Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Pregame Rituals ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“As a man…I am flesh and blood. I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as symbol…As a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting…something terrifying.”
 
-Bruce Wayne
 
 
 
The teens nodded and made their way to their respective elevators. Geno smiled slightly watching them go, then turned to the shadows, his eyes focused on one spot. “I know you are around Shima…show yourself.”
 
A ghostly form began to shimmer from the darkness, stepping forward as she took the physical form of a tall elegant warrioress. Her long pale blue hair seemed to glow as she walked towards Geno, her hips swaying ever so slightly and erotic manner. She licked her lips and pressed herself into his body.
 
“I always find it amusing when you use my mortal name.” Shima said quietly, running a finger along his neck.
 
“I knew you as Shima for our married life. That is the name of the woman that claimed my heart. Besides…shadow tamer is such an ugly tamer for a wondrous creature.”
 
“Seems you like wondrous creatures, from the way you were looking at Tea.”
 
Geno's face turned into mock surprise. “Are you saying I sleep around.”
 
“Yes.” She replied with a grin. “But that's ok…those women may claim your body…they can even claim your heart…but I will always hold your soul.” She licked him under his chin. “And I wasn't referring to calling me Shadow Tamer.”
 
Geno chuckled and held her close. “I am still mad about that.”
 
Shima huffed as she laid her head upon his shoulder. “I didn't plan on dying.”
 
“You could have told me you would become a spirit.”
 
Shima giggled. “What was I suppose to say? `My dear husband, I am really a fallen goddess, reincarnated as a mortal woman? Oh, and great news, when I die, I'll be able touse my magic to join with my KA?'”
 
“Better then surprising me.” He grumbled, letting out a soft moan as her hands ran along his behind. “Why don't we do this more often?”
 
“Well….” She let out a sigh as her hands went right through his body. He looked at her as she grew transparent. His head lowered, right through her shoulder, and she gave him a weak smile. “…because I lack the power to take physical form for more then a few minutes.”
 
“You're getting stronger though.” He mumbled. “When you first started out, you could only appear in your goddess form…” he looked at her from beneath his bangs.
 
“no Geno.” She said softly. “We both know I can't be in my goddess form.”
 
“I know…the god that tried to kill you is still around. If he found out you had taken mortal form to escape…”
 
Shima nodded. “And don't forget, the Greek Gods are still after me. They blame me for the near death of Athena.”
 
“You weren't the one to stab her.” He mumbled.
 
“I know…” She stroked his hair, or tried too. “Don't worry my love…soon we will be together…my dear Geno Roads.”
 
Geno nodded. “You're right, my lovely Shima…my lovely Nephthys.”
 
@*@*@
 
`Geno will be difficult to defeat' Yugi thought, leaning against the elevators' wall. `I have no idea what kind of deck he runs, and if he was good enough to compete in that first tournament, he must have a lot of rare and powerful cards.'
 
“That's not the half of it.” Yami stated, appearing in front of his partner.
 
“What do you mean spirit?”
 
“Before we left, I talked to the spirit of the millennium heart.”
 
Yugi looked at him. “So that was what happened back at Raia's place.” He watched some of the numbers tick up. “What did Kaikou want?”
 
Yami nodded. “She warned me that Geno has something…something that could effect our duel with him.”
 
“Do you have any idea what that could be?”
 
“I do not know. Kaikou said she is honor bound not to reveal his secret…but I don't trust Geno. He is hiding something…”
 
Yugi looked at Yami, something suddenly crossing his mind. “He knew our names.”
 
“What?”
 
“Geno…he knew our names…before we told him.”
 
“Maybe Raia told him?” Yami offered.
 
“Maybe…”
 
@*@*@
 
The doors opened of the elevator opened, and Yugi found himself in a large room, roughly the size of the dojo he had just left. This room as covered from floor to ceiling in strange black and gray tiles, green lines running and twisting through each one. To one side, a large opening in the wall revealed Raia, Joey, Tristan and Tea already sitting down…and eating popcorn.
 
“GUYS!” Yugi shouting.
 
“Sorry Yug!” Joey called out, stuffing his face. “But I get hungry watching you cream guys!”
 
“IS that so?” Geno said, stepping out of his own elevator. “I am glad to hear you have such faith in your friend, Mr. Wheeler. Such things are rare, in this day and age.” Geno lifted his left arm, revealing his duel disk. It was metallic black, shaped like a stretch out house…like the kind children drew in kindergarten. A rectangle with a triangle top. He touched a button on one armband, and the device split in half, firing off the pointed ends into two small slots in the wall. He handed Yugi his deck, and after a quick shuffle, took it back. He carefully placed it between the two halves, a small box rising around it with the lp counter, as well as a two slots for drawing cards and sending them to the graveyard. Yugi activated his own duel disk, and watched as the holo projectors blinked and flew into the wall.
 
“The computers in this room are designed to take control of your holo projectors and transmit the image themselves. Much more life like…as you will shortly see.” He waved off Yugi's offer to cut the deck, waiting for Yugi to finish his pregame ritual.
 
`Yugi…we end this quick. I do not trust him. No time for showmanship, no time for tricks. This is an in and out slam job.'
 
Yugi nodded. `The old Joey strategy.' He thought with a grin.
 
`Yes. We need to use all of our power to stop this man…we can't give him an opening. He is the best of all the Legendary 8…we can't fall to him. To much is at stake.'
 
With that, Yugi felt the power of his puzzle flow through him, the gentle push as his soul joined with that of the Spirit. It was a weird sensation, the joining of souls. His mind became filled as separate thoughts joined with his, unlocking skills and possibilities he never knew were available. He felt confidence pool into his soul, strengthening his resolve.
 
The change took only a moment, and only those who were expecting it could see the transformation. A few inches in height, a deepening of the eyes. A more mature, stronger duelist.
 
“You may be one of the Legendary 8 Geno, but don't think for a moment that intimidates me, you are wrong. I have faced greater odds then you could ever imagine.” Yami drew…and froze.
 
“Something the problem?” Geno asked with a smirk.
 
Yami stared in horror at is hand. 6 utterly useless cards. Traps that he couldn't use, rituals without their monsters, monsters that could only be special summoned…it was the worst hand he could get.
 
“Draw again.” Geno said, giving Yami a wave of his hand. “Call that practice.”
 
Yami looked at him, angry that Geno was being so dismissive. However, he would allow Geno to make mistakes. “Heart of the Cards…” He muttered, drawing his hand after shuffling his deck…his eyes growing wide.
 
He drew the same 6 cards.
 
“This…this isn't possible. I shuffled the deck, separated them.,.”
 
“Would you like to draw again?” geno asked, his tone bored. “But I doubt it will do you any good.”
 
Yami frowned. “What are you talking about.”
 
Geno turned to the viewing box. “You didn't tell him?”
 
Raia's Millennium Heart glowed, and Raia and Kaikou's souls merged. Raia grew from 6 foot to 6 foot 2, her hair lighter and longer. Her eyes took on an almost silver blue color as she stared at Geno. She felt the same energy Yugi did, only stronger. It was as if someone had made her invincible, made her all powerful in one great strike. When she had first done it, she had spent a whole hour merely looking at her hand and giggling at the strength now in her limbs.
 
Geno smirked. “Hello Kaikou.”
 
“Hello…Geno.” Kaikou replied. “I didn't say a word about anything…it's your secret to tell.”
 
“What kind of secret?” Joey shouted, grabbing Kaikou's shirt. “Did you led us into a trap Raia? Did you sell your friends out…”
 
Joey suddenly felt his body freeze up. Everyone turned to see Geno glaring at him, a golden dagger pointed directly at him. Yami stared at him in shock, Kaikou in anger.
 
“I could have handled him geno!' She shouted.
 
“I am sure you could.” Geno replied calmly. “But he needs to learn how to treat a woman.” He flicked the dagger away, sending Joey to the group, gasping for air. Geno slowly turned to Yami. “You have faced greater odds then I posse?” He held up the golden dagger watching it gleam. It was smaller then a normal dagger, just a few inches longer then his entire hand. The handle was smooth and rounded, the edge razor sharp. But it was the crossbar that drew Yami's attention.
 
It was the Eye…the eye upon every item. The God's Eye.
 
“The Millennium Dagger.” Yami whispered. “You possess it.”
 
“No, I merely holding it for someone.” Geno gave him a wicked smile. “Of course I posses it. Have you forgotten my face so soon, Pharaoh?”
 
“What…what did you say?” Yami felt his body tremble as the dagger's point aimed right at his throat.
 
Geno continued to smile, ignoring the comment. “Allow me to remind you of who I am, of my power.” He licked his lips, the dagger still pointed at Yami. “Every item holds a certain power. Some can banish evil minds, others see into the hearts of mortals, and still others, like the Heart, can unveil one's greatest wish…or darkest fear. But my dagger…oh, it beats them all. My dagger can sever the link between any two things…like you're deck and yourself.” He frowned. “Using your puzzle to bring out your best cards…for shame Pharaoh. I thought you had honor!”
 
“I don't know how you got that dagger, but do you realize it's power?” Yami shouted. “Geno, that weapon was wielded by Kappa Neo, the man that betrayed his own people! Because of his hate, a great immortal army is about to be unleashed…this is beyond mere dueling! We are going up against the power of the gods!”
 
“DO NOT TELL ME OF THEIR POWER!” Geno roared, golden energy emanating from his body. “I DO NOT FEAR THE GODS!”
 
Yami shook his head. “Do you hear yourself? The dagger has made you mad, just as it did Kappa Neo! Who are you to challenge the gods?!”
 
“The man that kills them.” He whispered. “Haven't you figured it out Pharaoh?” He grinned once more, his teeth gleaming from the light as two 8 point stars appeared upon his brow, one inside the other. The larger was all black with 4 points white, while the smaller was the reverse. “I am the being that defies the gods! I am the man that bares their sign, the twilight star. I was born of time's seed and earth's womb! Trained in light and raised in darkness. I was the company of kings and the savior of the retched!”
 
“Who are you!?!” Yami cried out.
 
“I am the man that killed you Pharaoh! I have lived 5000 years, waiting for the chance to finish what I started! I-AM-KAPPA-NEO!” His cards shot into his hand. “AND IT IS TIME TO DUEL!”