Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Temptation ❯ III. Tempted Surprise Pt: 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

. Sweet . Temptation .

DivineAngel143

. III . Tempted Surprise Pt: 2


Yes, I've joined Chapter 4 and 5 together as of August 07, 2004. So you old readers, don't get confused =).

As for the new ones, enjoy the chapter =).


Passionate moans, bodies entwined.

Bottles of alcohol strayed on the floor.

Clothes were strewn on different sides of the vast bedroom, as two figures moved in rhythmic patterns.

Fingers trailed as sweat formed as the two figures writhed in utter rapture.

After kisses and more kisses the two were filled with nothing but desire for more.

The woman below, fragile and weak, lost it all, as Seto Kaiba consumed her whole.


Serenity sat up breathing heavily. Sweat brimmed on the base of her forehead. Thinking about the dream she had, she was unexpectedly disturbed with the sudden change her body recited. She immediately threw the covers off her elfin form in an attempt to rush to the bathroom.

Once inside, every meal she disposed of went down the bowl. After one final heave, she slowly stood up and washed herself clean.

She glanced up on her reflection and groaned inward. She was now exactly three months pregnant. But that wasn't the mere fact that bothered her. She looked slightly distraught, and her whole self was overwhelmed. It may either have been the baby or the guilt.

She still hasn't brought herself to tell Joey anything at the moment, not right now at least. Especially after the dream she encountered. It was bad enough she did it with Kaiba, but dreaming of it as well? It scarred her thoughts and she closed her eyes in an attempt to block everything out.

She walked out of the bathroom and glanced at the clock secured atop her dresser, it read 4:50 a.m. She sighed and glanced out of her window, the months were going by pretty fast and August was nearing into an end. For some reason, the days seemed to have a time expense and nearly altogether, everything seemed to go by so fast. She felt uneasy at the moment as soft droplets of rain came pouring down silently on the bedroom window making little splashing noises that seemed to ease Serenity down a bit. Her eyes traveled back to the clock that now read, 5:00 a.m.

Curling into a ball with the covers draped over, Serenity finally enveloped herself into a steady sleep.


After how many hours of working at Kaiba Corp., he was almost surprised when his office doors flung open. At first Kaiba was startled and tempted to yell at the person for just waltzing right in, especiallywithout even bothering to knock which nerved him further. But when he caught sight of the person, his expression was replaced with a scowl.

The man stood there with a slight smirk plastered across his face. He was slightly beefy, but stood tall and proud. He wore a plain black suit with a plain black tie and-well, to put it simple, everything he wore was black and plain, but his attire nonetheless screamed expensive. He carried a briefcase in one hand, while the other was occupied with a well sculptured pocket watch that looked like a prized antique. His hair was a deep shade of dark brown and had a few gray strands appearing. Black sunglasses were placed across his eyes, and the two bodyguards behind him didn't look too friendly either, nor did their apparel look even more appealing.

"What do you want?" Kaiba demanded. He had no time for games, especially with the people in front of him.

"Now, now, Seto my boy is that how you greet your uncle after how many years?" he inquired, his smirk never leaving his face.

Kaiba glared at the man before him, Gozaburo's half-brother, different moms, same father. There were no differences between the two men, but there were also no agreements between them either. For all Kaiba knows, the two loathed each other, end of story. Delios Kaiba took one swift glance around the room and back at Kaiba.

"I don't intend on calling you an uncle, nor do I see you as any family member of mine." Kaiba curtly replied, he didn't care whether he was being rude and imprudent, but right then he didn't care. Delios never did anything for him anyway.

Delios widened his smirk, as if satisfied to receive such a remark. "Listen here, I've came here today to talk to you about Kaiba Corporation."

Kaiba glanced at Delios then at the two bodyguards behind. "I don't plan to talk about the company with your two meddling factions in the same room."

The two men made no grudge, nor extent movement. They merely grunted-like two boulders stuck on the ground.

Delios turned to them and bellowed. "Well you heard my nephew." He gestured his hands to the door, and his two men took this as a sign and promptly left the room.

Delios sat across from Kaiba and placed the suitcase between them. "As I was saying, I came here to talk about Kaiba Corp."

Kaiba turned his gaze towards him but took no heed on questioning.

"I just got off the phone with my lawyer. It appears you have no one to take over Kaiba Corp under your name once you're gone." Delios stated. "And since you have none in particular to take over Kaiba Corporations I decided my son should take over."

Kaiba lowered his gaze and chuckled at the slight comment. "If you haven't noticed old man, I'm not going anywhere just yet. And if you haven't noticed Mokuba's name is plastered on there, so I suggest you read the documents carefully."

"My dear boy, you honestly think he would take over? He shows no interest in this kind of field. My son-"

"Your son is a complete amateur." Kaiba spoke darting his gaze back upwards.

Delios stood up and furrowed his brows. "He won't take it, you know."

Kaiba sat silently before tranquilly answering. "True, but… I know someone who will."

Delios stared dumbfounded at his so-called nephew. No wonder Gozaburo adopted him… he had 'Kaiba' blood. He grabbed his suitcase and turned to leave and headed straight to door, but before leaving the office room he took the time to ask one more question. He gripped the door knob and stared at Kaiba. "What do you think on doing? Getting a kid?" he laughed out-right at the thought.

Kaiba shrugged. "Probably," he replied.

"I'll be back," Delios said through gritted teeth before exiting the building.


After three hours of eating junk food. Three boxes of tissues discarded, and three more episodes of daily soaps. Mai and Serenity finally flipped the channel and to their luck it happened to be about giving birth and labor. Two topics that made Serenity's stomach churn.

The woman in the television screen bawled and panicked as nurses and a few doctors fretted over the woman in labor giving her light reassurance. The husband of the woman seemed to be ushered out and was twice caught nearly fainting.

Mai suddenly felt pity towards Serenity, knowing she would eventually go through the same thing. Thank Ra, she wasn't pregnant.

Serenity placed a hand over her tummy and groaned in minor repulsion. "Ugh… turn it off."

Mai glanced at Serenity just as the doorbell rang. Mai shut the television off and Serenity stood up and answered the door. To her luck, it was Joey.

"Joey, what are you doing here?" Serenity asked.

"Well I just thought that I'd come to see my baby sister." He replied with a goofy grin plastered, as always it was 'Joey-like'.

Serenity smiled making way for Joey to come in. It was good to see him again, especially in her kind of crisis. Joey took a look around the place and finally noticed Mai's presence.

"Mai, what are you doing here?" Joey asked incredulously.

"Well it's nice to see you too Joey." Mai replied sarcastically.

"Haha right," he smiled sheepishly.

Mai rolled her eyes upward and shook her head. She grabbed a magazine from the coffee table and started flipping through pages, even if it was about babies, anything was good as long as it didn't deal with a certain blonde man.

"So sis, how've you been?" Joey asked making himself comfortable on the sofa.

Serenity laughed nervously. "Well… you know same old things…" she cleared her throat. "Uh, you want anything?"

Joey stared at her for a moment before shaking his head. "No thanks, I just ate." He stared at her once more as if trying to figure out a missing piece to a puzzle. "Serenity, you look… a bit different. Are you gaining weight?"

Mai glanced up from the magazine as Serenity made choking sounds.

"Joey," Mai scolded.

"What, what I do?" Joey asked dumbfounded.

Serenity felt as if the room was slowly dissolving as questions ran through her mind.

Oh Ra… can he tell? What if he can tell? What am I going to say?

As if sensing Serenity's dilemma Mai came to her rescue.

"Oh no, Joey sorry but me and Seren's gotta get going, or were going to be late." Mai said as she got up from the sofa, her voice sounded so faux and if it wasn't Joey they were dealing with at the moment, someone would likely tell something was up.

Serenity glanced at her watch and gasped. She muttered a few curses under her breath and glanced up at her brother. "I'm really sorry Joey, but Mai's right, we really gotta go."

"Where are you guys going?" he asked.

"Shopping,"

"Party,"

They both answered at the same time. They were stricken with panic and they hoped their faces didn't give out much as they both gave a slight smile.

"Party,"

"Shopping,"

They both said at the same time once again.

Joey quirked an eyebrow and suddenly glanced at them suspiciously. It cause the two laugh upright and having Serenity fiddle with the hem of clothes.

"Party and shopping," Serenity answered as Mai just nodded along.

"Well got to go, see you later Joey." Mai interpreted as she started walking down to her car.

"Bye big brother," Serenity exclaimed as she gave Joey a hug.

Joey just stood there dumbfounded after registering the events that fore-played. He shook his head and left the apartment in bewilderment.

The part of them about being late wasn't a complete lie. Serenity was going to be late, but neither for a party nor shopping, but for her first ultrasound. It was doctor's orders to see how the baby was developing. Serenity couldn't complain at all, for she wanted to know all the details as well.


The gel was cold, however soothing, it felt slightly clammy at the same time. The nurse slowly spread the gel over Serenity's stomach, and moved the tool around the gelled spot showing scenes of the baby through the ultrasound machine.

Mai and Serenity watched with interest as the baby within Serenity's womb revealed itself on the monitor. Serenity watched with complete interest and sat up a bit for a better view.

"Ms. Wheeler, your baby looks perfectly normal. It's growing at a normal rate and…" The nurse paused for a moment, and frowned a bit. She moved the tool around Serenity's stomach and glanced at the ultrasound machine every now and then.

Serenity and Mai glanced at each other bewildered by the sudden change of the nurse performance. Her glasses were now on the crook of her nose, and she didn't have the time to push it back in the surprised state she was in. For the entire world, if any accidents were to befall in the room, the nurse would've probably taken no heed at all.

"What is it? Is something wrong? Did you detect a disease or something?" Serenity asked frantically, for the first time in her life, she was never more nervous, more scared, as she was then. I mean who wouldn't be? This was her first child for Ra's sake.

The nurse snapped out of her train of thoughts and glanced at the soon-to-be mother, she looked at the blonde-haired woman who also seemed to be waiting for an answer and smiled a bit; recovering all the while from her state of delirium. "Well it's nothing like that, Ms. Wheeler…" she paused for a moment as her smile increased. "You're having twins!"

"W-what," Serenity exclaimed as Mai stared wide-eyed.

Mrs. Koneko stared at Serenity then at Mai. "Well yes, Ms. Wheeler, it's all in here. It detects two heads, two heartbeats, and just about two pairs of everything. Isn't this wonderful?" she rambled on. "I've just started this job and already I ultra sounded a mother bearing twins!"

Serenity glanced at the screen and saw what the nurse became aware of. She was indeed having twins. Twins, can you believe that? She would have planned on jumping for joy, but in the situation she was in right now she refrained from doing so. Actually, she felt sorely like crying right then.

She heard Mrs. Koneko mentioned something along the lines of her ultrasound being completed and that she was able to put her clothes back on, and all Serenity could do was nod at the time being. The nurse also stated that Serenity would have to come back for another appointment.

During the whole ride home Serenity was completely out of it, she didn't even realize they were in the car-not that Mai could blame her, of course. She would rather die than be in her shoes.

"Twins…" Mai muttered still not fully comprehending what just occurred earlier.

"I know," Serenity said, and half whined the words out, she turned to the blonde woman and widened her gaze. "What am I going to do? I can't take care of two kids. I can't even take care of one, let alone myself."

"Well that's an easy question, see Kaiba." she replied easily, not taking her eyes off the road.

"I-I can't," Serenity stammered and she couldn't care less for doing so.

"And why not, as far as I'm aware of, it takes two, and I for one know he was apart of it. Whether you like it or not you're going to need his support, either that or your going to have to tell Joey the truth." Mai interjected giving Serenity one stern glance.

Serenity frowned as the light turned green once again. She hated it when every decision depended on her. It was like an exam, every answer counts. But this was much harder. Never in her whole life had she planned on thinking about a decision that dealt with guilt and agony, especially her own babies.


Making her way up the steps, she finally managed to get in her apartment without stumbling. She went straight to her room and sat in the edge of her bed. She played with the covers with her petite hands, twirling and tying it around and around between her finger and chewed on her lower lip in between the process. She replayed everything that occurred for the past few days.

It was all too fast…

She still couldn't believe she was having twins. Mostly, mothers would've been ecstatic. But this was one situation to not be ecstatic about. She couldn't take care of twins, let alone herself. Mai was right, she needed Kaiba's support.

Serenity sighed out of exasperation and stood up. She took a quick shower and dressed in a pair of sweats. After a short microwaveable meal and a few hours of thinking things over, by nightfall Serenity finally came to a conclusion and slipped into bed. She made a decision on seeing Kaiba tomorrow. The only thing that worried her was how he would react. After all, his first reaction wasn't what she expected. But what can he do?

He was after all involved.


Domino City's atmosphere was much worse than the weather man depicted. The skies were filled with sinister murky clouds and heavy rainfalls poured throughout the entire city, sending citizens scattering for shelter-despite the fortunate others that were sheltered-either in their cars or at home bundled up was beyond her, they were still considered lucky. The winds slowly picked up their pace, and even people marketing in the streets packed up to leave for home.

Serenity sighed as she hoisted herself onto the subway just in time before it gone ahead without her. She disposed of the old newspaper that she used for protection and pulled her sweater close to her for secluded heat while she waited for her stop. By the time the subway reached her destination, she was half-way dried, but in overall, still extremely cold.

The building of Dungeon Dice Monsters appeared to be twice as big as it was before to Serenity-probably the effect of the grave weather conditions, she thought silently. She walked through the automatic doors and was glad for the building's inviting warmth. The desk clerk gave a nod of recognition, which Serenity returned with a slight smile. She didn't know everyone in the building, but enough to have some mutual conversations with.

Serenity made her way to the elevator, and pressed the button to the 6th floor where her workplace was sited at. She still considered herself fairly new-given the fact she hardly knew exactly how many floors there were, 11? Or was it 12? She'd make a note to check upon it later.

The elevator made a slight beeping sound indicating the floor's stop. Its doors slid open, and Serenity hastily stepped out, while a few others went in. Her office-a private one to her relief-was located down the hall; second door to the right, while a faxing room was positioned across.

Once inside, sure enough as she predicated the day before, papers were stacked neatly-only a few scattered-waiting to be produced and equipped set for the out-going box.

She sat down with a soft flop and glanced at her surroundings, while a free hand made its way to lie upon her lower tummy. A habit she inherited recently over the few days and started filing away.


Seto Kaiba grimaced as the huge black limo turned a corner, muttering to himself all the while. Whilst as Mokuba-who sat jaded across him-indulged himself into a game, seemingly uninterested all the same.

After a few more minutes of lapsed silence, Mokuba threw the portable game boy across the seat, and focused his attention out the tinted black window. His bluish-black hair was tied behind his back, in a sleek ponytail-now shorter than before-after a few years of persuasion of course, and was now just a few inches pass his shoulders. Barely 18, his manifestation as well as his interests, no doubt has changed over the few years, hence the medallion around his neck-a silver platinum 'K' with a Blue Eyes White Dragon circling all around-and his veiled tattoo. Of course, Seto didn't know about. He had, after all, already given lectures about his other embellishments, and what more to have another one, about a 'tattoo and sophistication'?

"I still don't see why we couldn't just have that Wheeler come over to the mansion, or better yet Kaiba Corp." Kaiba began, slightly aggravated about the ways events have been progressing for the last few days. He previously came into the conclusion of accommodating the child, but stepping into her world-where her brother would be gladly present-is just asking too much.

Refraining from rolling his violet-blue eyes, Mokuba sighed instead. "Well, for one, you did kick her out of the mansion. Telling her the baby wasn't yours and so forth. I don't think she'll agree to be coming around anytime soon." He pointed out reasonably.

Seto gave no reply except a slight snort of plain irritation.

Mokuba ignored him and continued on. "Besides Seto, don't you think it's a great idea to see Yugi and the gang again? I think so." He lifted his legs up and laid them across the seat, while his arms rested in the crook of his neck.

Kaiba glanced at his brother and scowled. "Their all a bunch of nuisance," He said, a slight frown forming on his features. "Yugi is someone I can tolerate, but his friends are an entirely diverse story. Especially, that Wheeler-"

Mokuba groaned out loud. "Seto, how are you going to persuade Serenity to make the baby an heir to K.C., if you keep criticizing her brother? I don't think she'll be pleased about that."

"Well that kid is half mine. I have a great deal of a saying in this whole predicament. And if I recall correctly, my dear brother, I wouldn't be doing this right now if you haven't refused the offer to the Corporation." Kaiba retorted eyes ablaze, only to become vaguely calm again as a lazed smirk twitched its way on the upper corners of his sensual mouth. "Besides, the truth does hurt."


The card shop was faintly busy that day. Given the fact it was an early Monday, and most of the regulars were supposedly at school or elsewhere.

Yugi Moto smiled and bid farewell to the last of the customers, and the bell near the exit chimed as they went. His hair, with the unique shades, of violet, black, and blonde spiked logically in different angles, while his violet eyes scanned different types of cards in his hands, while he placed them in their proper order.

A sharp sound was heard and both Joey and Tristan came out of the backroom of the shop smiling sheepishly, as two small kids would be doing, who were caught doing something they weren't suppose to.

Yugi sighed and neared his way to the grown men. He made a move for the backroom, but the two blocked his shorter form on the spur of the moment. Yugi moved his gaze upwards and glanced at them, his doubts growing weary. "What did you two do this time?"

"Nothing Yug, what makes you think we did anything?" Joey asked, sounding more suspicious than the obvious. Tristan who stood a bit fidgeted beside him, nodded in agreement.

The bell near the door chimed before Yugi could even utter a word back, and all heads turned towards the new incomer, Kaiba.

Kaiba surveyed the card shop with mild aversion, while Mokuba observed the different types of Dueling Cards. His gaze strayed over to the trio, and he bit back a remark. It was without doubt too early to start anything, anyway.

"Kaiba, Mokuba what brings you two here?" Yugi asked casually, as he did every other customer. He seemed content that moment, an opposite frame of mind between Joey and him-who seemed motivated beside his stance.

"Were here to see Serenity," Mokuba replied, oblivious to the expression that shaped through Joey's facial appearance. "Is she here?"

Joey's eyes narrowed into slits. "Why would you wanna know where my sister is?"

"Look here Wheeler, I have a very essential meeting in exactly two hours, and I refuse to go all the way through my reasons, which by the way, have absolutely nothing to deal with you." Kaiba said, growing more annoyed as each minute passed by.

Both Tristan and Yugi lured into the conversation, evidently engrossed in the whole exchange of words.

"If it has something to with my sister than it is my problem." Although his voice was indisputably calm, Joey seethed. He definitely had half the mind to rip Kaiba into shreds, only if it weren't for the firm grips on his arm.

Kaiba's lips curled into an unlikely thin smile, and refrained controllably from massaging his throbbing temples, while he glared at the deprived being before him.

Mokuba who seemed oddly interested between the two, silently prayed to witness an exchange blows.

"Wheeler, if you don't-"

"Serenity isn't here, Kaiba." Yugi replied hastily. The last thing they all needed was a quarrel, with the exception of Mokuba of course. "She's currently at work-Dungeon Dice Monsters."

Kaiba scowled in disgust. "She works for Devlin?"

Joey made a move to retort, but Tristan shut him off. No matter how much he wanted to do the same. Fighting never did solve anything, except more hostility. Oh god, where did that come from? Tristan thought to himself. It was definite evidence he's been spending around Tea's speeches too much.

"Yeah," Tristan replied when no one made a move to tend the task, except Joey of course. "So if you're looking for her that's where she'll be."

"How convenient, more friendly visits." Kaiba said, his tone plainly derisive. "Let's go Mokuba."

Joey pulled from both Yugi and Tristan's grasp and frowned. "Now just wait a damn minute Kaiba!" He was now to some extent yelling, but Kaiba ignored it all the same and went out the exit, with Mokuba trailing behind, muttering all the while for not having a free show. "I'm not done with you yet-"

Joey nearly made it through the outside, until Sugoroku-Yugi's grandfather-yelling's coming from the backroom, making him forget all about Kaiba and his plans on ripping the blue-eyed CEO into shreds.

Well for now of course.

Damn!


Kaiba eyed the building in distaste. Out of all people she could've worked for, it just had to be Devlin. He strode into the company building, while Mokuba strayed behind at the limo, and walked up to the desk clerk without so much as an exchange of the weather.

"Where's Wheeler's office located at?" He asked, impatient and revolted.

The woman at the desk didn't bother to look up but replied immensely. "I'm sorry sir, but visits are prohibited. If you would like to leave a message for Ms. Wheeler, I'd be glad to write it down." Her voice sounded bubbly, and she purposely excused Kaiba's etiquette.

"I don't care what rules are prohibited." Kaiba snapped, his patience was running exceptionally emaciated, and he'd hate to see what person would be there to experience his provocation. "If you don't give me the floor and the directions I'll look for it myself."

The desk clerk placed the pen and notepad down and glanced up at Kaiba with jaded eyes, and when she did, she nearly did a double take when she saw who it was. She pursed her lips, eyes widening slightly, and apologized, giving Serenity's office location, and if he asked she'd probably give out her personal information as well.


Serenity was nearly half done with all the paperwork, and was in every respect fatigued. She had one paper, which she had to do over for more than three times, given the fact there was something wrong with the fax machine, and later found out it was a set-up for someone else in the building as a small scam, and she happened to be at the exact place at the wrong time. By the time the person came to fulfill the catch, papers were flown around and ink were seemingly blotted on the walls.

They spent a good morning-despite the weather conditions which seemed to get worse by the minute-cleaning and shredding the ruined credentials. The employees, who were responsible, would've been fired if it weren't for Serenity's saying in the whole matter.

She placed the papers down carefully, and rubbed her aching shoulders, closing her eyes for a minute. When she opened them, she was surprised to say the least, when her door burst open and Kaiba walked in as if he owned the place.

Serenity was well aware of her stiff posture as Kaiba neared his way towards her desk and plopped down in the chair across her. She didn't say anything but merely sat there-shocked.

Here he was, the person she dreaded and loathed for the past weeks, sitting like no words has ever been exchanged before. Kaiba sat there for a moment or two taking in her office and glanced at her.

"I have a pr-I have come into a decision." Kaiba announced, fully aware of her suspicions. He almost said he had a proposition for her, but caught himself in time. The last thing he needed was for her to think this was a business deal. In which way, it exclusively was.

She raised a delicately shaped eyebrow at him and leaned back. She knew what he was talking about, no doubt. It was about the baby. Or should I say babies. But there was no harm in asking. "About what…?"

Kaiba sighed, and Serenity wondered whether it was irritation or the complete opposite. "You know exactly what I'm talking about. Or have you completely forgotten?"

Serenity frowned. "You declined that the baby wasn't yours. You also specifically told me, if I recall correctly, never to mention that you ever fathered the baby, or-"

"Listen Wheeler, I know precisely what I said so you needn't to repeat every single word." Kaiba replied. "I have a meeting soon and I would like to get straight to the point."

She didn't say anything, but simply waited.

"I've changed my mind about the whole ordeal, and have come into an conclusion about accepting the baby." He said, his voice neither rash nor mocking, but surprisingly composed. "The baby, after all, needs a father. No doubt, can you support yourself with that child alone, including that wretched brother of yours."

Serenity glanced at him and decided to bypass the comment of her brother for now. This was already too uncanny for her. Kaiba had already denied everything about the subject before and now he's accepted the baby, or babies for that matter, and something hit her then, and realized he didn't know about the twins. It was, without a doubt, strange. But she excused it after a few minutes of stalling.

Running a tongue on her lower lip, she hesitated before speaking. "How did you know I worked here?" she asked, before she could comprehend the words out of her mouth. The subject matter was heavy and she needed to take a turn for a moment.

Kaiba grunted and glanced around the room once more. "I paid a small visit at that contemptible card shop. Your brother was once again amusing himself with his deprived skills." His eyes were alight with mocking laughter, but his expression was still unpleasant. "I can't believe you work here. Devlin is a complete idiot-"

Serenity blocked out the rest of Kaiba's flowing words and gasped at the mention of her brother and the card shop. "You went to the card shop?! Joey's going to be suspicious with me. I thought I told you never to mention me or you in the same sentence to Joey." She was frantic, no question in that, and she bit her lower lip in the process.

"Well it's not like I wanted to go to that card shop in the first place." Kaiba retorted. Damn, but this woman was getting on his nerves. "I could've looked up your information through my security system, but Mokuba insisted we head down for a little visit, and your hounded brother happened to be there, much to my distinct surprise."

"Don't you dare insult my brother." Serenity snapped. Both eyebrows furrowed in the course of action.

"Wheeler, I have had enough about this." Kaiba said his tone evident with annoyance. "I have come here to talk about the baby, and if you continue the subject about your brother, you'll be hearing more invectives than everyone else's combined."

She pursed her lips and sat up, with her shoulders straight and her chin up in a direct angle. "Fine," she replied. Confrontations weren't something she was good at, and she didn't want to continue now.

"Have you seen a doctor lately?" He asked, while glancing quickly at his watch.

Serenity cleared her throat and nearly squeaked. "Of course I have."

"What did he say? The baby is growing fine isn't he?" Kaiba countered, he needed to know whether the infant was liable enough to run a corporation such as Kaiba Corp., when of age.

She glanced up and faulted, noticing Kaiba mention the baby was already a he. She didn't know the exact genders of the twins, but she was hoping dearly to find out in a month or two. "The baby is fine." She said carefully, and glanced up vigilantly. "But there's something you don't know."

Kaiba raised an eyebrow and frowned. "And what precisely is that?" Was the baby deformed? Growing three heads?

Serenity cleared her throat once again and gulped visibly. "Kaiba, we're-we're having twins."


So… how was it? Good? Bad? Wish I never updated in the first place? Anyways, I'm just glad I updated, and I really hope you enjoyed the chapter. So, yes please review and tell me what you think. I'm wondering whether or not people gave up on me and this story. I don't know when my next update will be, but hopefully I wouldn't neglect it for another 4 to 5 months. I'm already plotting another SetoxSerenity story, and after a few days of searching summaries through the search engines, I didn't find anything that matches what I'm planning. I would tell you my summary of my new story, but I'm scared I might jinx myself. Besides, this story is already ringing with similarities with another story up in here, and I've already been accused for stealing plots. All I hope is that you'll enjoy it. I'm hoping to post it up around this week or maybe even today, if I'm lucky.

BTW, I just want to thank everyone for sticking with me and my story, and for giving me reasons to not delete this story off I truly appreciate that.

(I would add everyone dedications, and so forth, but that would take more time, and I figured you would want an update already by now =p.)

So to answer everyone's questions… No, I am not brain dead nor have I fallen off the face of the earth. Yes, there will be more scenes with the other characters, and I'm debating to add more couplings in here, and yes that includes JoeyxMai and so on and so forth.

-DivineAngel143 =]


. P L E A S E . R E V I E W .