Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What would you do? ❯ What would you do? ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

What would you do?
Prologue
By: Ldychaos
Co-authored by: Azriel Anarick
&
Seth Haruta
 
Disclaimer: Due to unfortunate monetary circumstances, I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho
 
`I have to find somewhere to hide.' She ran through the woods, looking for shelter.
 
“Momma, I'm scared,” he said gripping his mother's kimono tighter.
 
“Hush, it will be alright. I won't let him hurt you.” Her arms tightened around her son.
 
She spotted some caves up ahead. Making a mad rush to the caves, she climbed, stumbled, and climbed some more. She was desperate to reach the safety of the cave. Her body could not run anymore. She spent most of her physical energy in the battle.
 
`Finally, we made it.' She scanned the area with her senses; nothing was detected within. The broken jewel hanging around her neck lit the tunnel; she walked into the dark recesses of the cave, clutching her kit to her. `I hope he doesn't find us. It wasn't supposed to be this way. We were supposed to defeat him and live out our lives and find happiness. In stead they are all dead, and we are the only ones left.'
 
She reached the end of the cave. Leaning against the wall, she listened for any sounds of pursuit. She felt so tired; she could barely stand. `Just a little longer, I have to last a little longer. I can't leave him alone.'
 
A creepy crawling sensation tingled down her spin. `No, it can't be.' She clutched her kit closer. “Baby, listen to me.”
 
He looked up at her with a worried expression, “Yes, momma?”
 
“I'm going to set you down next to me alright?” He nodded. “I want you to get some sleep.” She was holding on to her smile, so her son wouldn't worry about what she had to do.
 
“Are you sure momma? Is it safe?”
 
“Oh course baby.” She placed her hand on his head, she chanted under her breath. Her kit's eyes started to droop. When he fell asleep, she placed him on the floor and covered him with her sweater. “I love you, always remember that,” she whispered. She placed a kiss on his head and walked towards the entrance of the cave.
 
She was half way there when she heard laughter. “Hahahaha, so the little miko thought she could escape, did she?”
 
He stepped closer to her coming into range of the light illuminated by the jewel. She stood her ground; she prayed to the deities above her for the safety of her child. `Please Kami; give me the strength to protect him. He deserves a chance at life.'
 
“I wonder how loud you would scream, while I torture the kit in front of you…”
 
“You will not lay a hand on my son.”
 
“Don't worry priestess; I'll take good care of him and you as well.”
 
A tentacle shot out and struck her through her stomach. Her eyes widen in shock. He pulled the tentacle out; she held her hands to the hole in her stomach. She coughed up blood, and dropped to her knees, she gazed up at him.
 
“Now be a good miko and die.” He reached for the jewel hanging around her neck. Her eyes hardened with determination.
 
“No, I won't let you win.” She gathered her remaining energy around her, thrusting her hands out she shot an unsurpassed amount of purifying energy towards him. He was unprepared for this attack, over confidant that he had defeated her.
 
“NO!!!” His body started to disintegrate before his very eyes. “Don't think you've defeated me miko!” He started to withdraw from the confrontation with the miko.
 
“You won't escape this time.” She thrust her hand through his chest to the jewel only she could see. Purifying his skin as her hand went threw him grasping the jewel.
 
“AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!” He withdrew what was left of body. “This isn't the end; I will return and seek my revenge.”
 
She felt his aura withdraw completely from the area. She fell forward onto her hands, coughing up more blood. She crawled back to her son.
 
“I'm sorry baby. I can't keep my promise of seeing you grow up. Please Kami, let this be the end let him grow up and have a family. Let this cursed jewel cease to exist with my death.” The portion of the jewel in her hand fell rolling to her son.
 
A light shimmered to the left of the dying mother and sleeping child. “My child, what has become of thee?”
 
“A-Am-Amaterasu, you answered my call?” She tried to rise to her knees, to bow to the mighty goddess before her.
 
“No my child, do not move. It is all right. I can see you are injured.”
 
“Please help my son.” She implored to the merciful goddess.
 
“It was not meant to be this way, my child. Izanagi himself blessed you at your birth. I cannot change the past, but I can help grant your wish and help to rectify what has happened.” She closed her eyes and held her hands over the dying woman.
 
“Miko pure and bright
Faithful immortal soul
Compassionate heart
Of mortal flesh and blood
This wish I grant you.
 
“Mortal flesh sleep in stone
Earth bound shall this spirit stay
Empowered with your desire to protect
 
“Protector and mother shall you be
Remain within these premises
Guard well this child of your heart
 
“Sleeping flesh will wake 500 years hence
On the raising of the blood moon
Only one will pass your tests
 
“Awaken your body he shall
Two immortal souls bound as one
Together shall you triumph.”
 
Light shimmered throughout the cave. The goddess was gone.
 
The only things left were a kitsune child sleeping on an alter, holding half a glowing jewel in his hand. Next to the child was a statute of a miko. She was kneeling next to the child, watching over him with an expression of love and intense sorrow. Around her neck was the other half of the jewel, encased in stone. Her hands were held out, palms up.
 
A silver tear ran down the miko's cheek. The tear turned into a silver crystal with chain, it landed in her palms. Only the one meant to release her would be able to touch this gift of love.
 
Author's notes:
 
I wish to thank all of you for your patience. I ask that you please be patient for just a little longer. The next chapter is almost complete. As you can see I now have two co-authors. I can write the story but I needed help with the fight scenes and who better to ask than two role-players. The next chapter is now in my beta's hands as soon as she's done with it, it will be posted for your reading pleasure.