Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Weapons of the Gods ❯ Dealings ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“You aren't the only person that can intimidate people, Kappa Neo.”
 
-Shima
 
 
“Remember class, I want you all to find one story that can be classified as a Mary Sue. We will be bringing them in and sharing them so we understand what not to include in a story. Class dismissed.”
 
Yugi grabbed his shoes, and after bowing to the instructor, made his way outside where Tristan, Tea and Joey were waiting.
 
“What took you so long Yug?” Joey questioned. “We have been waiting for 20 minutes.”
 
“ Joey…it's only been five.” Tea said quietly.
 
“Well…it felt like 20.” Joe stated. “Anyway, ya ready to get goin'? We need to get to Marrow before that creep Geno does.”
 
Yugi nodded, shifting his backpack. “Yea Joey, I am all set. I hid my duel disk in my bag, and I have my deck too. Are you ready?”
 
Joey grinned, holding up his deck. “All set Yug.”
 
“Then what are we waiting for?” Tristan said. “Let's get going before Joey has a panic attack.” The friends turned to go, heading for the school's gate….
 
“Stop right there Yugi Moto!”
 
The group froze, and slowly turned around to see Raia racing up to them, her long brown hair tumbling in the breeze. She was reaching into her pocket, taking out a scrunchie, while she held her backpack with her other hand. She had tied her pink school blazer around her waist, and tossed the hideous in her open bag.
 
Raia skidded to a stop in front of the teens, her face full of anger as she stared them down, flames dancing in her eyes. “Where do you 4 think you are off to?”
 
Yugi scratched his head. “Uh…to the mall..”
 
“Movies.” Tea said at the same time.
 
“McDonalds.” Joey said with a grin.
 
“Park.” Tristan answered.
 
Raia stared them all down. “…Riiiiiigggghhhhtt.” She walked around them, standing between them and the school gate. “You are going to a Mall, in a park, to watch a movie and eat burgers.”
 
“Uh…yea?” Joey ventured.
 
“God, my brother was right about you, dog boy.”
 
“DOG!” joey shouted, Tristan holding him back.
 
Raia merely flipped her hair over her shoulder and sniffed the air. “I suppose you guys thought you were going to take on Marrow without me, did you? Thought you could just continue this little adventure by yourselves, without the girl that not only got you the location of the first duelist, but the second as well? Did just assume I would be ok with that?”
 
Tea smiled sweetly. “We just figured that you would want to…”
 
“Be your tech girl?” Raia snapped. “Give you the info and let the boys do the dueling?” Raia leaned in close, her nose touching Tea's. “Don't make me sick.” She turned around and began to walk. “I am not a pretty face to sit and cheer. I am no one's whore-in-training. I am a duelist, and I am going to duel. So, you can either follow me to Marrow's place and we can get the next card, or you can still be closed minded little bigots and believe only men can play this game.”
 
Yugi looked at his friends and shrugged. “She has a point. Raia, wait up!” The rest of them stared at each other, then took off in a run, trying to catch up.
 
 
***
 
Marrow looked up from the fireplace at the two figures behind of him, taking them in carefully, scanning them, trying to decide what to make of his guests. They were both tall, taller than him (a lot of people were though, him being only 5'3), but these two made him feel like a child. One was covered in a long hooded robe, only his dark brown hands visible. Even his face was hidden beneath the cavernous material that made up his hood, but Marrow could sense something not quite human within there.
 
The woman wore similar garb, though she had pulled away her hood once she had entered the hut. Her hair was a shimmering blue, and Marrow could tell, with interest, that it was her natural color. She had a beautiful heart shaped face, with a small nose and deep brown eyes. Her mouth was small with nice lips, and upon each cheek she bore 2 red lightning bolts. At her side she wore a long whip, which she played with as she looked about the shack.
 
“Tell me….I'm sorry, I didn't catch your names.”
 
“I didn't give youthem.” The woman said
 
“Well…..you are correct in your statement. I do hold a Greek Weapon card, though how you know about it….”
 
“That doesn't matter.” The gentlemen said. His voice was deep and low, like the rumbling of distant thunder. “What does matter is the business at hand. My master desires the cards, and he wishes to trade with you.” The man pulled out 2 briefcases. Inside one was a collection of rare cards which, Marrow noted, worked perfectly for his deck's theme. The other held cash, lots of it. “The Mistress and I are to offer you this amount…”
 
“I will not sell my card, tell your master he can not buy them.”
 
The woman frowned. “You assume too much. My husband does not send us. I do this without his knowledge. I wish to secure him a gift, to ease his heart. Secondly, I do not wish to buy the card. I instead wish to buy the chance for my husband to duel you for the 3 cards.”
 
“3?” Marrow asked, sitting down in a rickety wooden chair. “I do not possess 3. I merely have one, as do all holders of the cards.”
 
The man shook his head, his hood shifting and Marrow catching a chance at great shining eyes. “For now you only have 1. But soon, a group of duelist will come looking for you, wanting your card. I would like you to duel one of them, and get from them 2 cards, the Crown of Zeus and the Bow of Apollo. Once you have, we request the right to battle you for the cards.”
 
“And why should I allow you too? For that matter, why should I battle these duelists? I am retired, and there is nothing that could bring me back to the world of dueling, be it jewels, cards, wealth or land…there is nothing I desire.”
 
“IS that so?” The woman asked, a smile gracing her stunning face. “What if I told you that one of the duelists knew your son.”
 
Marrow gulped, his eyes growing wide. “You…you lie. My son disappeared to go to a tournament.”
 
“Yes. But before that, he dueled a boy, and that boy defeated him and left him shamed. That defeat would lead to his disappearance. You know this, he told you about this before, about how he would never forget that duel. It haunted him, till he could not take it and went off to find this young man. He never found him, and disappeared. It was no accident…your son is gone. You have known for some time, haven't you Marrow? Your son hated that lose. It is what caused him to go to the next tournament. IT was there that he tried to bring glory back to your family, only he disappeared.”
 
She pulled out two cards and handed them to Marrow. He felt the edges, and stared at the pictures, feeling his blood chill. “My husband found them at the spot where your son last dueled. I offer these to you as a second payment. Beat the first duelist, the boy that drove your son to madness, the one that holds the two other Greek weapons card, and get them for us; and I will deliver the one that kidnapped him...”
 
Marrow looked at the woman carefully, then slammed his hand down on the table, breaking into bits. “I will destroy the duelist that did this to my boy! Joey Wheeler, I will make you pay for what you did to my boy!”
 
“Then it is a deal.” She said, walking towards the door. “There is but one other thing.”
 
“And that is?”
 
The man turned and glanced at Marrow. “We know well of your past…of how you react to loss. That is why you can't duel anymore, because of the restraining orders. Records say that is why your wife has left you…” Marrow stood up and moved towards the man, his anger driving hi to strike the fool that talked to him like that. As he went for the punch, the woman caught him and sent him to the floor.
 
“I warn you though: There are two girls with these duelist. They are to meet no harm from you. Should you touch one hair on either's head, I will make you join your son.” With that, she pulled out a golden dagger and slashed at the door, a massive rip appearing in the air. “And if you bring harm to the one with the heart, my husband will make you wish I was the one killing you.”
 
“Who are you too…” marrow grabbed onto the man's hood and torn it away, letting out a frightened cry. For the man was no man, for his head was that of a goat, with two long brown horns, his face long and a short gray beard hanging from his chin. A long fish tail snaked out from his robe and slammed Marrow into the wall.
 
“We are not ones you wish to make enemies.” The monster stated. “You will do as my mistress commands, or you will feel the fury of those that serve Lady Shima and her husband, whom we call Zodiac and whom you call Geno, the taiyoukais of the north.”
 
“enough Jock.” Shima said. “He is but a man…and they are to be given much leeway.” She stepped into the rift, and soon, both were gone.
 
***
 
“They just left.”
 
“Did they take the card?”
 
The man shook his head, then realizing that his superior couldn't see his action, pressed two fingers to the com piece that was attached to his ear. “That's a negative Beta. I think they want to get all three in one fell swoop.” He paused, shifting to get a better balance on the tree limb he was kneeling on. The last thing he needed was to fall while trying to talk to his boss. “Besides, I doubt Mrs. Roads would be able to convince Marrow to give up the card.”
 
“That's true…he is a stubborn man.”
 
“You don't have to tell me.” The man said. “I am the guy that dueled him, or did you forget?”
 
“Don't get cocky.” The voice stated.
 
The man frowned. “Fine…do you want me to move now?”
 
“No.” The woman on the other end of the com stated. “We got word from the guys in the BB center that Yugi Moto, Tristan Taylor, Joey Wheeler, Tea Garner and Raia Chitoshi are all on their way.”
 
“God bless Big Brother.”
 
“Quite. Let's see how well they do on Marrow, and you can interfere as you decide.”
 
“Carblanche? The man asked.
 
The woman gave him a sigh. “Yes Kevin….we give you carblanche; you are in charge, we don't question your decisions.”
 
“Thanks Beta.” The man called Kevin said, adjusting his sunglasses. “I'm out.”