Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Lord of the Lightning War ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“And then he came to us, and upon his face were lightning, and in his wake were the fallen. And all warriors shivered, and droped their swords and spearsand shields, and they fell upon their knees and begged him to spare them. And lo, he spoke, and he said, `I am the Marauder.' And they said no, and said, `You are the Lord of the Lightning War.”
 
-A German legend, the `Lord of the Lightning War'
 
 
 
Next to the Marauders and the Twilight Warrior, there appeared a rowdy band of soldiers. Their armor was made of a mish mash of pieces taken from those they had slayen. Their weapons ranged from swords to spears to axes. They were a wild group of men, willing to die before surrendering, leaderless and free. The warriors banished for their tactics, their style.
 
`Who better to use them then a Banished Medji General?' Yami thought.
 
“Exiled Forces, I activate your effect. Sacrifice your lives to destroy Buster Blader!”
 
The warriors nodded, rushing the dragon slayer, who began to defend himself. His blade cleaved one warrior, only for a second to leap upon him and drive a dagger into his back. He howled, grabbing the little man and tossing him into the wal with a bone crunching thud. The third and fourth were already pushing him down, as the fifth stabbed him through his armor, all of them slowly descending into the ground.
 
“Well done Geno. However, I'm afraid I must stop you before your twilight warrior can attack. I activate my quick spell card, Mystical Space Typhoon, to destroy you're A. Force, and leaving your monsters vulnerable to attack.” Yami allowed himself to smirk as Geno ended his turn. “But that card also is the third magic card I have used, allowing me to sacrifice my Skilled Dark magician to summon the real thing!”
 
His friends cheered as the Dark magician appeared upon the field. Even Kaikou gave him a smile and clapped. “Well done Pharaoh.” She said with a grin. “An amazing move.”
 
“That it was.” Geno said. “I wait to see what else he has planned.”
 
“Do not get cocky Geno.”
 
Geno feigned hurt. “Who said I was being cocky?”
 
Yami glared at him. “I activate my trap card: Call of the Haunted, to revive my Buster Blader. Next, I will use this Polymerization card, to fuse my dark magician and Buster Blader into The Dark Paladin!”
 
Dark lightning struck Yami's side of the field as the black blue robed warrior magician appeared. He lifted his bladed staff, his armor giving off a magical aura of protection.
 
“Alright Yugi!” Tea shouted. “I knew you could do it!”
 
“What to go Yug!” Tristan and Joey both shouted.
 
“Well played Pharaoh!” Kaikou called out. “Stay on the ball though!”
 
Yami nodded, holding up two cards. “I can't attack you right now, but I can keep you from performing any spells. I have two cards here, two cards to block any spell card you may play. And I doubt you have anything in your deck to rival the power of the Dark Paladin!”
 
“Are you a betting man Pharaoh?” Geno asked, drawing his next card. “I am. In battle you must gamble. Maybe that's why I enjoy Vegas.” He activated his trap card, Call of the Haunted, bringing the Exiled Forces back to the field. “Do you know how I first got Roads INC?” He activated another trap, called Blinding Twilight, which sported the image of the Twilight Swordsman. “I won it from Seto Kaiba's Stepfather in a game of black jack. I had 19, he had 20. I had to hit, but it was a million to one shot.” The trap glowed, and the stars above the Dark Paladin circled and formed a great ring. “I got the 2. Twenty One.”
 
As he spoke these last words, the stars' light all pooled into the center of the circle. The Capricorn Knight let out a war cry and turned back into stars, jumping into the energy pool. It blasted down, striking the Dark Paladin who let out a painful cry. When the light faded, Yami could see steam pouring from his armor.
 
“What have you done?!” He shouted.
 
Geno shrugged. “The trap is called Blinding Twilight. It allows me to sacrifice one twilight monster from my field to remove an effect from one monster…namely, your Dark Paladin.”
 
“Good it will do yea!” Joey shouted, standing up and shaking his fist. “Yug's monster is still strong enough to kick all your mosnters' butts from here to the past! You ain't got nothin'!”
 
Tea looked over to Kaikou licking her lips, shifting nervously in her chair. She laid a hand on her shoulder and smiled. “You ok? I know you care about geno, but Yami is simply better…”
 
“You don't understand.” Kaikou said softly. She looked up at Geno, awareness and pride in her eyes alogn with the sadness. “I am the Pharaoh's friend. I do not agree with Geno's plans. But…”
 
“But what?”
 
“He's fallen into a trap.”
 
Geno began to laugh as he held up one card from his hands. “Pharaoh, I am glad you summoned yoru great servant to this battle. Long have I waited to crush him with my great servant!”
 
“What do you mean?” Yami called out. “What great servant?”
 
Geno smiled. “Kaikou…explain!”
 
“She doesn't have to do anything you say!” Tristan yelled. “I am tired of seeing Raia and Kaikou cower in fornt of you like dogs!” He stood up and rolle dup his sleeves. “I am going to show you how to treat a lady!” He made a move to the window, only for Kaikou to grab hima dn slam him back in his seat.
 
“I do not need your help!” She screamed. “Nor do I cower to him! I respect him, and he espects me!”
 
“What are you talking about! He bosses youa round.”
 
“Maybe if you'd let me talk for myself…” Kaikou growled. “Geno…explain it yourself. I am going to get some popcorn.”
 
Geno chuckled. “bring me some?”
 
“Get it yourself, you lazy bastard!” Raia shouted, taking control o. “And you aren't exactly helping Kaikou's case, you know that?”
 
“Oh, you're just pissed off that you were dragged away from your ice cream and Quantum Leap!”
 
“I am not!” Raia countered. “it was Whose Line.”
 
Geno's eyes grew wide. “Whose line was one? Damn it!” He looked at Yami, who,for the first time in a long time, appeared to be face faulting. “what?” Yami continued to stare at him and geno shrugged “I have a life outside plotting your death Pharaoh. Granted, it has only come about recently, but it is a life, none the less.”
 
Kaikou took back control and promptly smacked her head.
 
Tea looked at Geno, almost feeling t giant sweatdrop forming on her forehead. “Uh…great servant?”
 
Geno nodded. “Right.” He turned, and was instantly back in the duel. “You see Pharaoh, the Marauding Captain is my Ka, the other half of my soul and spirit. And like me, he has evolved through the ages, transforming and taking on new forms and roles. But his most powerful form is the one that I will use to destroy!” he held up a spell card. “I activate Fusion Dagger!”
 
The card flashed, and on the field, a golden dagger, much like the Millennium Dagger at Geno's side, appeared. He hovered, before slicing down and cutting a hole through space and time, sucking in The Marauding Captain and the Exiled Forces.
 
“Within the rift my dagger created, time moves forward beyond our grasp. The Marauder, exiled from his homeland, is found by a group of warriors that suffer the same fate. They see in him a king, a man that can lead them into battle and bring them honor. They bestow upon him new gifts and powers, and he transforms. No longer will he be the Marauder. Now, he is the Lord of the Lightning War. He is: THE BLITZKRIEG COMMANDER!”
 
The rift reopened, and from it a great battle horn bellowed, announcing the arrival of the Captain of the Exiled Forces. From that great cut in time and space there came a warrior, one of wandering an battle. Though his armor had faded in luster and his clothing torn, there was nothing ragged about him. Instead, he had the elegant look of a king wandering his kingdom, yet to accept the crown. Worn brown boots adorned his feet, and upon his chest was his dulled armor. The purple clothe that had once served to protect his skin from the insides of his armor now hung from his piece like a tunic. Shredded at the shoulders and mid thigh, they left his tanned arms and legs bare. His forearms were wrapped in white clothe, crossing over each other. In his right hand he held his reaminign broad sword, and in the other a gold and black shield. His cape had been maintained, the only item other them weapns that remained as it had when he had entered the rift. His face was covered in war paint, with red paint running up his nose and T-ing at his brow and other his eyebrows. His eyes were lifeless and white, under each one a dark silver triangle, the points dragging down to his cheeks. Upon each cheek there was a gold thunderbolt. His face was cold, calculating, as he scanned the field.
 
The group in the private box couldn't help by star in shock at the great commander as he spun his sword, inspecting it.
 
“What…is that?!” Joey shouted.
 
“That is Geno's greatest monster.” Kaikou said, touching a button to reveal a view screen. The machine whirled and began to show the monster's stats:
 
Blitzkriag Commander
Level: 8
Type: Earth
Atk: 2900
Def: 2500
Att: Warrior/Fusion/Effect
Exiled Forces + Marauding Captain
”This monster can only be special summoned by fusion summon. While on the field, no warriors other than this card can be attacked. Once per turn, tribute one warrior to destroy any monster on the field."
 
Tristan paled slightly. “You're kidding me.”
 
Kaikou shook her head. “I wish I was Tristan. I wish I was.”
 
Geno grinned, pressing a button on his duel disk. “It is time to say goodbye to your Paladin, Pharaoh. I sacrifice my Marauding Captain to activate my Commander's special effect. Blitzkrieg Commander: Hand of the Exiled!”
 
The Marauder looked over to the Blitzkrieg, who pointed at the Paladin and drew his finger along his own throat. Marauder nodded, then closed his eyes, and with a final wicked smile, charged, his blade raised as he tackled the Paladin, sending them both to the graveyard.
 
“And now, Blitzkrieg Commander, attack The Pharaoh directly!” The Commander let out a hearty laugh and raised his sword, running straight at Yami. He tried to shield himself, but the Blitzkrieg Commander was too fast. He brought his blade down at Yami's side, the duelist screaming in pain.
 
“It….it actually hurts.” He muttered, clutching his stmach. He knew there was no cut, he could feel that. Yet it still hurt so bad.
 
“Another add on I made, Pharaoh. The circuits in your duel disk are activating and telling your brian you had been injuried. Makes the fight much more…real, don'tcha agree?” (Yami-2800)
 
“That's going to fair!” tea shouted. “Dueling shouldn't be about hurting the other person! It's about proving yourself against your peers and using your cards to the fullest. It's about honor and the thrill…not about revenge and pain.”
 
Geno glanced at her and began to laugh, clutching his sides. “You really are too funny Miss Garner. I haven't laughed so hard in ages.”
 
“What is your problem?” Tea shouted.
 
“You and your damn misconceptions!” Geno roared, startling the teen. “This is a Sha-dow-game! Do you understand that girl? This game was designed to do everything you say is wrong and horrible. This was a game of souls and war, of pain and greed. And my dear girl…I was a master of those games. I was able to stand against the power of the pharaoh and his priests, when they wanted me to die. You may use this as a game, but never forget what it once was. You can use a guard dog as a house pet, but he will always be a guard dog.”
 
“Enough fo this!” Yami shouted, standing up straight. “Your logic is flawed Geno. You claim that this game started out as one thing, and despite what we do, it will always be that. But that is life, to evolve and change. Joey started out as a newbies, unable touse a magic card. Does that make him still a bad player?” Yami looked over to see Tea, Tristan and Kaikou all whistling and looking away from him. Geno was wearing a big grin as Yami bit his lip and Joey looked at his friends.
 
“What?” Joey asked. “Is something wrong?”
 
Yami shook his head. “You get the idea.” He drew his next card, ignoring the stares Geno was sending him. “I set this card and monster, and then activate the magic card, Fissure!” The ground in the arena began to rumble, but the Blitzkrieg Commander remained calm as the ground he was standing on began to rip apart below his feet, till he fell through the ground. “And with the fall of your greatest monster, I end my turn.”