Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon A Fallen Star ❯ Kuronue's Return ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 5: Kuronue's Return


"Kuronue!"

The shout echoed through the forest, disturbing Hiei and by effect Yusuke. The demon lord and the Jaganshi met in the forest and ran towards where the sound came from, eventually finding their fox friend holding the bat demon.. Neither attacking the other, but when they readied to attack Kurama raised his hand. "Do not attack. He has invoked Inari's protection. As long as he has asked my Goddess' protection from me I cannot allow him to harm, nor to be harmed." The demons relaxed. "Lets take him to the temple for him to rest. We can question him tomorrow after he has rested." He looked at Yusuke. "May I use your bed, Yusuke?" He asked. Yusuke nodded, turning to face Hiei.

"Looks like we're going to be tree-mates, if you don't mind." Hiei said to Yusuke as they walked back towards the temple. The youkai gave the detective a side glance and a slight smile, the smile even reached the, once cold and hard, crimson eyes. He chuckled slightly. He remembered the first time that Yusuke had tried to sleep in a tree, he was all bruises the following day… it didn't help that he and his detective had been up all night training in the branches, which lead to those injuries.

"A tree is better than the ground, Hiei. Just promise no beating the crap out of me up there." Yusuke said as he stretched. "I just hope that Kurama hasn't been taken in by the bat. Is Inari's power that strong?"

"Inari is mainly the goddesses involving foxes, her messengers are the kitsune, another way to describe Kurama. I have never heard of Inari being associated with bats, but it doesn't mean that Kuronue isn't one of her worshipers. If anyone knew about Kuronue in our group, its Kurama." Hiei stopped at the foot of the tree that he was resting in before, jumping into the branches, daring Yusuke to follow his movements. Finding a decent branch Hiei stretched out as Yusuke followed at a slower pace. The night was clear, then he noticed a shooting star and made a wish. Yusuke managed to get another good branch close to Hiei, upwind of the fire demon. The scent of Yusuke was soothing to his mind, body and soul, encouraging the apparition to fall asleep. Yusuke was awake for longer, his mind running over the incidents that day involving himself and Hiei during the incident with Muraki. He had enjoyed the feeling of the lithe body, one moment above and the next below. He remembered the look of total relaxation on Hiei's face. As the sun started peaking over the horizon, Yusuke slept, his mind exhausted from all the thoughts that he had pondered over. Hiei's eyes watched from his branch. The sleep he had received from being bathed in Yusuke's scent was the most restful in quite some time. They needed to do it more often.

Jumping from his branch onto Yusuke's , he sat watching Yusuke sleep. The detective was the only one that made Hiei's stay in Ningenkai pleasurable enough for him to remain. The Toushin was powerful, providing a good work out for the youkai. He allowed a few minutes more for Yusuke to be in a deeper sleep before gently brushing his lips against Yusuke's own. Kuronue arriving last night was a blessing to him. It meant he had a night, albeit a platonic one, with Yusuke. Something that he had wanted for so long, had finally happened, and he would have to remember to thank the bat demon. He knew that they would have to start on the journey back to the Temple now that it was daylight. "Yusuke Urameshi, we need to get back to the temple!" He shouted in Yusuke's ear, waking the detective up with a shock.

"Can't I sleep?" He asked like a child. "I don't wanna go." Hiei snorted and gave Yusuke a little push, toppling him out the tree. Hiei followed Yusuke down and dragging the detective by the leg, to the protests of the teen he had the vice-like grip on. "Lemmie up, lemmie up!" Yusuke cried after the first ten bumps or so. Hiei allowed him to stand. Hiei grabbed Yusuke's hand, dragging him along with tugs, the feeling of Yusuke's hand being held by his made Hiei's skin tingle, and a sense of possessiveness overtake him. He felt Yusuke tighten his hold on his hand and this makes Hiei smile. He leads Yusuke back to the temple, where they saw a rather angry Genkai waiting for the,. "You're late, Slacker." The old master said. "You have floors to scrub." The look on Yusuke's face was priceless. "I don't know why you're smirking. You kept the slacker out." She handed Hiei a scrubbing brush. "A wrong shared by two people means punishment for both." Not arguing with Genkai, it meant that Hiei would have a nice view of Yusuke's ass without sneaking in. This was one of Genkai's best ideas yet.