Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon A Fallen Star ❯ An Introduction to the Enemy ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 4: An Introduction to the Enemy

It had been a week since the fight against Kuronue. A week since the Reikai Tantei had been laden with the two Shinigami who were awaiting them at Genkai's temple. The four team mates had started to enjoy having the pair around, even though the pair were different from Botan. They were more serious, and even in Tsuzuki's goofiness, they saw hints of a deep sorrow locked inside his heart. However, much to the annoyance of both Yusuke and Hiei, the Shinigami started teasing them about looking like a cute couple. This slightly upset Yusuke, considering that he was Keiko's boyfriend, and was only Hiei's friend, not his lover. Seeing Yusuke upset angered the youkai, who wanted to bring the two Shinigami to their second death, only to be held back by the man of his dreams. Kurama had noted that only Yusuke seemed to be able to stop Hiei's anger against the Shinigami, and that since they had become team mates, Hiei had always looked out for Yusuke, saving his ass when he was in trouble. Kuwabara, of course, was oblivious to everything that happened around him.

Walking in silence, suddenly both Kurama and Hiei stopped in their tracks. Then before further ado Hiei pounced onto Yusuke, the force knocking the taller detective off of his feet. Before Yusuke could react, a knife embedded itself in the ground where Yusuke had been standing. Hiei found himself in a very comfortable position indeed, however he knew how Yusuke would react, especially as Hiei's hips were between his legs. Then Hiei twisted them both over as a second knife embedded in the ground. Yusuke found himself atop Hiei, and where he was extremely comfortable, until he realised that he was astride Hiei's hips and that the youkai's face was relaxes, his mouth partly open, revealing two fangs and a slight blush. Quickly Yusuke got off the smaller demon and looked in the direction that the knives were thrown from and from the direction a man dressed in white appeared. His right eye was covered by some of his silvery hair. Keeping his eye on the man, Yusuke offered his hand to his grounded friend to give him a hand up. "Your Jaganshi is quite talented." He said. "Although I would have expected a Toushin to have been more alert than you were, Yusuke Urameshi." The group stared at him. How did he know about them. "It took a lot of studying to really find out that single discrepancy in your DNA and even longer to find the demonic DNA that matched." He looked over the others. "Shuichi Minamino, playing host to a fox spirit named Youko Kurama, an expert in plants if I remember correctly. Also with a single weakness." He threw an item to Kurama, who immediately recognised it as belonging to Kuronue.

"Where did you get this?" He asked, Youko Kurama snarled as he manifested himself, sending signals to the trees surrounding them.

"I wouldn't if I were you. If anything happens to me and if I died, Kuronue dies with me." The stranger said. "I am Kazutaka Muraki. The pleasure is all mine." Muraki smiled. "I am sure that we will meet again, but please give my regards to Hisoka Kurosaki and Asato Tsuzuki. I am sure that they would like to know that I am well." The man turned his back on the group. "Remember, only part of my soul keeps Kuronue breathing, keeps Kuronue's heart beating. Keeps him alive." Then he disappeared back into the forest. Kurama made to go after him, but Hiei stopped him.

"We don't know what he can do. He knows that we cannot kill him without killing your old friend. He knows that if we tried that you would stop us, but also that Kuronue is your weakest link. Don't act like the rest of us now and run in without considering the consequences. He mustn't get his hands on you too. All he would need to do is kill you and bring you back like he has already done with Kuronue and we have lost one of our strongest fighters." Kurama sighed and nodded, tying the pendant around his neck. "You're right, Hiei." He said as Hiei released him. "Lets find out what Asato and Hisoka know about this maniac. He obviously knew them." The others agreed and hurried onto the temple.

Bursting through the door Youko Kurama grabbed Tsuzuki and threw him against the wall. "What do you know about Kazutaka Muraki?" He snarled. Tsuzuki's eyes opened wide partly in fear. "Out with it." Hisoka pulled Kurama away.

"I'll answer you. Kazutaka Muraki is a murderer and a user of dark sorceries. He knows curses that forces others under his control. He kills without mercy, not only kills but scars mentally and physically those that survive." The boy said quietly. "He is the very reason that I became a Shinigami." Kurama looked at the boy. "If you will all sit, I will tell you the tale of my death."

Once everyone sat Hisoka looked uncomfortable with all the eyes on him, however he removed his shirt. Bright red lines glowed all over his torso, the curse that had killed him and kept him in Muraki's enchantment. "At the age of thirteen I was unfortunate enough to witness one of Muraki's murders. Because I had done so, I was raped and killed, however it took three years for me to die. This curse that I bear is the cause of my death. From what I know its Muraki's blood on my body, sealed there somehow. Whenever he wants me to, I become immobile and unresponsive, although I am aware of everything around me. I have been used as bait for Tsuzuki before." The boy said. "Muraki is the source of many murders. The vampire cases in Nagasaki and the murders of young women that lost locks of hair in Kyoto among them. He is pure evil, and one not to be trusted."

"You're forgetting me, 'Soka." Tsuzuki said. "The reason that he is after me is because I'm part demon. I heal quickly and I don't need to eat nor drink either."

"How did you die?" Yusuke asked. If the guy couldn't die through normal means then how was he a Shinigami.

"I committed suicide. I do not remember exactly how, just that I managed to. I seemingly was under the care of Muraki's grandfather at the time. He learned about me from notes left after my death." That caused some discussion, except from Kurama who was busy sketching Hisoka's body, asking the boy to remove all his clothing so he could get a full picture to decipher at a later time. Hisoka was unsure at first but Kurama told him that if he was able to decipher the markings then Hisoka could finally be freed of Muraki's influence.

The day had passed quickly by and when they saw the time it was too late to leave for their homes, so, with permission from Genkai, they remained the night. Hiei 'sleeping' in a tree, while he was watching Yusuke with his Jagan. Youko Kurama running in the woods. It was during the run when a weight crashed into Kurama. "Kura, you have to help me. I beg of you in the name of Inari, our Goddess." Kurama knew that voice.

"Kuronue!"