Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Who am I? ❯ There’s No Place Like Home ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

AN: Sorry it took so long to get this out but had a bit of writers block and had a horrible day Tuesday. I actually ended up writing a one shot Anzu/Ryou fic because of it called "Your Heart in My Hands." I know a few of you read it and thank you for doing so. Anyway I think I finally got rid of the writers block and might write more this weekend. Also thanks to Darkfire75 for the spelling mistake ^^(). Please enjoy!

Disclaimer: I no own Yugioh, though I wish I owned two certain white haired bishies! I'll just have to settle for plushies for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Who Am I?"

Chapter 5: "There's No Place Like Home"

After that mornings incident the two boys had settled down but to keep the peace as the three sat down to watch TV Anzu sat in the middle. She really wanted to ask when she could go get her stuff but didn't want to invoke the wrath of cupid or some other demented god of love, who had created this triangle of confusion. She sighed as the clock struck one and she was still sitting in Bakura's cloths. She had totally blocked out any thoughts for either of the boys. 'I shouldn't be in this kind of situation, I mean I know I want Ryou-kun,' she thought he face heating as she diverted a look to the young man leaning on the left arm of the couch, his white hair framing his soft features, bored as he watched TV. 'But after last night and this morning,' she thought with a blush as she thought of some of the softer moments she'd had with Ryou's brother and looked over at said male leaning on the right arm of the couch, his wild hair sticking in every direction enhancing the roughness portrayed in his crimson orbs, remote clutched in his hand as he continued to flip through barely looking at what they were watching before flipping again.

She sighed catching the attention of the two but Ryou was the one to ask, "What's wrong Anzu?"

"Eh?" She hadn't realized she'd sighed out loud. "Oh nothing," she said rubbing the back of her head sweat-dropping. But he gave her a look that plainly said he didn't believe that. "Well…I was wondering when I could go to my house for some cloths?" They both now noticed she was in Bakura's night cloths.

"I guess we could go now, we're not doing anything and school won't be out for a few more hours so no one's going to stop by," said Ryou sitting up and planting his feet on the ground.

"You're not going anywhere, you're still sick. I'll take her," he said bristling.

Ryou smirked, very un-Ryou like and said, "Fine. But take her where?" Bakura thought this over for a minute before Ryou continued. "Oh you do know where she lives right?" Bakura frowned grumbling as he realized both he and the girl in question at this point didn't know where she lived. "You should probably change first Anzu, you can borrow some of my cloths," said Ryou again, blushing a bit at the last part of his sentence.

Anzu blushed nodding, "Thank you Ryou-kun, I appreciate it." Ryou smiled as the trio got off the couch and headed to the room shared by Ryou and Bakura. Ryou pulled out an extra pair of cargo pants and a belt since they were the smallest things he had (actually they were too small for him and so he'd never worn them), and a black T-Shirt that was a bit tight for him. He handed them to her pointing to the bathroom, shutting the door behind him so he and Bakuras could get dressed. (AN- Is it odd for guys to get dressed in the same room? I'm a woman and know it's not odd for us.) The tension in the air was there, they both felt it. But who would act on it first?

"What did you say to Anzu in the guest room," said Ryou finally breaking the tension.

"Nothing that concerns you," he said as he pulled off his night shirt revealing his naked chest (AN: ~Drool~). Ryou frowned annoyed and tried a different tactic.

"Why did you get so pissed when you saw me and Anzu," he asked as he took off his own night shirt (AN: Two white haired bishies shirtless ^^ ~Drool~).

"Who wouldn't get pissed seeing you trying to molest a girl who you're supposed to be taking care of?" Throwing on a pair of pants Bakura turned to pull on a stripped white and blue shirt (AN: I like that shirt).

"She could have pulled away, and why would her love life concern you," he said getting flustered as he pulled a white T-Shirt (AN: Not that stupid sweater he usually wears) over his head adjusting his pants turning to his darker half.

"Because she's vulnerable and-" he stopped himself turning away. 'Damnit it sounds like I care!' Ryou was about to push a bit more when he heard a knock on the door and opened it to reveal Anzu with the pants cuffed as they were a bit big for her and the belt was barely helping as the pants hung loose on her hips. But the dark shirt that was a bit small for Ryou seemed to fit Anzu's upper body quite well, but was a bit short showing some of her stomach. Both boys felt heat come to their face as they stared at the young woman who blushed under their heated gazes.

"So are we ready to go?"

They came to a halt at the bus stop to see when the next bus would be coming. Ryou was looking nervously around, hoping he wouldn't get caught outside of school. (AN - They are a bit strict with skipping in Japan). Anzu had a valid reason for being out, but if he said he was sick they'd be wondering why he was outside if he was sick.

"Baka, stop looking around like that you're only going to draw attention to yourself," said Bakura very irritated. Anzu was looking around taking in any and everything. Ryou finished reading the schedule.

"Looks like we're in luck, the next bus should be here in about 10 minutes. Ryou breathed into his fists as it was still very cold out for some reason. He shoved his hands back in his pockets and was hoping his nose wouldn't start running soon. The snow hadn't stayed on the ground when it snowed before. That was something to be thankful for. While the two boys stood there trying not to look cold, Anzu pulled her coat, well Bakura's coat he gave to her, tighter and stood up from the bench. It made her butt numb and she didn't want it to spread to her legs. She hugged the coat tighter looking over at the coat-less Bakura smiling. 'So cute,' she thought but knew she'd never actually say that to him. She was fascinated with the back of the bench, it was a strait line, it reminded her of something, something like a - a balance beam.* Her brows furrowed as she wondered how she knew about such an object. A flash in her mind and she saw a beam about three feet off the ground and someone walking across it. She stood on the bench and slowly climbed up until she was standing on the back of it. She stuck her arms out as she almost slipped and lost her balance. She gained her balance as the two boys turned around just in time to see Anzu teeter before gaining her balance and try walking across the very small wooden bar.

"What the hell are you doing," yelled Bakura.

"Balanced beam," she said simply before reaching the end and jumping down landing perfectly fine. "You're so not cute when you get pissed," she said thoughtfully and walked over to stand between him and Ryou. Bakura was sure his mouth was agape, 'What the fuck?!' Ryou was trying not to laugh at the whole scene. Bakura was thinking of some ways to 'help' Ryou keep quiet when the bus finally arrived.

They took seats in the back with Anzu leaning back against the cushion even though it wasn't all that soft. She watched out the window as they moved along the road heading to her house. 'I wonder where I live?' She looked over at Bakura who still had a confused and embarrassed look on his face. 'Hehe, maybe I should tell him he's cute more often if I'm going to get this reaction. Wonder what would happen if I told Ryou he was cute,' she wondered but was snapped out of her reverie when the bus stopped and Ryou stood to signal they had arrived at their destination. They followed him out to an almost empty street. Everything looked so familiar and she was getting a deep feeling of Déjà vu. 'Duh Anzu, you do live here.' She sweat-dropped at her own stupidity.

"Just about two blocks from here," Ryou said walking ahead of the other two. Anzu smiled her most innocent smile with an idea in her mind.

"You're so cute when you take control Ryou-kun, like a leader," she said and 'innocently' grabbed onto his right arm. Which resulted in a crimson faced Ryou and Bakura; Ryou because of embarrassment and Bakura who was fuming and trying to figure out how to pry her off his arm. She smiled, 'They're both so cute.' She felt her own blush crawl across her face as Ryou came to a halt in front of an apartment complex.

"S-should be on the 3rd floor," he said stuttering as he found out Anzu still wasn't going to let go of his arm as they made their way of the narrow stairs, causing them to squeeze together. 'Bakura is so going to kill me later,' thought Ryou and looked down at Anzu's happy face and the tinge of pink on her cheeks. He felt his own blush darken. 'But it's worth it.' They finally stopped in front of an apartment and much to a fuming Bakura's satisfaction Anzu let go of Ryou's arm.

"So how do we get in," she asked and the two boys fell over anime style.

"What do you mean, it's your apartment don't you have a key," yelled Bakura.

"But where would my key be?"

"Maybe in your…bag," Ryou said his voice dropping as he said the last word. "Ut-oh."

"Ut-oh what," Bakura said annoyed and sure he wasn't going to like what Ryou had to say.

"We both lost our bags," he said feeling very depressed now. "We both passed out at the accident site and no one said anything at the hospital, they were probably left in the streets." Anzu looked pretty disheartened too. She wasn't sure what was so important about the bag, but the fact she had lost something else made her feel worse, and now she didn't have her key to get into her own home. She felt her eyes starting to water but blinked them away as she heard a weird click and looked up to see Bakura holding the door open.

"I thought we needed a key," she asked.

"Thiefs-ugh," was all Ryou got out before Bakura hit him in the gut.

"I have talents," was all he said and shot Ryou a warning glance. The three entered the small apartment walking to her bedroom to get the items she needed. She had a strong feeling of familiarity as she opened her bedroom door and looked over the room. There was a bed right under the window, with a desk to the right of it, and a dresser to the left with a small mirror above it with pictures of her friends plastered all over it. She walked up and touched a few pictures feeling pangs of happiness even though she couldn't remember anyone in the pictures or what had been happening at the time. She just saw herself smiling in some of the pictures and felt happy. She turned to her small closet and opened it and a gym bag automatically fell to the floor with some other assorted things like a radio, CD player, skates, shoes, lots of shoes, and picked the bag up finding it qualified for carrying the cloths she needed. The two boys waited silently just inside the doorway until she opened her drawer and started going through lacy garments they were sure they shouldn't see.

"How about we meet you in the living room ok Anzu," said Ryou slightly nervous as she held up a pair of white lacy panties.

"Ok," she said with a smile and went back to rifling through her drawer. Ryou stepped out of the room when he noticed he was alone and turned to see Bakura still watching her in the room. He grabbed his arm and towed him into the living room even though he was sure to get punished for it as soon as they were out of Anzu's hearing range.

Anzu continued sorting through her undergarments picking a couple before she came across a small book in the top left corner. 'What's this?' She opened the front page and read the first line, 'Dear Diary.' 'OMG it's my diary!' Images flitted through her head as she remembered lying in bed at night curled up with this book writing her most intimate thoughts across the blank pages. 'These are all of my memories, everything that has happened to me.' She looked up at the date in the corner; her first entry was three years ago that was right before… "I made friends with Jounouchi and Honda when they stopped bullying Yugi," she gasped out loud as she remembered the incident like it was yesterday. She was about to put them book in her bag when a memory struck her.

"Don't remember me," he said in all seriousness. She looked confused and was about to say more but he cut her off. "Just forget about my past completely, that's how you can make me happy." With that he quickly leaned down and planted a soft kiss on her lips. The sensation was only for a moment, but she felt her heart skip a beat. But he pulled back and walked past her to the door, unlocking and exiting it without another word.

"Bakura." She slowly hid the book back in the corner of her dresser and finished packing.

AN: A little shorter than the last chapter but has a lot of fluff, since I got a request for more. Anyway please review and I hope you enjoyed!