Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When the Years Flew By ❯ Not On My Worst Enemy ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Not on my Worst Enemy

Hiei gazed at the woman in his arms as slowly he began to realize that she was indeed telling the truth. Her heart rate was heightened and when he peeked in her mind he wished he hadn't. For even though Tatoni was telepathic as well as empathic, she allowed her deepest friend to peer inside her elaborate and intricate puzzle that was her mind. She had never shown anyone else the caverns of her mind, but for Hiei , she would.

Flashes came in to his head with blinding speed and rapid flows.

A small blond/white haired child crying by a tree, gems scattered all around.

Claw markings.

Blood. Lightening a distant roar.

A frightened kitsune woman running.

A wolf in pursuit.

The Sea. Crashing waves.

Then the woman appeared again, this time over the roaring edge, depression and suicide written on her face.

A small bundle, crying.

Then there was nothingness, a white abyss.

The next visions came as fast as before if not faster.

A haughty looking dog child with pink markings.

A kitsune girl of a young age, laughing dubiously at him.

Older. Long flowing hair.

White hair, and more blood.

A flash of monsters.

Blood mixed with golden hair.

Then the girl again, older now.

Then the white haired boy.

Together.

A warm embrace.

Blood on the front of her shirt, silent tears.

Enveloping arms, pink markings seen once before circling the girl, comfortingly.

Next lust, unbridled passion.

Bite mark.

Then came the boy.

White hair again.

Canine ears.

Adoring face.

Loving embrace.

Jealous eyes.

The girl, surrounded…no way out….

Hiei flew back, with the sheer force of the feelings that came from the following visions, from Shimura. His mind was reeling and he was panting heavily, and his body shaking.

If she didn't do something, he would go into a comma; it was too much for him. She reached forward and her slim hand went to his forehead instantly, relieving him.

Now they were only distant and vague pictures that took concentration to bring to mind.

Shimura sighed. She had been stupid to think that he could handle it, none ever could. But he deserved the chance…

"Shimura…speak the story to me. I was'nt strong enough.", he whispered hoarsely.

She nodded and began to sort herself out to regain her countenance. He had not noticed it but she was shuddering as well, it took a toll on her to open her mind to those things again.

"Hiei.. Do you recall the ancient feud between the Kitsunes and Wolves of long ago?" she said hesitantly.

Hiei had indeed remembered hearing a fairytale on how the Wolves and Kitsunes of feudal Japan were at war. Although it was before his time he had a distant conception of it.

"She was a kitsune, and he a lowly wolf, but once bitter enemies, now pulled together by primal mating lust.", she began, shakily.

"A child was conceived…me . My mother ridden with guilt shame, and an unconceivable suicidal depression, saw the Sea as an opportunity to rid herself of me, and still being a mother… herself as well."

At this time Hiei was surveying her with a mix of feelings, he was holding her, perhaps more for his comfort, or perhaps for hers. His eyes flickering as he began to comprehend it all…

"In a last desperate moment, I was saved. Not because of any residing affection her clan had for me, but because they intended to use me as an emblem. A warning to all those who decided to breed out of their race. Kill me they did not. But perhaps something worse…they sold me to humans.

Hiei's head jerked up in horror as he heard those words "Sell", "humans". To do that…they must have absolutely loathed her. To be marked a half-breed back then, was unthinkable.

"I received these as well..", she said deftly pulling her shirt to show claw marks. Claw marks from the vision. Upon her back they existed, looking like they hurt at one time.

He would have asked if she did them, because he knew the answer to that. This was her way of remembrance. He could recall the vision.

See the blood dripping from her little claws as she raked them down her back, and grunted in agony. She was young and she was doing this hoping…wishing her disgrace and humiliation would go away. For she was a forbidden child.

"The point Hiei, is that I wanted to show you that it could be worse, and you will grow and be all the better for it…" she said, as wisdom poured out of her.

In that moment, she looked her 700 some odd year age. Not in her body, but in her eyes. Her honey brown eyes seeped ripened insight and virtue. What he saw he could not wish on his worst enemy.

In that moment, Hiei understood. In that moment he had found his soul mate. In that moment, he realized that what he had seen and heard was her horrifying past.

It was like a quivering and soft murmur in his mind that echoed quietly. Those images where her past….

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I do not own Yu Yu hakusho, or anything in relation. Except Shimura.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions"- Don't know who said it but it's not mine.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So Obeah, (and the rest of you what do you think?) Different then the notebooks I know but better? I know your e-mail is messed up so I wanted to ask you.

R&R- Thank You!