Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Wish Upon A Fallen Star ❯ A Day in the Life of a Fighting Couple ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 11: A Day in the Life of a Fighting Couple

"Kuwabara, will you tell Hiei to stop staring at me." Yusuke said sharply. It was the following day after Yusuke and Hiei had fallen out, and it was now common knowledge that the pair weren't on speaking terms. This caused some aggravation with the others, with the exception of Tsuzuki, who was already teasing them about their short affair.

"Hiei, Yusuke wants you to stop staring at him." Kuwabara relayed, getting annoyed too. The others had all stayed well away, leaving him to convey the messages between the half-breeds. Now all he wanted to do was scream. He hoped dearly that Genkai was getting help.

"I heard him, Kuwabara." Hiei said. "However I shall stare at him for as long as I desire." Kuwabara passed the message on, more annoyed than before. Any more and he swore that he'd bang their heads together.

(In another part of the temple)

"Hello… How are you, Kido?… I'm fine, however I may have to ask to borrow your powers… Could you ask Yanagisawa to obtain Keiko's DNA?… How did you guess that it involved the slacker?… Thank you, Kido." Genkai hung up the phone. "At least Yanagisawa and Kido will help us…" Then she heard two shouts followed by silence.

"Genkai! Open the holding cell!" Kuwabara shouted as he kicked open the door, "I have two stunned demons to deposit." Genkai opened the door, where Kuwabara laid them both down. Being a single bed, he arranged the pair into a compromising position before leaving the room, locking the door behind him.

It was in this position that Yusuke regained his senses, He felt warm, comfortable and safe, until he realised that Hiei was on top of him, his hips between Yusuke's legs. The feeling of the other in such a position made Yusuke blush and his heart beat a little faster. It was the raised heart rate that awoke Hiei. He felt contented where he was, being held in Yusuke's wonderful arms. He felt cared for, loved, but most of all desired. He had never felt the same way before in his life. He looked up, meeting Yusuke's gaze and noticed the blush. "I'm going to kill Kuwabara." They said in unison, both nursing sore heads. Hiei tried to move, and only then did Yusuke realise exactly what position they were in.

"Hiei, what are you doing cemented to me?" Yusuke asked the fire demon.

"I came to in this position, although your hands on my ass is a nice touch." Hiei said as Yusuke quickly pulled his hands back allowing Hiei to sit up before trying to open the door. "It's locked." He said sitting back on the bed. He then realised that he had Yusuke's sole attention in this room. "I am sorry about what I said yesterday, Yusuke. However I cannot apologise for what my heart tells me to do. I love you, and that is all I have to say." Yusuke looked shocked, he had never expected a confession like this from Hiei.

"Hiei, I guess we both have our apologies to say." Yusuke said quietly. "I never should have acted the way I did. I was just smarting from what you said. It was a shock to know that was how you saw us, and I over reacted." Yusuke said looking down at his hands. "I'm still unsure to what I really want, I guess. I can't help but still think of you as my friend and not my lover."

"A lover is both someone to share your love life with and a friend that you can talk to, many people forget that." Hiei watched Yusuke out of the corner of his eye. "What I said may have shocked you, but I was true to myself. True to what I wanted. I want you safe and uninjured, to be in my arms night after night," Hiei blushed before he continued, "and to hold me in yours for all eternity." He lay back on the bed. "You've been under my skin for so long, Yusuke. Why do you think I saved you from Sniper? Out of the goodness of my heart?"

"You said that you cared about the trees." Yusuke said. "Even though I found it hilarious at the time. If you wanted to save the trees, you wouldn't have dragged be away and left the blaze burning." Hiei laughed.

"I wondered if that would fool you or not… seems that it half worked. You never thought to ask me the true reason so I thought that I had you fooled." Hiei said. "I guess that was what you were implying with the 'big softy' joke afterwards." Yusuke laughed. "I guess. You know, Kurama told me about the fight you, Kuwabara and he had with Sensui. He told me that you were near demented when Sensui killed me." Hiei blushed.

"The fox needs a zip for that mouth of his. I wasn't that bad, even if you were able to push Kurama and myself up to A-class levels." Hiei turned his head, not wanting Yusuke to see the effect that the memory had on the tough fire demon. However Yusuke noticed the way Hiei reacted and turned him around, hearing something drop to the floor. He then felt Hiei hide his face in his neck, unable to hold back the tears. Yusuke wrapped his arms around Hiei. He wondered what Hiei really thought during that time, and now he knew for sure.

"I'm alive and that's all that matters. I've died twice so I think I need a good spell in the living and demon worlds, don't you agree?" He asked, stroking the other's hair. "C'mon, Hiei, just speak to me."

"Never do that again. Promise that you won't act so foolish like that again. Never leave me." Yusuke held him, giving him all the promises he needed.

"Now in return, no running off with scarred ladies, I don't think I could take it if Mukuro were to steal you away from me." Yusuke said, knowing that Hiei would have been expecting that. "I'd fight her to protect what was given to me." He knew that Hiei wouldn't have been expecting that. "If I'm going to have you watching my back, I guess it's only fair that I do the same, Hiei, especially as I'm an S-class. I need to protect my… investment, not to mention that it would look bad if I didn't fight for you." Hiei smiled. "That's better." Yusuke pulled back and looked at Hiei. "A smile, not a frown, should be worn by you. A smile suits you better." It was only then that a thought entered his mind. "Hiei, how old are you?"

The question shocked Hiei, who looked into Yusuke's eyes. "Does it really matter?" He asked, feeling rather embarrassed, seeing Yusuke shake his head he sighed. "This doesn't leave this room, okay?" Yusuke nodded. "I was 16 when we first met. I am nearing 20 now." The revelation shocked Yusuke; he had expected Hiei to be much older. Hiei laughed at the expression on Yusuke's face. "I am at the same level as Kurama and I'm very much younger than him. Forbidden children are like that, or rather the ones that survive the drop from the island in the sky are. I have yet to meet another like me though. Very rarely are children born between ice and fire demons and those that are born are usually water demons. I'm happy that I took after my absent father."

Then from outside the door they heard muffled talking. Then there was a voice that they weren't expecting. "So you locked them in here? You better hope that they haven't ripped the other's throat out." The door opened, followed by a smell of roses and a head, supporting two fox ears and golden eyes. "Well you're alive, although we need to have a talk about timing." Youko Kurama said with a wink. "I sort of hoped that you'd have waited until I got back before you started courting him, Hiei. Then again you were so obvious that I thought many times that Kuwabara would have caught on before Yusuke.

"Oh, go and bed Kuronue." Hiei said embarrassed by the fox. He then looked at Yusuke. "I guess here lies the end of your trial, Yusuke. You'll have to make your mind up soon. I don't have good patience as you well know." Yusuke nodded.

"I know, and I also know that it will be hard for me to decides. Don't worry, Hiei, I'll let you know as soon as I have made up my mind. If I do choose you, I will need you to back me up when I go to tell Keiko. I'm sure that she will kill me when she finds out."