Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Who Can you Trust? ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Pegsi-She doesn't own Yugioh. Just read and review.

CHAPTER THREE

Bakura didn't know where that had come from, but he wanted it to go back.

Bakura, thinking-Stay for lunch? What was that all about? All I want is for this lying bastard to leave this house and get hit by a car on his way home! Why didn't I just make him leave?

Yami-Are. . .are you sure?

Bakura-Yeah, why not? Might as well. Ryou doesn't want me to have any guests over, so if you stay at least I can break a couple rules while he's gone.

Bakura tried to flash an evil smile, but his true feelings were apparent in his eyes.

Yami-Actually, I ate just before I came. But thanks for the invite.

Bakura was relieved when Yami finally left the house. He got to thinking about what they thought was happening to Yugi. That perhaps he was going to become like Yami had been five thousand years ago. Just as Ryou was a lot like Bakura had been. Bakura hadn't always been ruthless and dangerous. He was just as sweet and loving as Ryou was. But all that changed when the Pharaoh ordered his village to be burned down. He witnessed his father's death, and saw his mother and older sisters burn alive. He'd turned to tomb robbing in order to survive. It became somewhat of an addiction and one day while stealing from the Pharaoh's temple, he'd been caught and sentenced to being trapped in the Ring. That's what had truly changed him.

He jumped as there was a knock on the door. He opened it and was surprised to see none other than Seto Kaiba.

Bakura-Kaiba? What are you doing here?

Kaiba-My business isn't with you, Bakura. I want to speak with your other half. Where is he?

Bakura-If you're supposed to be a CEO, aren't you supposed to be intelligent?

Kaiba-Don't play games with me, spirit.

Bakura-You know, I only take physical mortal form when Ryou isn't around.

Kaiba-then where is he? Shopping? At a friends? Tell me now.

Bakura-He's. . .why? Why do his whereabouts concern you?

Kaiba-*sigh* Okay, listen to me. I have. . .there's just something I need to speak with him about. It's very urgent. When he gets home tell him to call me.

Bakura-When he gets home?

Kaiba-Yes. Wait. . .why? How long will he be gone, exactly?

Bakura-A couple of months. What could he possibly help you with that I can't?

Kaiba-It's my little brother. I think he ran away from home.

Bakura-Why would he do that?

Kaiba-I don't know. But he's gotten fairly close to Ryou in the past few weeks, and I just thought. . .will you just give him the message?

Bakura-Yeah, whatever. Get lost now.

Kaiba-Hey. . .

Bakura-What?

Kaiba just pointed to a couple of dark bruises on his arm. Bakura'd put on a short sleeved shirt without noticing the bruises earlier.

Bakura-Oh. . .I. . .I just bumped into the doorway this morning.

Kaiba-. . .right. . .well, see you later then, spirit.

Bakura was, at this point, sick of himself. This had been two chances he'd had to tell someone about the previous night. To get help. Why wasn't he trying to get help? He knew why. He was supposed to be tough. To be strong.

He still felt him. Felt the Pharaoh all over him. He'd taken three showers and still had his scent all over him. He collapsed on the chair in the living room and stared at the blank tv. Just stared at it. He had so many different feelings and emotions at this point he couldn't even organize them. There was fear, and hatred, and sadness. . .he couldn't even recognize the rest. Suddenly, the mental and physical pain together were simply too much for him to handle. He became nauseous and spent the next half hour in the bathroom vomiting.

That evening, Bakura stayed in Ryou's bedroom. He went through his new deck of cards, did a bit of reading, a hobby he rarely shared with anyone considering he didn't want to be though of as the intellectual type, and he even watched a bit of tv. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. He cautiously opened the door. It was Yami again, and he had tears streaming down his cheeks.

Bakura-Yami?!

He had cuts on his face, bruises everywhere, and his hair looked like it hadn't been brushed in days. He'd been beaten.

<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*> ~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~<*>~< *>~<*>~<*>

Peggi-OH! CLIFFHANGER CLIFFHANGER! YAY ME I MADE A CLIFFHANGER!

Bakura-But you always make cliffhangers. . .

Peggi-Yeah yeah yeah. Well, don't forget to review.