subject. "What do you want to do for your birthday?"

The shorter teen looked away, avoiding the other's eyes. "Nothing. I don't celebrate my birthday."

"You're kidding! I thought you weren't supposed to avoid your birthday until you hit your forties or something." Seto joked.

"I just don't, okay?"

"Tristan, I was just kidding." Seto reached out and cupped Tristan's face with his hand, forcing the other brunet to look at him. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Tristan replied, obviously lying.

"Mm-hmm. Right."

"Drop it amante." Tristan pulled Seto's hand from his face.

Seto was totally confused as Tristan got up and walked from the room. There was obviously something wrong. Mokuba had told him Tristan had been fussing over him to the point that the younger Kaiba was getting ready to kill him. He had complained to his older sibling that Tristan was treating him like a baby, doing things for him that he could do himself and being overprotective.

[What's going on with you, love? Why won't you talk to me? I know there's something wrong. You haven't been yourself.]

Seto got up and went after his lover, deciding not to push him, but he was going to talk to Yugi tomorrow. Maybe the small duelist could shed some light on Tristan's behavior.

~*~*~*~*~

Joey sat by the pond, not even noticing the people around him.

He was beginning to doubt himself. Doubting his convictions. And he hated it.

Maybe Yugi and the others were right. Maybe he was in the wrong here. They all seemed so convinced that Kaiba loved Tristan. Who was he to try to deny his best friend that?

His best friend.

Yes, Tristan was his best friend. No matter if he was gay or not. Tristan had always been there for him. When he had found out his sister was going blind, Tristan had stood by him, always willing to listen, holding him when he cried, keeping his spirits up by telling him he would find a way to save her sight.

He had stood by him through Duelist Kingdom. Always cheering him on, telling him he could win, even when he didn't believe it himself.

But at the same time, Joey couldn't help but be sickened at the thought of Tristan being with another guy like that. Tristan of all people! If he could fathom any of his friends being gay, it'd be Ryou. He was just so…feminine. But he wasn't, not if Kendra meant anything to him, and Joey knew she did.

Tristan was just too much of a guy. He was into sports, and motorcycles. Faggots weren't into stuff like that. They were into plays and art and fruity stuff. Weren't they?

And why Kaiba? Kaiba was such an asshole. Yami might be willing to give him a chance, but he'd be damned if he forgave that smug bastard for calling him a mutt, for looking down on him, like he wasn't worthy to be breathing the same air.

Joey was confused. Part of him wanted his best friend back, especially considering his birthday was coming up. The blond had always been there for him to help him through that day. But the other part of him just couldn't take it. Couldn't take the thought of his best friend was sleeping with another guy.

Joey got up with a sigh. He needed to talk to someone. He needed someone to help him figure out his conflicting emotions. There was one person that he knew would listen without getting upset. Yami.

He headed to the Game Shop. Yami would help him figure out what to do.

Reaching his destination, he let himself in the back door with the key Yugi had given him. The shop was closed for the day and he knew Gramps was out at a friend's for the evening.

Joey climbed the stairs, wondering why it was so quiet.

He reached the living room to find it dark. There were no lights on throughout the entire apartment.

Figuring he was in Yugi's bedroom, Joey headed down the hall, stopping in front of the closed door. He was just about to turn the doorknob when he heard a distinctive sound.

Moaning.

A grin spread across the blond's face as he realized it was Yami. Wondering when Yami had found a girlfriend, he decided to embarrass the hell out of him by bursting into the room.

At least that was intention…until he heard another voice.

"Oh Gods Yami! Harder! Don't stop!"

Joey's jaw dropped. "No way! Gods, tell me that wasn't…Yugi…"

"Aibou…Ra…so tight…"

"Yami…"

Joey just stood there, numb, wondering what the hell had happened to his comfortable little world. He was surrounded. Was he the only straight one left?

Before he could contemplate that question, Yugi let out a passion laced scream that was quickly followed by a deep groan from Yami.

It was too much for him to handle. He turned and bolted from the apartment.

~*~*~*~*~

Seto sat at his desk, supposedly working. In reality, he was watching Tristan.

The smaller brunet was reclining on the bed, watching TV. He'd been remote since this afternoon, barely speaking, even to Mokuba.

Seto took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He had tried to draw Tristan out after dinner, only to be put off. Whatever it was that was bothering him, he had no desire to discuss it.

[He's thinking about him. Brad. That has to be it. It would have been about a year ago that they met. Gods, I feel like I'm competing with a ghost. It's the only explanation. Maybe they met on his birthday. He never said. Well, I'm not about to ask. Why can't he put it behind him? Did he love him that much? He hasn't talked about him since that day in the limo. And I was the one who brought him up. But that doesn't mean he's not thinking about him.]

Seto shut down his computer and got up from the desk, stretching. Tristan looked up at him with a small smile before reaching for the remote and turning off the television.

"Tired amante?"

"Yeah." Seto stretched again, winching as the muscles in his back protested the movement.

"You shouldn't spend so much time hunched over that computer." Tristan scolded.

"Yes mother."

Tristan rolled his eyes. "Get undressed and get over here. I'll give you a backrub."

Seto grinned, quickly shedding his clothes and climbing onto the bed. Tristan reached for a bottle of almond oil they had bought and sat up.

"You're overdressed, don't you think?" Seto remarked dryly, motioning to Tristan's tee shirt and boxers.

"If you say so." Tristan got up, removing the offending clothing before sitting back down and telling Seto to lie on his stomach.

Straddling Seto's long legs, Tristan poured some oil into his hands, rubbing them together to warm them. He worked the oil in a little before digging his fingers into Seto's back, smirking slightly at his lover's hiss.

"Damn Tristan!"

"Do you want these knots out of your back or not? Just relax!"

Seto mumbled something incoherent into the pillow and forced himself to relax, fighting not to wince whenever Tristan's hands made contact with a sore spot.

Tristan dug his thumbs into Seto's lower back, frowning. "Gods you're tight."

"So you've said." Seto's chuckle was muffled.

"That's not what I meant you perv!"

"Sure it wasn't."

"Whatever." Tristan continued his ministrations, feeling the muscles under his fingers slowly relax.

He was just reaching for the bottle of oil again when he heard a soft snore. Looking down, he saw that Seto was sound asleep, a content look on his face. Tristan smiled, climbing off his lover and pulling up the blankets before snapping off the light.

He ghosted his fingers over Seto's face. "I love you Seto. It doesn't matter to me what anyone thinks. Not Joey, no one. Nothing in the world would make me leave you."

He kissed Seto gently and laid his head on the other's back, closing his eyes and letting sleep claim him.

~*~*~*~*~

Bakura lay in a sated, sweat-drenched heap next to his latest lover.

"That was…interesting." The other commented, wiping the blood from his mouth.

"You liked it." The white haired spirit retorted.

"I'm not saying I didn't."

Bakura leaned up on an elbow and licked the blood from the other's lips. "I like you better with blood on you."

"Very funny Bakura." Cool blue eyes regarded him intensely.

"So, you going to be around for long?"

"I'm planning to. I'd like to try to get into school here." He brushed his long brown hair off his face. "Maybe we could see each other again."

Bakura smirked, thinking he'd finally found a partner who matched him between the sheets. "I'd like that, Brad."

~*~*~*~*~

Ryou: *eyes YD evilly*

YD: What?

Joey: This ain't good!

DD: *smiles*

Bakura: Why me?

YD: Because you were the only "unattached" one.

Yami: Unattached from reality maybe.

Yugi: So, what WERE you guys up to all weekend?

Seto: *rubbing his head* You don't want to ask that question.

YD: That's right, you don't!

Tristan: *smug grin* Did you have fun?

DD: Yes we did…now SHUT IT!!

YD: Please review!!