Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ University Daze ❯ Seto Kaiba...the Artist?! ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

*Warning* Reading this chapter may cause your internal organs to explode from laughing too hard. Extreme caution advised.

Caitlin: Ok, so to some people it might not be that funny, but I thought it was freaking hilarious!

Kali: I think we should have changed it to ballet.

Kaiba: You do and I'll curse you.

Yami: I'd just un-curse her so don't bother.

*they glare at each other*

Ryou: Besides, if you cursed her, she couldn't continue the fic.

Yugi: That would suck! I want to know what happens next!

Marik: I just want to know who the next lemon is supposed to be.

Malik: Me too!

Bakura: Me three!

Caitlin: Well, I don't know yet. I've still got a few chapters to go before we hit another lemon. And we still require reader's feedback! *hint hint*

Kali: You heard her folks! Oh, and since they've all had a turn, I'll do the disclaimer. Caitlin don't own it, and she never will.

Caitlin: Gee, thanks, my Yami.

Pairs: Yugi/Yami, Ryou/Bakura, Marik/Malik, Joey/Mai, Tristan/Serenity, Kaiba/OC?, Ishizu/Isis

Chapter 6

Seto Kaiba … The Artist?!

"I really hate quizzes." Joey scowled at his lunch. "Who invented them anyway?"

"You did fine, Joey. I know you did." Ryou reassured him.

"Besides, the quizzes aren't what we need to worry about." Marik sipped on his can of Pepsi. (A/N: AH! Who's letting him drink sugar?!) "It's the finals I'm scared of."

"Come on guys!" Yugi shook his head. "Don't worry so much about it. We'll just have to get together and study really well. No problem."

Malik snickered. "Plus we've got walking, talking, textbooks on the subject."

They rolled their eyes. "Come on Malik! We can't bring our Yamis with us to the exams. It would be cheating!" Ryou protested.

Malik looked puzzled. "So?"

Joey scowled again. "I don't have a Yami."

"Poor Joey." Ryou patted his friend on the shoulder sympathetically. "Still, you do have a past life to look back on. That's something."

"Ryou, were you expecting Bakura today?" Yugi suddenly asked. He was looking toward the Cafeteria doors.

"No. Why?"

"I thought I spotted him."

"Hey guys!" Kala, Tristan, and Duke sat down with their lunches.

"Hey! It is Bakura!" Ryou blinked. "With Marik? Is this a bad thing?"

Malik swiveled in his seat at the mention Marik. "Where?

The two Yamis were making their way through the crowded eating area, still wearing huge grins on their faces.

"Marik! So? So?" Malik was practically bouncing in his seat. (A/N: *sweatdrops* Sugar is kicking in. Gods help us.)

If it was possible, Marik's grin got wider. So did Bakura's.

"Bakura? What are you doing here? With Marik?" Ryou looked up at his Yami, confused and a little worried. "What'd you do?"

"You'll never believe it, love." Bakura grabbed an empty chair and sat next to his hikari.

"Am I going to have to something bad to tell Yami when I get home?" Yugi asked, suspiciously.

"Depends on how you look at it." Marik laughed.

"So what already?" Tristan demanded.

"Well, I made a deal with my hikari here. He'd be my slave for a weekend if I would follow Kaiba around and find out what the hell he's doing here."

"And?" Malik begged.

"Patience kid. Anyway, I was waiting near that parking lot where Kaiba parks that fancy car of his when the Tombrobber here pops out of nowhere."

Bakura stuck his tongue out. "Not my fault you weren't paying attention to your surroundings."

Marik just glowered at him. "Since he was there, I invited him along." He continued, grabbing a spare chair and straddling the back of it, sitting next to Malik. Seeing that he had everyone's complete attention, he went on. "So when Kaiba shows up, we follow him into that big orange building."

Joey stared at him. "That's the fine arts building."

"Is that what they call it?" Bakura scoffed. "If those sculptures and pictures we saw are what people call 'art' now they're crazier than these two." He pointed at Marik and Malik.

"Stuff it up your …" Marik was cut off by Malik's hiss.

"Whatever. So what's he doing there?"

Bakura chuckled. "Would you believe … painting?"

"You're kidding." Yugi looked at him like he'd lost it … completely. Everyone else was looking skeptical too.

"No, really! We found out what classroom he was in and we go look and there he is, one of those dainty little paint-brushes in hand, frowning at a canvas …"

Marik couldn't take it. He began laughing so hard he fell backwards out of his chair.

"Wearing a … smock!" He choked out between fits of laughter.

Malik was grinning madly and helped his Yami back up, giggling.

"Marik, my Yami, you ROCK!" He planted a loud smacking kiss on Marik's mouth.

"Mmm. You taste like Pepsi." Marik grabbed his Light and proceeded to tongue-wrestle Malik.

"I can't believe it! Kaiba! An artist?" Tristan shook his head. "Somehow, it just doesn't compute."

"I think it's wonderful." Kala stated. "Art is a good way to express oneself."

"Uh, Malik?" Ryou nudged Malik in the ribs with an elbow. "Cut it out before you get kicked out."

They gave each other one last smooch and broke apart. "Hold that thought." Malik smiled happily.

"Anything to make my hikari happy." Marik's grin was slightly evil.

Bakura leaned over and kissed Ryou on the cheek before getting up and saying, "I'm gone. See you after classes, hikari."

"Ok! Bye, 'Kura!"

"Hey, Tombrobber! Wait up! Let's go scare some little kids or something." Marik chased after him.

"You're a moron." They heard Bakura say.

"Do you think they're alright together?" Ryou asked, worried.

"I actually think they bonded a little." Duke grinned.

"Ah! Guys! We're so going to be late!" Yugi cried glancing at his watch.

They all grabbed their stuff and ran off to their next classes.

**********************

For Yugi, Malik, Ryou and Joey, it was a course on Egyptian culture. They were currently looking at Egyptian art and music.

They managed to get to their seats before the professor arrived.

"Hey, weren't we supposed to get some sort of surprise today?" Ryou asked, flipping open his notebook.

Joey groaned. "Probably another quiz."

"Doubt it." Malik yawned. "You know the prof. He hates marking tests and stuff."

"So I wonder what it'll be?" Yugi wondered just as their professor entered, followed by …

"Kaiba!" The four boys in the back row chorused.

He looked over, startled, then paled. "Oh, no."

Yugi, in his usual cheerful way, smiled and waved.

The professor looked up and coughed before speaking. "Well, I see some of you recognize our guest. For those of you who don't, this is Mr. Seto Kaiba, CEO of Kaiba Corporation. He's here to tell you about a little field trip he's sponsoring."

'Great. Why does fate hate me?' Seto asked himself. 'What are those four doing in this class anyway? And why is Malik grinning like that?'

Malik was, indeed, grinning. He leaned over and whispered something to the others, who exchanged looks and grinned, too. Yugi and Ryou had covered their mouths and were trying not to giggle.

Kaiba frowned menacingly at them. 'Alright. What's going on?'

The professor, clueless, began passing out a packet of papers to the class. "Here's all the information and forms you'll need. And now, I'll let Mr. Kaiba tell you all about this opportunity."

Kaiba gave them one last glare before addressing the class. "It's simple. Kaiba Corp. is sponsoring the Egyptology department by sending those students who are working towards a career in that field to Egypt for the entire semester break. There'll be guided tours, lectures, and the opportunity to visit some new dig sites that aren't open to the public. If you're interested, fill out the forms and get them back tomorrow to your professor." With that, he gracefully waltzed out of the room, trench coat swirling around his ankles.

An excited buzz took over the class.

"Hey guys! Check this out!" Joey pointed at one of the papers. "He's paying for nearly everything. All transportation and lodging, breakfasts and suppers, the tours …"

Yugi was smiling. "Oh, I can't wait to tell Yami!"

The other hikaris agreed.

"Goodness! Just think! We'll finally see how our Yamis lived back then." Ryou tucked his forms into his book bag.

"Talk about a trip down memory lane." Malik said.

"Too bad the others couldn't come." Joey sighed. "I'd have liked to take Mai and Serenity."

"It says you can bring one family member or significant other." Ryou said.

"Where?"

"Page two."

"Alright! But who do I pick?"

"Let them decide." Yugi suggested.

"Guess I'll have too."

************************************

Caitlin: Ok, I know this chapter was a little short, but it just worked out that way.

Kali: I liked it!

Kaiba: *pained* An artist? I paint? And wear a smock?

Caitlin: I could have let you get paint all over your fancy outfit.

Kaiba: Good point.

Kali: R/R!