Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Will Of The Jewel ❯ The Battle Before Last ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Will Of The Jewel
Chapter IX
The Battle Before Last
 
Summary: Souta has new friends and is being trained in his spirit powers by his sister when she's home. What happens when they meet? What are these dreams that some of them have been having? What does the jewel have to do with anything? Why is it trying to bring certain people together with it's guardian?
 
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Inuyasha or YuYu Hakusho. I wish I did, but sadly... I don't. I make NO money from the stories. I merely write them for my own enjoyment (and to see if anyone will actually read them).
 
Let's talk telepathy
//Hiei//
\\Kurama\\
\\Youko\\
((Someone else))
 
--
 
Night had long since fallen, and still the red clad hanyou was not back yet. He had disappeared a few hours ago and told the group to continue on without him. They did so, none of them really missing his presence. If anything, it was a relief to not have him there. Perhaps he would stay away for a while longer.
 
Kagome sighed as she relaxed into the hot spring. It felt nice to be relaxing as she was. She'd have to do so more often. A rustling noise drew her from her thoughts and her head snapped up to see what the disturbance was. Apparently, Yusuke decided that he also wanted a bath. His eyes widened as he took in the sight of her. Kagome almost rolled her eyes at his gaping expression. "Come here for a bath?"
 
"Ah... yeah." Yusuke said as he rubbed the back of his head.
 
"Then get in."
 
"But you're..."
 
"Don't worry about it, just get in."
 
"Alright." He said as he easily pulled his clothing off and slipped into the warm waters. Noticing how relaxed she seemed to be with him joining her, he decided to comment on it. Her response was that after everything that had already happened with the other guys, why she should care if he saw her unclothed when it would probably happen soon anyways. That had him smirking. "You're expecting me to take you?"
 
"You're a male whom is being drawn to me by the powers of the Shikon no Tama, at some point your resistance will end and you will come for me." The woman said with a bit of a resigned edge to her voice.
 
"You've already resigned yourself to this?"
 
"The jewel is already proving that there is no point in resisting it, so I must resign myself to the fact that I will have three mates."
 
"So you're just going to wait for us to mate with you?"
 
"I'm prepared for it." The young woman responded with a nod.
 
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
"How was your bath?" Sango questioned as she looked suggestively at the hanyou from her friend's time.
 
The miko merely shook her head and sent a suggestive look toward the monk who was watching the fire. "How was your time camp sitting?"
 
The slayer blushed darkly as her eyes found the ground. "Nothing like that happened between us Kagome."
 
"And nothing happened between Yusuke and I." The miko stated with a small smile. "We merely bathed at the same time within the same spring, nothing more."
 
"He didn't try anything?"
 
"Nope, he was practically a gentleman."
 
"He was?"
 
"Of course." Kagome stated as she sent a look at the hanyou. "He's been rather nice to me the entire time that I've known him."
 
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
"Where are we heading, Kagome-sama?" Miroku questioned as he looked over at the young miko who walked beside him.
 
"We're heading for the western palace to check on Sesshoumaru's affairs. We're also going to see if there's any news about Naraku and his whereabouts."
 
The monk nodded, his mind occupied with thought at that announcement. His mind strayed to the wind tunnel which lay within the palm of his right hand. The hole was steadily growing larger more quickly as of late, and he could feel as his flesh widened around it. While his thoughts weren't pleasant, they were something that he really needed to think on. His life was slowly coming to an end, and his wish to have a life with Sango would end with it. That prospect was worse to him than simply losing his life prematurely.
 
Towards the back of the group, Sango was found speaking with Botan whom she had quickly become friends with. "Is there any one that you like from your time?"
 
The ferry girl blushed slightly but gave a nod to the question. "Hai, but he's my boss."
 
"Your boss?" Sango questioned as her eyes took on a hint of curiosity. "So you work for him?"
 
"Hai, he is the prince of the Spirit World."
 
"The son of King Enma?" Sango questioned in surprise. "I hadn't thought he was… never mind. I forgot about the time difference." A small laugh sounded from her as she shook her head.
 
"What is it?"
 
"I've met Enma once, and I heard his son was still a baby is all. I forgot that you are from five hundred years into the future."
 
"You've met King Enma?" Botan questioned with widened eyes.
 
"Hai, he came to speak with us once. Kagome bowed deeply to him and greeted him with respect, so Miroku and I followed suit. Inuyasha, being his usual self, was callous with his words. Why?"
 
"King Enma rarely leaves the Reikai is all."
 
"He came because of the matter with Naraku." Here the slayer paused a moment as her eyes deeply saddened. "Kagome was severely hurt, so how she managed to stand and bow is beyond me. Her wounds though, we weren't really able to do much for her. Enma though, he easily healed her with a wave of his hand."
 
"He came to heal Kagome?" The blue haired young woman questioned as she looked to the dark haired woman in front of her.
 
"Yes, but she's the protector of the Shikon. Kagome is now the only one who can maintain the jewel's purity. That was the last battle we had with Naraku before the one where she managed to steal a fragment of the jewel from him."
 
"What happened in that battle?"
 
"Which one?"
 
"The one before she stole the shards."
 
"Simple, she was his target." The slayer replied with sadness in her voice. "We were fighting off his army of low class demons when he struck at her and Shippo. Shippo normally stayed back with her as she fired off her hama no ya at the enemy. Well, he got in the way otherwise she may not have been as injured as she was. He knows this." She commented as her sad eyes moved to the seemingly happy kit. "I've found him training every night before dinner, off by himself. He wants to become stronger so she doesn't have to worry about protecting him anymore."
 
"What happened?"
 
"Naraku couldn't hit her, so he targeted Shippo. His kitsune magic wasn't able to help him, and Kagome knew he wouldn't make it if he was hit. She moved fast, quicker than even I think Inuyasha could move. The next thing we all knew was that she had a tentacle through her stomach and blood seeped from the corners of her mouth. But still she smiled even as miasma pooled into her wound. Everything seemed frozen until Shippo screamed in fright and grabbed hold of her. That sent us all into motion as Miroku jolted forward and destroyed the appendage that was stabbed into her, causing it to disintegrate. Inuyasha growled and cursed as he began unleashing the windscar at anything near him, and I ran to Kagome in hopes of helping her."
 
"That sounds terrible." Botan commented as she looked sadly at the slayer before her eyes quickly flicked to the young miko then back.
 
"It was. I could feel the blood flow onto my hands as I held her and Naraku was driven away. I wish I could forget that moment, but it always comes to mind when I think of her fighting against that foul hanyou again."
 
Neither female noticed that four certain boys had overheard their conversation and were now looking to the seemingly happy miko who walked beside the monk. Each of them saw the woman in a different light as they thought of what she had done. Kuwabara looked to the three men nearest him and asked "why do you think she was smiling?"
 
"Shippo." Yusuke stated. At the still curious look he garnered from his friend, he explained a little more. "Shippo's her son, so she was happy that she managed to save him."
 
"You seem to know her quite well in order to make that assumption." Kurama commented as he looked at the mazoku.
 
"I've talked with her a bit." He replied as he looked at the kistune.
 
/\
//\\
//--\\
\\--//
\\//
\/
 
"Sesshoumaru-sama, are we going back to the palace?" Rin questioned as she looked up at him from her playing. Both she and Shippo were riding Au Un as the adults all walked.
 
The demon lord merely gave a nod of his head, and the young girl smiled and returned to her playing. A soft voice giggled behind him and he turned slightly to see the miko looking at him. "Can't you even give her a verbal answer?"
 
"Unlike you miko, she does not need such."
 
"Are you implying something?" She asked with a slight pout while looking at him.
 
The demon lord smirked as he looked at her, then a chuckle escaped him. "Perhaps I am."
 
The miko's eyes widened as she looked into Sesshoumaru's suddenly dark golden eyes. With a squeak, she disappeared to the back of the group causing Miroku to come out of his stupor and laugh at the young woman. Even Sango couldn't help but giggle at her antics, while the others were left curious about what had happened.
 
----
 
I know I haven't updated in a while, and I'm sorry. I hope to get updates out sooner, once a month at least! And I'd like to thank my fans who are still reading and waiting for updates.
 
P.S. My boyfriend thinks that I actually need to write an actual book that's kind of like this, but with original characters. What do you guys think?
 
 
(Review responses from Fanfiction . net)
 
SesshoumaruKougaNarakuFanGirl (I'm glad you enjoyed it.)
 
Lovelywitch (Sorry, the last chapter was rather rushed. I had a lot going on but felt that I needed to update it.)
 
Alternative Angel (Yusuke's actually going to take his time in this one, because he has recently been hurt by Keiko.)
 
Silver Moon Vampire (Sorry, here it is.)
 
Music ADD (Neither can I. I have a new man, and he wanted to take me that much… ((licks lips)) He's really a tasty morsel lol.)
 
tina123 (I'll try to.)
 
OoOlady heatherOoO (If I get my claws into something worthy and special, I wouldn't share either. So I'll have to add a little something in the next chapter.)
 
KagHieiLuver (There's a reason for his intelligence.)
 
ILoveAnime89 (I'll try to have the next update sooner than this one took.)
 
Reads-way-2-much (It does, and I'm sorry I took so long. Hopefully the next one will be out a lot sooner.)
 
WhiteDemoness11 (It might hit them a little sooner than expected.)
 
kyekye (Here's some more!)
 
zoey tamagachi (Here's an update.)
 
Funabisenu (Sorry it took so long for the update, but I'm glad you like it.)
 
kawaii-girl-anime (Well here it is, and sorry that you had to wait.)
 
43InuAsha (Here it is.)
 
IchikoKitsuneKoumori (I know, but it's just a story.)
 
fluffykogome (Here's an update.)
 
Lily887787 (You'll have to wait and see on the mating thing lol.)
 
lai lai (You'll have to wait and see ;-) lol.)
 
Kage Hasu (Here it is.)