Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Raia ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“I'm a bitch, I'm a tease/ I'm a goddess on my knees/ When you hurt, when you suffer/ I'm your angel undercover/ I've been numb, I'm revived/ Can't say I'm not alive/ You know I wouldn't want it any other way”
 
-Meredith Brooks
 
 
 
Raia rummaged through the fridge, letting out a cry of success when she found and pulled out a wine cooler. Usually, she would never have the stuff in the house, unless she wanted a lecture. Seto didn't believe in drinking, said it clouded the mind. To Raia, sometimes the mind needed to be clouded. `With Seto as a brother…you can't get too clouded.'
 
But now, with her brothers in America working on the amusement park, she was in charge. She could stay up as late as she wanted (another thing Seto had a problem with.), eat what she wanted (“You need healthy food!”) and watch what she wanted.
 
She pulled out a tub of Ben and Jerry's, poured herself a glass of wine, and flipped to “Whose Line is it Anyway?”. She cracked up the volume to ear shattering and settled down into Seto's favorite chair. Who needed to go out when you had all of life's greatest pleasures right at home?
 
Raia had just gotten the first bite of the sweet dessert in her mouth and let it melt on her tongue when the buzzer rang. She let out a groan, hoping the sound would stop, but when it was clear it would not, she muted the TV, and ran up to the intercom.
 
“This better be good!” She shouted.
 
“Raia?” The voice crackled from the box.
 
“Yugi!? Uh…come on up!” Raia quickly ran to a mirror, making sure she was presentable. Raia was the type of woman that could roll out of bed and appear beautiful. But if she really wanted, to, she could be drop dead gorgeous with a simple fixing of her long auburn hair and the right makeup to highlight her creamy skin and deep blue eyes.
 
The 4 friends arrived a minute later, and were greeted by Raia. They walked in and gasped. The apartment was a total mess. Pizza boxes littered the table, the sink overflowed with dishes. The couch was torn apart, and dirty clothing littered the ground so that it was impossible to take a step without placing your foot, if you were lucky, on a pair of pants or a shirt. Tea carefully made her way to a chair and sat down, while the guys cleared a spot on the second large couch. Raia took a drink from her glass and gave them a `nice to see you, but you are interrupting me' smiled.
 
“What do you need guys?”
 
“A maid service.” Tea answered with mild disgust. Raia shrugged and ate another spoonful of ice cream.
 
“Raia, we came to ask you question.” Yugi asked, trying not to look about.
 
“Well, ask me anything.”
“What the hell is this?” Tristan asked, pulling on a small piece of cotton lodged in the cushion
 
Raia smiled. “Your mother never teach you about those things Tristan?” Tristan's eyes got wide, and he let go of the white fabric and moved away from it.
 
“Tristan, stop crowding me!” Joey shouted as his friend crawled into his lap. “HEY!”
 
Yugi sighed. “We came to ask you about a teacher of yours and Seto's.”
 
Raia set her drink down and leaned in close. “Why do you ask? I mean…hell, how do you even know we were taught by someone?”
 
“We were told by a friend that this teacher of yours competed in a tournament Pegasus started up, one where he won a rare card. We need to talk to him about it.”
Raia stood up and paced, deep in thought. Seto and her didn't like the flaunt their connection to Geno when it came to duel monsters, for both parties' sake. Finally, she sighed. “Seto will kill me for this….”
“And he won't kill you for this?” Tea asked, talking about the room.
 
Raia laughed. “His name is Geno Roads.”
Yugi nodded. “We know that…we just don't know who he is.”
 
Raia picked up the remote and flipped it to another station. This one was showing some kind of cartoon. Raia pointed to the bottom of the screen, where a little R with a sword through it sat. “Ever hear of Roads INC?”
 
Tristan nodded. “That's the big Communications company…wait a minute…Geno works there?”
 
“No.” Raia said with a smirk. “Geno owns it.” For the second time, the gang let their jaws drop. “Geno Roads owns and runs Roads INC, and also has a controlling share in Kaiba Corp, as well as stock in Illusion Industries, Drago Records, and Tashio Banks.”
 
Tea gulped. “Isn't he like…super super rich?”
 
“That's him. Seto and him are partners in crime, so to speak, and Geno taught Seto and me the game of duel monsters, as well as a lot of other things. Why do you think Seto doesn't go to school anymore? Geno is personally helping him pass his GED and get him into college. Next year Seto wants him to begin teaching Mokuba.”
“We need to see him as soon as possible!” Joey said, standing up.
 
“Can I ask why?” Raia replied. The group nodded, and for the next ten minutes, they told her everything Pegasus had told them. After remaining quiet for a moment, Raia nodded. “Of course. If you guys will wait outside for a minute, I'll be out to show you his apartment.”
 
Tea, Tristan and Joey headed out, but Raia stopped Yugi. His puzzle and her heart glowed, and their Yami's replaced the two teens.
 
Kaikou looked at the apartment in disgust. “She is such a pig.”
 
Yami frowned. “What do you want? I'm guessing you didn't call me out to talk about housekeeping.”
“I want to warn you about Geno. HE is an excellent duelist. He outranks Seto...”
Yami smiled. “I've faced worst.”
“Just….be careful. Geno has a something to help him.”
Yami raised an eyebrow. “Like what?”
 
“I….I can't tell you.” Kaikou moved to the window. Yami walked over to her.
 
“What kind of hold does this man hold over you that you can't tell me?”
Kaikou smiled. “You wouldn't understand. It is a matter of honor. I have suffered for it before, both of us have…yet I would not loss my honor by doing anymore. Just be careful, not everything is as it seems.” She gave him a quick peck on the check, and then, both were gone. Raia and Yugi shook their heads.
 
“What just happened?”
Raia frowned. “Who knows. Come on, let's get over there.”
 
@*@*@
 
The 5 of them made their way through the streets of Domino as fast as they could. Though the term fast could be argued. Usually, Yugi and Joey attracted a few on lookers and autograph seekers, but with the sister of Seto Kabia (who was a great duelist in her own right, and had taken the duel monster world by storm with her sudden `return'), they managed to get a mob around them. They pushed and shoved their way to a large apartment complex, turning down autograph requests and such, asking everyone to go through the right channels. As soon as they reached it, the crowd dissipated rapidly. They knew who lived there, and if Yugi and co. were meeting him, they didn't want to make him mad by keeping them. Geno could ruin a life with a word, and no one wanted to be in the way of his wrath.
 
Roads Tower was impressive to say the least. 22 stories tall, it's sharp edges and reflective surface lent itself the recent wave of American Design style that had begun to appear around Domino in the last few years. The building had no adornments of any kind. There were no flags, not signs, not even radio towers or satellite dishes. It didn't even need the usual airplane warning lights that the larger buildings had. It was a great silver sliver, jutting up from the ground into the sky.
 
Tristan walked up to where the door should be, but only found an elevator. Frowning, he noticed a single button, and with a shrug, pressed it. It buzzed, and the speaker crackled for a moment.
 
“Which floor does he live on?” Tea asked. Raia looked at her, confused. “For when we have to tell the attendant watching the door.”
 
Raia frowned. “There…is no attendant. I thought you guys understood…He owns the whole building.” She rang the buzzer again, getting annoyed by the wait. “Geno! Answer the damn door!”
The buzzer crackled, and voice came over it. “Give me a break Raia, I was in the middle of practice.! Damn it girl, I taught you patience!” He paused. “What do you want?”
 
“To come up?” Raia asked, sarcasm dripping from her mouth.
 
Another pause. “Come on up then and stop wasting time.”
Raia let out a scream of frustration as the elevator opened and the gang got in, taking it up 12 floors. The doors opened with a whoosh, and they stepped out into a gym of sorts. All around the walls were boxing bags, weight lifting machines and many different weapons. It was set up like a Martial Arts Dojo, with padded floors and light colored walls. The group behind Raia took a moment to marvel at the large space and the sheer amount and variety of devices and weapons. Every kind of lifting, fighting and running machine was there, as well as an armory that would put most museums to shame.
 
“Hello Raia, what's up?”
 
Raia ran up and hugged the man hat had asked this. He was a young man who looked about 25 years old, wearing a gray tee and jeans, his short blonde hair plastered to his head by sweat. He was barefoot, his face slightly flushed as he let the kendo stick he had been holding drop to the ground. His body was lean and trim, with just the right amount of muscles to make him look attractive and not unsightly. His face was smooth and tanned, his hazel eyes twinkling with deep wisdom. His towered over Yugi, for he was 6 foot 2 without his shoes. He was an imposing being, like a Renaissance Statue carved by a master artist, come to life, the stone turned flesh yet his blood still rock.
 
He wrapped his arms around Raia and kissed her forehead. Raia smiled and hugged a bit tighter, trying to make the hardened muscles under his clothing give. “Hi Geno. My friends want to talk to you…” She leaned in close. “They know about the tournament.”
 
Geno smirked. “Of course they do.” He looked over at the group and nodded. “Greetings, Mr. Moto, Wheeler, and Taylor.” He gently broke from Raia's embrace and bowed to Tea, kissing her hand. “And a good evening to you, Miss Garner.”
 
Tea giggles nervously. “Uh…thank you Mr. Roads.”
 
“Please, you may call me Geno.”
 
“Well then…Geno…I hope we didn't interrupt your workout.”
 
Geno waved his hand dismissively. “All I do is work out, in some form or another. Sometimes I forget to interact with the outside world. That is why I keep Raia around. She serves as a pleasant distraction.”
 
“That's all?” Raia huffed.
 
“Well, there are other reason.” Geno sat down at a bench and lifted a 200 pound barbell, focusing one lifting it. “Now, what can I do for you people?”
 
“First off Geno…” Joey began.
 
“Mr. Roads.” Geno said with a grunt, lifting the barbell up for a 12th time.
 
“Huh?”
 
Geno continued to focus upon one single spot above him as he lifted. “My name is Mr. Roads. You will call me such.”
 
“But you said to call you Geno!” Tristan shouted.
 
“I told the beautiful Miss Garner to call me Geno. I did not tell her friends to do so. She has earned my interest, not you. Besides, women hold such honors, men must earn them.” He paused to set the weights back into their spot, then sat up. “Now, let us cut to the chase, shall we Mr. Moto? You are here because you know I hold one of the Greek Weapon Cards.”
“That's right. I have come for it. I am willing to duel you for it…”
 
“Where would that be fair?” Geno questioned, his voice smooth as silk. “I risk my card and you endanger nothing? No no no my boy…I will not play to those terms.” He stood up. “I want your Greek Weapon card. Don't act surprise!” Geno said, looking over with mild humor at the face faults now decorating the faces of Yugi and his friends. “I knew Pegasus held a card, and I know only he would send you to collect it.” He ran his fingers through his hair. “The terms of the duel will be this: Battle City rules, but with an lp of 6000…I like to make the game more sporting. I will put up my Greek weapon card, as well as the name of one of the Legendary 8 that holds the next card. In exchange, you will put up your weapon card, as well as answer me one question at the end of our duel. Agreed?” Yugi nodded, thankful he had brought his duel disk. “Then step this way Yugi. Raia, would you kindly take Yugi's friends to the private box. They may watch the duel from there. Yugi, you will go through this elevator…” he pointed to one elevator, far away from the one he and his friends had left. “It will lead you to the dueling field. I will be there shortly.”