Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Against the greatest odds ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

"The board is set…the pieces are moving. We come to it atlast…the great battle of our time.”
 
- Gandalf
 
 
Everyone could only watch in stunned silence as Geno looked over his cards. His admission, what he had done to Joey…the Millennium Dagger that was now hanging from the sheath at his side…it was mental overload. All of these things had pretty much sucked the sound from the room. They could only stare at him as he carefully examined his hand.
 
Geno looked up at Yami and sneered. “Forgotten how to duel Pharaoh? Shall I remind you?”
 
Yami snapped out of his contemplation, staring down the man that had revealed to have started all of this…the man that had betrayed him once before.
 
“When I came here, I merely wished to obtain your card. Now I see, to protect the world, I must prevent you from holding it!”
 
Geno nodded. “Funny Pharaoh…I was thinking the same thing…now why don't you make your move?”
 
“Gladly!” Yami took a card from his hand and held it up. “I summon the Obnoxious Celtic Guard.”
 
The room shimmered for a moment, and Yami could only watch as the Celtic Guard appeared in front of him. Yet, he noticed something strange. The guard stood looser, his body tense yet not as rigid and straight as Yami was use to. The monster turned his head towards Yami and gave him a small nod before unsheathing his sword, pushing a stray lock of hair from out of his eyes.
 
Tristan blinked. “Does that monster seem…different?”
 
Kaikou smiled, despite the situation. “This is Kaiba Corp prototype technology. Seto and Raia designed it themselves and this is the first place we installed it.” She couldn't help but let the pride she felt for her partner tint her tone. “This program not only makes the monsters no longer hover but stand on he ground, but also provide hem with life like actions, movement and reactions.”
 
Geno turned and smiled. “Correct. I also have added a few surprises on my own. Combined them with the new tech and the Solid Matter System…and this is no longer a child's game. This is a real battle, with real rewards and real losses.” His eyes seemed to flash in the light. “Can you handle it?”
 
Yami nodded, setting two cards. “I can, but will you Geno…or should I call you Kappa?”
 
“Kappa died in Egypt, Pharaoh.” Geno replied. “I have lived more lifetimes then all those in this room, combined.” He pulled out his own card. “For my first move, I will summon Blindly Loyal Goblin.”
 
Yami smirked as the brown-skinned, pointed eared warrior appeared, bowing to Geno before facing the Celtic Guard.
 
“Only someone rash would send out a soldier when the enemy holds the advantage. Reveal trap card: Trap Hole!” The ground beneath the goblin shuddered and buckled, before it opened wide, the Goblin tumbling in, his hands clawing at the floor before he fell. Yami visibly paled when he heard it let out a wail of panic as the hole sealed, shattering him. “You…You are sick Geno.”
 
Geno shook his head and knelt on the ground, touching the still visible star on his forehead then the ground where the Goblin has stood. He looked up at Yami and sighed. “Such is the fate of battle Pharaoh. The good die, and sometimes the wicked live. Such is the fate of the world, of this game. If you can not handle the blood on your hands, give up now.” He stood up and set a card on the field.
 
Yami hit a button on his duel disk, revealing his second trap card, Dust Torando. Geno's Conscription trap shattered and Yami smiled, but not with the confidence he had once held.
 
“I'll set this monster in defense, and attack with my Celtic Guard!” The monster gave a slight nod of his head and rushed Geno, sword raised. Right as he swung down, Geno had his dagger in his hands, blocking the hit. The Guard looked at him and Geno gave a sheepish shrug.
 
“Sorry, force of habit.” He dropped the dagger, and grunted as the blade slashed into his gut. He let out a weak groan and stumbled forward slightly, catching and righting himself. (Geno- 4600)
 
Joey grinned as he popped some snacks into his large…snack hole. “Man, Yug as this one in the bag! He's already taken Geno down to almost 4500, and he has two monsters on the field. He might as well give up.”
 
Kaikou looked at Joey and sighed. “How did you ever make it into the Battle City Finals?”
 
“What?”
 
“The game is still early. The probability of Geno not having anything that could take out the Pharaoh's monsters and leaving his field empty for direct attacks is slim to none. The very fact that he is part of the Legendary 8 should be proof of that.”
 
Joey blinked. “…what?”
 
“See this?” Kaikou held up a candy bar, then tossed it behind her. “Go get it.”
 
“CANDY!”
 
The sound of hands hitting foreheads could be heard in the vicinity of Tristan and Tea.
 
“You have began the battle well Pharaoh. But do not think like your friend that this means anything. 7 samurai could hold off a horde of wicked bandits with just swords, despite the odds and despite the dangers. Nothing is certain till the final Life point. There are no ranks, no dominations.
 
“For my first move, I will summon Getsu Fuhma, in attack mood.” A shower of lotus blossoms covered the field, gathering and piling up till they stood nearly as tall as Geno. The mound shook, and with a great heave, flew away, revealing the red haired samurai. He turned towards Geno, and giving him a bow, spun and drew his katana. “But that isn't all. I activate the Spell Card The Ride of the Rohirrim .”
 
The card flipped up, revealing a hilltop, upon it stood a horse, it's rider raising his blade. It sank into the ground, and Yami nearly fell on his behind when the room shook. `One of Geno's additions.' He thought as a hill grew out of the floor. He saw a small speck riding down it, growing larger and more defined.
 
“This card allows me to special summon one warrior from my hand to the field if I only have one warrior already in play. And the warrior I chose is Twilight Swordsman Lv 4!”
 
Everyone looked up as the ceiling gave way, creating the night sky above them. The stars began to shine, brighter and bright, till them began to swirl, forming a grand being that stepped from the sky and onto the field, replacing the warrior that had rode forth from the hill. Dressed in silver armor, his mask was pitch black. Upon his chest he wore the same Twilight Star Geno currently bore upon his forehead. His black gauntlets cracked as he pulled forth his saber, the hilt ivory but the blade so dark it seemed to pull all the light into it. The soldier approached Getsu Fuhma and clasped his hand in his own, a sign of brotherhood. (twilight Swordsman Lv 4: 1700/1200)
 
“Behold Pharaoh the power my deck brings forth! Twilight Swordsman, attack the Celtic Guard. Twilight's Fall!”
 
The swordsman rushed the elf warrior, his blade beginning to glow as he leapt up and pointed it right at the Celtic Guard. A blast of white light shot from it, shattering Yami's monster with a terrible scream of agony. (Yami- 5700)
 
“You're swordsman is impressive Geno. But I believe in the heart of the cards, even if you think it but a trick of my puzzle!” Yami drew, and could not help but smile. “And the cards reward me. I activate a card your own pupil gave: The Devil's Sanctuary!” The spell slipped into the ground, and a hell hole opened from beneath Yami's feet, a great iron statue of a twisted demon appearing before him. “But that isn't all! I play the magic card, Multiply, to triple the number of Statues. But they won't be staying there for long!”
 
“GO yugi!” Tea called out.
 
“Show him you're divine power!” Tristan cheered.
 
“I sacrifice all three Devil Tokens to summon Obelisk, the Tormentor!”
 
As Yami slammed the card onto his duel disk, the room began to shake and Yami felt his disk shudder as blue energy burst forth, transforming into the great God. It towered above them all, it's dark eyes narrowed as it let out a terrible roar. Geno merely returned it's gaze.
 
“Hello Obelisk.” He replied smoothly.
 
“….kkkkkkkkaaaaappppppaaaaa….” It hissed.
 
Yami stared up at the divine beast in shocked, but snapped out of it. “But that isn't all. I activate the Spell card Double Sacrifice. It allows me to make one of my monsters into two for one tribute or sacrifice. So, I will spilt my downface Big Shield Gardna into two monsters, and sacrifice them to my Obelisk to activate his effect: God Hand Smash!” The great god roared as the energy of the monsters pooled into him. “Obelisk, destroy the Twilight Swordsman!” The god sent it's fists flying towards the swordsman, energy wrapping around them. With a great crash, they plowed into the ground, leaving deep ruts in the artificial floor. “And with that, your monster fa…what?!”
 
There, standing upon Obelisk's hand, stood the Twilight Swordsman. Yet, he was different. His white armor was covered in black spikes, his sword was larger, and he now wore a great black cape, the stars sprinkled upon it.
 
Geno smirked as his monster returned to him. “maybe you should have looked upon my monster before attacking. If you had, you would have learned of my monster's effect.”
 
“effect?!”
 
“Correct. As you all know, LV monsters increase in level when a certain requirement is activated. Twilight Swordsman evolves when an opponent summons a monster.” The Twilight swordsman gave a short nod and drew his sword. “So, when you summoned Obelisk, you evolves him into his Lv 6 form. And this form grants him the Celestial Cloak, which makes him invulnerable to all effects you throw at him!” (2400/1600)
 
“That's all?” Joey shouted. “He can still take your swordsman out with an attack!” He looked at Kaikou. “Right?” She shrugged and turned back to the duel.
 
“That's for Yami to decide.”
 
Yami nodded, looking up at Obelisk. “Joey has the right idea. You can avoid the gods, but you can not hold off their power forever! Obelisk, attack the Twilight Swordsman!”
 
“Not so fast!” Geno shouted. “I activate Twilight Swordsman's second effect!”
 
The Swordsman raised his sword in front of him, the blade running straight down his face. He slowly moved his hands to the side of te hilt, and allowed it to spin down, till it was pointing at his feet. The blade glowed, and shot out a dazzling light, Yami crying out as he tried to cover his eyes with his sleeve.
 
In the room, everyone covered their eyes, the only one prepared was Kaikou, who knew what had been coming from her countless duels with Geno. Everyone blinked, once the glow faded, and let out a startled gasp.
 
The images of the Twilight Swordsman and Getsu Fuhma were distorted, to the point that no one could tell which was which. Even Obelisk blinked his great red eyes, trying to make sense of the image before him.
 
“What sort of trick is this?” Yami called out, his eyes strained.
 
“No trick. All forms of the Twilight Swordsmen have the ability to release a Super Nova, blinding all around them and hiding my monsters. Select and attack…but chose wrong, and you will have my soldier to deal with, and his next form.”
 
Obelisk roared, driving his fist into one of the blurry figures…and Getsu Fuhma let out a weak gurgle as he shattered. However, no damage came. The image of Twilight Swordsman cleared, revealing him in defense.
 
Yami nodded. “You're Swordsman is impressive Geno…but his effect can not save him or you. You only have one turn before Obelisk attacks again, and wipes you out…unless you are willing to sacrifice your Twilight Soldier by putting it in defense.”
 
“No need for that!” Geno shouted, drawing his next card. “You see Pharaoh, in war, nothing is certain…nothing is set in stone. NO king can reign forever. No country will stand the test of time. I have watched the fall of giants, and the death of invincible monsters.” He held up two magic cards. “With these two cards, the reign of your god's dynasty will come crashing down! First, I play Monster Reborn, reviving my Getsu Fuhma. Next, I will activate the spell card, United Front!”
 
As Getsu Fuhma appeared on the field once more, he drew his sword and held it out, the twilight swordsman doing the same. Energy began to crack at where the blades met, sparks issuing off the metal.
 
“This card allows me to combined the powers of Getsu Fuhma and Twilight Swordsman into one grand attack.” He looked at Yami and let out a bone chilling laugh. “My two warriors, with the last of your strength, destroy Obelisk the Tormentor!”
 
The two warriors let out a battle cry, their swords glowing with white energy as they leapt up, lashing out at the great blue god. Obelisk cried out as his body was cleaved appear, shifting and tumbling to the ground, shattering. The warriors landed and with a sigh, shattered themselves.
 
“And that, my dear Pharaoh…is how you kill a god.”