Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ University Daze ❯ First Term At Domino University ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*Warning* Blah Blah Blah! (Mostly for Bakura's and Marik's bad language).

Yami: So, you're all finally going to start classes!

Marik: You know, for a story that's titled 'University Days' you guys sure are skipping a lot of classes! *winks at Malik*

Caitlin: Hey! Give me a break you guys. I'm getting there alright? See look at the chapter title *points*

Yugi: Cool! So are we in the dorms or what?

Ryou: I'm rooming with Yugi! Marik would be over at Malik's all the time and I'd never get any homework or studying done.

Malik: Why not? We'd be quiet!

Marik: *snickers* Since when? You're a screamer, my dear hikari.

*Malik turns bright red and chases Marik around the room with the Millennium Rod.*

Kali: *sweatdrops* Too much info … Too much info.

Caitlin: Ignore them. *yells* Hey! Watch the lamp! Anyway. Kaiba, it's your turn for the disclaimer.

Kaiba: 'We thank the Gods that Caitlin doesn't own Yu-Gi Oh! or anything related to it.'

Caitlin: *smacks Kaiba* I said the disclaimer not a prayer of thanks!!!!

Pairs: Yugi/Yami, Ryou/Bakura, Marik/Malik, Joey/Mai, Tristan/Serenity, Kaiba/OC?, Ishizu/Isis

************************************

Chapter 5

First Term at Domino University

It was a week before classes started. The school called it 'orientation week', in which new students could book campus tours, pick up any extra information on activities, residence, student loans, etc., and returning students could register for their classes and party the week away (though the many parties were not the University's idea).

Kala was in the campus bookstore, picking up her books when she bumped into someone as she turned to go to the counter. To her surprise, it was Seto Kaiba.

"Careful." His could voice warned. "You could get hurt running into people like that." He blinked when he saw who it was-and the pair of intense green eyes that seemed to bore straight into his soul. "Oh. It's you." He tried to sound bored and annoyed.

"I'm sorry. I'll be more careful." Those eyes narrowed angrily and she continued past him, clutching her books.

However, she lost her grip on the ones that she'd piled on top and they dropped to the floor. She crouched and began restacking them. When she went to pick them up, however, Kaiba had bent and scooped them up himself, easily.

She got to her feet and stared at him, confused, since a minute ago he'd been annoyed with her and now he was helping her.

"Have you got all you needed?" He asked, ice blue eyes holding her own steadily.

"Yes."

He grunted and hauled them to the counter, where Kala paid for them and they were bagged for her.

Kaiba had only purchased one book for himself.

Outside, she cleared her throat before speaking. "Thanks for your help, Kaiba."

He frowned a little, shrugged, and said, "Yeah. Sure."

She shifted her bags. "Um, I know you're probably busy," she paused when he looked at her. "But do you want to get some coffee?"

'Was she asking him out? No, she couldn't be it's just coffee.' His thoughts swam hastily through his mind.

"Ah. Sorry. I've got to go." He began backing away, not understanding why she affected him so much-hell, at all.

She frowned. "Oh. Alright. Maybe some other time." With that, she walked off.

He winced. 'Why'd I do that? Way to go.' Seto Kaiba sighed in frustration with himself, then turned on his heel and headed for the parking lot and his car.

***********************

Kala was sitting in Yugi and Yami's kitchen sometime later on a barstool at the small island as she related the incident. The two had moved to an apartment just off campus and Kala had become good friends with them over the last couple of months before classes were to start. She still wasn't too sure about the outrageous tale they'd told her but she could see how close they were. That was enough for her in any case.

"I was only trying to be friendly and make up for bumping into him." She scowled at her hands.

"Don't take it personally." Yugi gave her a sympathetic smile. "He doesn't really mean it, Kala."

Yami slid a hand through Yugi's hair and began massaging his hikari's neck with one hand absently. "He's right. It is an instinct for Kaiba to push people away. Be patient-and persistent."

"Seto hasn't had the easiest life, despite all the money and power." Yugi sighed sadly. "He has a hard time trusting people. And his past … well, it wasn't pretty either."

"Past?"

"You know that Marik, Bakura, Isis and myself are from ancient Egypt? Well, Joey, Tea and Seto also were there. But for them, it is a past-life. They are not the same now as they were then." Yami replied.

"You're kidding?"

"No. It's true. When I was a young boy, a Prince, I would sneak out of the Palace to play duel monsters with my two best friends-commoners-Jono and Teana. Even when I came to the throne, I continued to see them in secret."

"And Kaiba?"

Yami smiled faintly. "Ah yes. Seto. I knew him as High Priest Seto."

"A High Priest? Somehow that doesn't surprise me." Kala muttered darkly.

Yugi laughed. "It sure surprised him when he found out."

"True. Until then, he refused to believe what was going on-the whole Battle City tournament and the real reason any of us were competing." Yami mused.

"Well, I suppose I'd better get home. Mai, Serenity, and I are supposed to go shopping for school clothes later." Kala got up and went to the door, pulling on her shoes and jacket.

"Bye Kala!"

"Bye Yugi! See you Yami!"

When she'd gone, Yugi turned to his Darkness. " I think she kinda likes him." He said.

***********************

Classes began a week later. Schedules permitting, Yugi and his friends met every day for lunch in the huge cafeteria. Yugi had been pleasantly surprised when he discovered that Ryou, Malik, and (most surprisingly) Joey were also taking the classes that would lead to a career in Egyptology, and so the four boys sat together in each of their classes.

Duke Devlin was taking business classes, just as he said he would. Tristan was taking the courses required to go into law enforcement. Mai made a comfortable living dueling in tournaments here and there. Kala was working toward her Education Degree. Isis and Ishizu had well-paying permanent positions at the Domino Museum.

The other three Yamis-Marik, Bakura, and the Pharaoh-had all refused to take classes, but promised their beloved Lights that they would be happy to help them with their studies (although, in Marik and Malik's case, it was more Marik distracting Malik from his studies because Marik loved sex and nearly everything to do with it). (A/N: What's the word for a male nymphomaniac?)

As for Seto Kaiba, no one was sure what he was studying. They had all spotted him around campus, but he avoided them like the plague and refused to talk about it when they did manage to speak to him.

Finally, as the term was nearing its end and finals were approaching, Malik got fed up with the curiosity and begged Marik to follow Kaiba around-discreetly-and find out what the hell the CEO was up to.

Marik agreed after making his hikari agree to be his slave for a whole weekend (A/N: *wink*) but it had to be after finals.

So one day, he did exactly that, not bothering with the Millennium Rod since Kaiba would sense it and give Marik away. He was hiding behind a tree near the parking lot where Malik said Kaiba parked his car, when a voice spoke behind him, scaring Marik nearly out of his tight leather pants.

"What the hell are you up to?"

Marik glared at Bakura, who glared back, unfazed. They'd finally reached a grudging truce, after their hikaris, Isis and Ishizu finally had enough of their bickering.

"If you must know," Marik growled, "I'm doing my hikari a favor." A scheming grin crossed his face. "Since you're here, though …"

"What?" Bakura asked suspiciously.

"I'm supposed to follow the High Priest around when he shows up and find out what he's doing at the University. Want to come along?"

Bakura raised a white eyebrow. "What do we care what that Ra-damned High Priest does?"

"We don't. Our hikaris do, apparently."

"Whatever. Sure, I'll come. Why not? Not like I've got anything to do with Ryou in classes all day."

A sporty black car pulled into the parking lot then. "Shit!" Marik swore. "I was gonna hide in the tree so he wouldn't notice me!"

"So climb up!" Bakura had already climbed halfway up the trunk.

They watched Kaiba pull out a large carry-case and a couple of oversized books that looked like notebooks. Then Kaiba headed towards a colorful orange building, passing below their hiding spot, not noticing a thing.

When he'd gotten far enough away, Marik and Bakura dropped to the ground, cat like, and stealthily hurried after him.

"Why don't we just use our Millennium Items?" Bakura wanted to know.

"Because he'd sense that, moron!" Marik hissed. "Look! He's going inside!"

They followed him inside the orange building, then stopped to look around in shock.

"What the hell …" Bakura began, staring at a huge mural painting that was colorful but had no real point to it.

"… Is all this crap?" Marik finished, staring at a huge metal sculpture directly in front of them.

"Excuse me." A tall, skinny woman wearing a hippy-skirt, peasant blouse, and a lot of beaded jewelry (A/N: My high school art teacher made flesh! Run!!!!) came up to them. "Are you lost?"

"We're …" Marik was going to tell her off, but Bakura interrupted.

"Perhaps you could help us. We're employees of Seto Kaiba and we've an urgent message for him. Do you happen to know what class he's in?" He asked, lying smoothly.

"Oh! Of course! Mr. Kaiba just arrived. He's down that hall, third door on the left, Studio C."

"Thank you." Bakura grabbed Marik and pulled him down the hallway.

"Let go!" Marik wrenched free, glaring angrily. "What was that for? I could have just banished her to the Shadow Realm!"

"As you pointed out before, the High Priest would have sensed that, shit-for-brains!" Bakura peered cautiously into the tiny window on the door to Studio C. "Oh … My … Ra!" He slapped a hand over his mouth to swallow back his laughter as he spotted Kaiba.

"What? What's going on in there?" Marik pushed Bakura aside and Bakura leaned against the opposite wall, his whole body shaking with silent laughter.

When Marik saw what was making the Tombrobber's sides split, he gawked then burst out laughing-loud.

Again Bakura grabbed Marik and they hurried outside before anyone came to see who was laughing so loudly. Once outside, the two formerly evil spirits howled with laughter.

"Gods!" Marik wheezed. "So that's what he's doing? Wait'll Malik hears! He'll piss his pants!"

"Oh that was so worth the trouble!" Bakura wiped away a tear he'd shed laughing so hard. "It'll be lunch soon and we can tell them what the High-and-mighty-Priest of the Gods has been up to."

Still giggling uncontrollably, they walked side-by-side, heading for the Cafeteria.

************************************

Kali: Hah Hah Hah! Cliffhanger!

Caitlin: I'd say I'm evil but that wouldn't work since I'm supposed to be a hikari.

Kali: Then I'll say it! I'm evil!

Kaiba: Ok, someone spill it. What did you make me take? It better not be ballet or some sissy thing. *glares*

Caitlin: Damn! I didn't think of that! No, Kaiba, it's not ballet.

Joey: That would have been hilarious though. *cringes away from Kaiba's glare* Kidding!

Yami: R/R everyone! Please! We like reviews!

Yugi: No, we LOVE reviews!

Caitlin: And we love feedback! Who should our next lemon chapter be? R/B, M/M, Kaiba/Kala, some other pairing mentioned above?

Kali: We anxiously await your words!