Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Rise of the Marauder ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Flee, flee for your lives! The Marauder is upon us!'
 
-English Bandit, about Geno Roads, 1457 ad
 
 
Yami and all his friends could only stare in shock. Geno had done what none had ever done: Defeat an Egyptian God without the aid of another. He had defeated if with no loopholes, no faults of the god's own design. In a head to head battle of pure force…the Egyptian God had blinked.
 
`I underestimated him. I assumed that all his attitude and ego were merely a mask, hiding his on weakness. Turns out…he has earned the right to feel that way. He is as good as he believes himself to be.'
 
Yami looked at geno and gave him a nod. “When we began this duel, I thought little of your bragging, of your manners. I assumed you were like the hundreds of other duelists I faced. Now I see that you are much like your student, Seto. You back up your threats with power. I won't make the same mistake again. I summoned Zombrya the Dark, in attack mode, and end my turn.”
 
“What are you doing Yugi? Crush him!” Joey shouted once again.
 
“Whoever is closest to Mr. Wheeler…” geno said with a smile. “…slap him upside the head.”
 
“…OW!”
 
“Thank you Mr. Taylor.”
 
Joey whirled around, glaring at Tristan, the anime flames nearly visible behind him, the anime style fangs in his mouth. “WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!”
 
Tristan shook his head. “Because you need to be quiet befor eyou shout things out, because you're making yourself look stupid.”
 
“Look?” geno and Kaikou asked at the same time.
 
“HEY!”
 
“Tristan's right Joey.” Yami replied quietly. “You are forgetting everything you learned in the last year.”
 
“What is that suppose to mean?!”
 
“The effect!” Geno shouted. “You moron. Zombrya can only attack another monster. He can't attack directly! I would suggest the peanut gallery shut their mouths, unless sthey know what they are talking about, and let the duelists finish this match!”
 
“I'm a duelist too.” Joey grumbled, falling down in his chair and pouting.
 
Geno decided not to poke the poor puppy anymore, and turned to the duel at hand. He drew his next card and grinned. “Oh Pharaoh…you're world just got a whole lot worse. I play the magic card Reinforcements of the Army. This card allows me to select one warrior, level 4 or lower, and add it to my hands. And the monster I select is the one I am summoning: The Marauding Captain.”
 
Geno gave a slight shudder, and Yami watched as another figure seemed to glow around him. A figure with longer hair, but the same blonde tresses. Across his left eye, a faded scar from some long forgotten battle. Geno's clothing was enveloped in silver armor, the shoulder plates covered in small sharp spikes. Underneath it, dark black purple cloth covered his limbs. He wore a long silver cape, the inside blood red. Holding around his neck, a golden 4 point star. At his waist were two sheathed swords. From what could bee seen, one hilt was in the shape of a crown, the other thick wings.
 
The ghostly form walked forward, leaving Geno behind, and took solid form as the marauding Captain. Yet his face was the same as Geno's. The sae deep hazel eyes. The same strong chin. If the Marauder were 10 years younger, he could be Geno himself. If he were 10 years old, he could be his father.
 
Geno panted, physically drained. His head was down, his brow covered in seat, and his arms hung limp at his sides. He took in a deep jagged breath and looked up, but there was something missing. As if a piece of him had been taken away. He was different now, subtly.
 
“D…Geno!” kaikou called out, her eyes wide. “Are you ok?”
 
Geno gave a gently nod, running his fingers through his hair. “Yea…yea…” he took another breath. “Now, the Marauder has a special effect. When h is summoned, I can special summon another monster.”
 
“Yea, and it protects that monster.” Joey muttered.
 
“Correct.” Geno said, giving hima smile.
 
“Huh? You mena I am right?” Joey said, surprised by the comment.
 
“Even the slowest horse finishes the race.” Tristan muttered.
 
Tea frowned. “Be nice!”
 
“Anyway.” Geno said, slowly getting back his strength. “I select to summon the monster from ym hand…my second Marauder.” The first Marauder shivered as he split in two, both then nodding to each other and drawing their swords. “I end my turn.”
 
Yami gave him a curt nod and drew. “I will play the spell card Coins from heaven. This card allows each of us to discard our hands and draw 7 new cards. But, since we both lack hands, this earns us a new chance…and changes the game.”
 
“You are learning.” Geno commented. “It will be a shame to kill such a smart student.”
 
“Why do you wish to kill me Geno? What did I do to you to earn your rage?”
 
Geno frowned. “You took the most precious thing in my life from me. Your father did that…and he died for it. Pity it was not by my hand. Then you robbed me of my first and second chance…there will not be a 3rd.”
 
“You have allowed this hate to dwell in your heart…”
 
“for 5000 years.” Geno spat. “I have had only the memories of the love I had…before you're family stole it from me…to keep me going.” He paused, and glared at the Pharaoh. “Don't you feel pity for me.” He hissed, anger seeping off of his very flesh and bones. “Don't you ever feel pity for me. Now make you're move!”
 
Yami sighed. “What will you do when you finally get what you wish? When you want nothing more then destruction, what is there left after it? I will tell you, nothing. Nothing Geno.”
 
“I am counting on that.” Geno whispered.
 
Yami shook off his surprise and looked at his hand. “For this turn, I will use the magic card Tribute Doll, to sacrifice my Zombrya to summon Buster Blader!” Zombrya faded, as did a small wooden doll, and in their place stood the great blue armored dragon slayer, sword in hand. “And now, I will destroy your Marauders!”
 
“I don't think so, Pharaoh.” Geno replied, his Marauders blocking the attack with ease. “Maybe you forget my Marauder's special effect: When one is on the field, all other warriors are protected. And with two working together, you have no chance to bring an assault upon my lifepoints.” Buster Blader was shoved back by the two warriors, their swords gleaming in unison. “That is a lesson in war, Pharaoh. Know when to rely on your friends.”
 
“Like you have friends!” Tea called out. “IF you go about trying to kill everyone, I bet no one wants to be your pal!”
 
“Shut-up” Kaikou hissed.
 
“Who's side are you on?” Tristan demanded.
 
“There should be no side.” Kaikou said calmly. “We should be working together. But instead, we fight like children. It is shamefully on all our parts.”
 
While they had been talking, Yami had set two traps, ending his turn. Geno drew his next card and looked over the now 8 in his hand. “That is the danger in allowing yourself the advantage. Sometimes you giv eit to the opponent too.” He held up two cards. “First, I will summon a third and final Marauder to the field.” The second marauder shuddered, just as the first had done to create him, and split into another. “And I will use his effect to bring forth Twilight Soldier- Capricorn Knight.”
 
Once again, above the duelists, the ceiling seemed to rip appear, revealing the starry sky. They all watched a small group of stars began to glow brighter then the rest, flashing on and off, then pulling together in a mass of swirling energy. It slowly descended to the ground, transforming into the monster.
 
The Capricorn Knight was a great bipedal goat, standing taller then the Marauders, an forearm blade on each arm. His chest was hidden by silver armor, the Twilight Star upon the breast. Behind his, his long elegantfish tail swayed back and forth as he stomped a hoof, letting out a grumbling challenge. (Warrior, Level 4: 1700/1500)
 
“Next, I will activate this spell: The A. Force.” Around each of Geno's warriors, a strange purple aura appeared, radiating brightly. Each trembled and let out a war cry. “This card increases each warrior's attack 200 points for every warrior on the field. That means all my warriors gain a 800 boost! It isn't enough to take out your Buster Blader, but my next turn, I will add one more warrior and finish you off.” Geno set two cards and ended his turn. (Marauders:2000; Capricorn: 2500)
 
“Now you are the one assuming that the battle is over before it begins.” Yami said with a smirk.
 
“I tend to not follow the rules.” Geno replied.
 
“Neither do i.” yami stated. “I summon Skilled Dark magician, in attack mode.” With a crack of dark energy, the Young magician appeared, dressed in his blue and gray robes. He held out his staff, spinning it slightly, before getting into position. “Next, I activate the magic card Spell of Negative Enchantment.” Around the Skilled Dark Magician, an aura of strange twisting orange energy formed. “This card allows my Spellcaster to deactivate all of your monsters effects for one turn, leaving them all vulnerable to attack!” All of Geno's monsters glanced at each other, then turned back to Yami, waiting for the attack. “Buster Blader, attack the 3rd Marauding Captain!” Buster nodded, and with a leap, brought his blade down upon the 3rd Marauder's head, slicing him in two with a sickening flop of flesh. Yami ordered his Skilled Dark to do the same, and with a blast of Dark energy, sent the warrior flying, turning into dust as he hit the wall.
 
However, Geno smiled through all of this.
 
“What is he so happy about?” Tristan wondered. “is he that cold that he enjoys killing his monsters?”
 
Tea shook her head. “I don't think so Tristan…I think Geno has something up his sleeve.”
 
“A body and brains. I am more impressed Miss Garner. You are correct, though. Reveal Trap card: Twilight's Blessing.” Where his two monsters had stood, there appeared two glowing stars. “This card allows me to take the damage I would get, and increase my lp with it instead.”
 
“Well played.” Yami said, meaning it. (Geno-5300)
 
Geno gave him a mock salute. “Thank you, my Pharaoh. I am pleased my survival has please you so.”
 
“Why do you do that?”
 
“Do what? Mock you?” Geno smirked as he set a card on the field. “Honestly? It tickles me. I am that cold hearted.” He held upa card. “I activate The Warrior Returning Alive, to bring my 2nd Marauder back to my hand. Next, I will summon him to the field, along with a new monster: Exiled Forces!”