Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Could be Better? ❯ Puzzle ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

By the time they made it to Kagomes home, Michiko was asleep on her bed, Hiei was sitting on the window ceil and Kurama was watching Rin go around the house trying to understand everything.
 
"Kurama, nani is that?" she askede, pointing at the T.V.
 
Kurama smiled as she picked up the remote and pressed all the buttons, finally pressing the power button.
 
The T.V. came on at top volume and, strangely enough a samurai was launching himself at the screen and made Rin scream and drop the remote.
 
"Aaarrgh!" Rin screamed and hid behind a laughing Kurama.
 
"Rin, it's ok." Kagome said, turning it back off.
 
"I've never understood that box." Inuyasha snorted.
 
"You probably never will either."
 
Everyone looked atthe stairs, Michiko was holding the railing for support. Hiei was glaring.
 
"Michiko! Your really shouldn't be up!" Kagome said, looking at Hiei, who met her gaze and didn't back down.
 
"Oh. Mom." she said walking down the stairs and sat on the couch.
 
"Kagome," Rin said, looking at the miko,"I remember, you used to walk around all the time!"
 
Kagome glared, then realized something.
 
"You made it! Here?!"
 
Rin smiled,"Hai!"
 
"Kaasan, don't be too surprised, I mean if idiots like Yusuke and Kuwabara made it through, then so can people like Rin." Michiko said, not bothering to look at them.
 
Kagome went to the couch and sat down, noticing Michiko was holding a red necklace with some sort of black gem in it.
 
"Nani is that?" she asked, looking at her daughter.
 
"Ummm." but before Michiko could properlyanswer, six people suddenly appeared in the room, five had landed on the floor and one came off her oar and happily said, " Hello."
 
"Botan?" Kagome said.
 
"Hai! And in company with Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Koenma, who you know, and sweet Yukina, along with Master Genkai!"
 
"So, it is true, Hiei has a mate." the one identified as Genkai remarked.
 
"Congragulations!"The one known as Yukina ran up to Hiei and hugged him with a big smile on her face.
 
"Why does shrimp get a hug!" Kuwabara muttered.
 
"Kazuma!" Yukina scowled.
 
"Kazuma?" Michiko askede with a smirk.
 
Kuwabara glared at her, which made Hiei glare at him.
 
Yukina didn't seem to notice, if she did she was ignoring them and said,"My name is Yukina!"
 
"Yukina, I'm Michiko!"
 
"Why are you here?" Kurama asked.
 
"I thought Yukina could help." Koenma said uneasily.
 
It didn't take Michiko long to figure out that Hiei was glaring at him.
 
"I wanted to see if it was true." Genkai said, smirking.
 
"Old hag." Yusuke muttered.
 
"Who does that sound like to you?" Michiko asked Kagome, who was trying not to smile.
 
"What's that suppose to mean?" Inuyasha growled.
 
"Nothing, Tousan."
 
Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other, Tousan? Since when did she call Inuyasha father, at least to him?
 
"So," Yukina asked, sitting next to Michiko."boy or girl?"
 
Suddenly all eyes were on Michiko, who answered slowly.
 
"Twins."
 
"Ohh." Yukinas eyes were wide, then said sadly,"I'm a twin."
 
"You...are?" Michiko asked, but couldn't help noticing the look on Hieis face when she said that. Pain..and..yet a softness. Michiko focused back on Yukina, who was telling her own story. She finished by crying, and to Michikos amazement, the tears turned into gems. 'Teargems!' She though suddenly looking at Hiei, who refused to look at her.
 
Michiko held Yukina and remembered what Hiei had said about the black gem, when he gave it to her.