Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Words Can't Describe ❯ When Friends Are Made ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Hello there! After reading many crossover stories I have finally decided to ‘give it a go’. Reviews and flames will both be accepted, but please try to be constructive in your criticism. Also, if you guess the two other people who are involved in the main pairing besides Kagome, I’ll dedicate the next chapter to you.

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or Yu Yu Hakusho. The only things I gain out of this fanfiction are pride and satisfaction, maybe a few fantasies. No money is gained and no infringement upon any Copyright Laws are intended.

When Friends Are Made


On a quiet street on the edge of town, there was a red brick building with sparkling bay windows. Above the double oak doors were faded white letters that proudly proclaimed the brick building as a public library. There was nothing truly interesting about the building, at least nothing that was worth the glances that seemed to be directed its way. No, the real interest was the raven-haired girl that was seated next to it underneath a towering maple tree. The girl gazed through the gently swaying branches, catching an occasional glimpse of a fluffy white cloud floating lazily by when the branches moved just so.

She smiled softly, her river-stone eyes lightening to a pale blue as an image flashed across her mind. ‘Oh Inuyasha,’ she thought, ‘today reminds me of the day when I first saw you. I hope you are finally happy now that you are mated with her.’

Her thoughts were cut short, however, when a voice disrupted the peaceful silence. “Kagome, the children have finally picked out a story for you to read.” Kagome turned around to meet the leaf green eyes of her friend and co-worker, Sunai. Kagome’s surprise-darkened gray eyes locked with her friend’s blankly before understanding came rushing in. “Oh! Thank you Sunai for telling me.” Giving the sky one last glance, Kagome stood up and followed her strawberry blond friend through the oaken doors.


~~Later on that Afternoon~~


On her way home from work, Kagome gazed around the forested area before settling her sights on a temple at the top of an exhausting flight of steps. Smiling happily, she trotted up the stairs with an ease that would leave some cross-country runners in shame. As she reached the top, not the least bit winded, she walked straight through the open door without even slowing down. Spotting a familiar sea-green head, she grinned. Carefully, she crept up to the busy Yukina and whispered into the Koorime’s ear, “Hello there.”

Spinning around, Yukina blushed slightly from the proximity of a body so close to her own before she realized who it was. “Ka-Kagome, you’re home early!” Secretly Yukina was pleased, she so dearly loved her friend and was glad they would have more time to talk with each other.

It was one year ago when Yukina had first seen Kagome; the 17-year-old had been on her way to the library to the study for her GED. The first week they had just smiled at each other in passing, occasionally waving shyly. As the days went by Yukina began to look forward to seeing the raven-haired girl. Whenever she saw that it was nearing the time for Kagome to walk by her stomach would flutter a little. After all, she told herself, she didn’t get to see many new people so each one counted. She eventually gathered enough courage to meet Kagome at the bottom of the steps, where they ended up talking to each other as if they had been friends for years. When Kagome had left, Yukina was left with a feeling that was a mixture of contentment and happiness, it was as if she had crossed an invisible marker. She smiled softly before going back inside to prepare lunch for Genkai and herself, seeing as it was already noon. Later she reasoned the feeling was because of the fact that she had overcame her shyness, even if it was for a short length of time. And if truth were to be told, she couldn’t have been happier.



Ja ne! ^.^