Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction ❯ Mission in America ❯ When you're happy and you know it, you commit a crime ( Chapter 26 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"So, why did you knock yourself out with 'Darlene'?" asked Yusuke, shining a flashlight in Shenkan's face as she sat taped to a chair.

"Hey, I made chocolate cake," said Genkai, stepping into the dark room. "Why are all the lights out?" She turned them on, and Hiei made a hissing sound from his seat on the couch.

"What happened to the pumpkin?" asked Yusuke, seizing the first piece of cake before Kurama.

"I made Kuwabara bury it," she replied, glaring at him for snatching an undeserved slice and deciding to watch her back next time. "Were you in the middle of an interrogation?" Yusuke nodded. "Oh, fun." Pulling up a seat, she grabbed a piece of cake and watched.

"Same question as before," said Yusuke, pacing back and forth in front of Shenkan.

"First let me out of this chair!" exclaimed Shenkan, trying to escape. Yusuke shrugged and cut the tape loose. Before he could stop her, Shenkan grabbed Genkai by the wrist and ran for her life. Genkai made no effort to break free, for she was distracted by the rather large slice of cake stuffed in her mouth.

"Not again," Yusuke mumbled, chasing after them. He skidded to a stop in the hallway, hesitated to listen and find out which way they went, heard Shenkan screaming, "VICTORY IS MINE!" and followed her voice. When he reached the lobby, he could see a Lambourghini pulling away out the glass front doors. While Yusuke and the others chased after it, Shenkan pulled out on a bike with Genkai securely tied onto the second seat and pedaled away, laughing at their stupidity. She was angry about having to give away her car though.

Minutes later, Yusuke clamored back into the hotel room as the phone started to ring. He grabbed it up immediately and answered with a "Yeah?"

"Genkai is safe," Shenkan replied, glancing over at Genkai gourging on as many cookies as she could fit in her mouth at once. Which was a surprisingly high amount.

"Why the heck did you kidnap her?" he hollered into the phone. "And you still haven't told us why you knocked yourself out!"

"Well, that part is simple enough," she said. "I was embarassed because I forgot what I was talking about. Seeing Genkai in person made me get all emotional. I tried to jog my memory, but I guess I jogged it a little too hard. I kidnapped her because I felt like it. And because she's like God, only better. Did you know that she could fit twenty-seven cookies in her mouth at once?"

"Wait, how do you know us?" he asked, everyone looking at him curiously.

"It's all part of being in the Y. A. T. M. S." she murmured. "You know everything."

"And why did you call?"

"To say hi. So... Hi."

"Hi."

"I'm running out of minutes."

"Okay."

"Bye." She hung up.

"So what's the ransom, Urameshi? Where do we go to rescue her?" Kuwabara asked frantically. Yusuke paused, muttered a few choice words, and smacked his head against the wall.

Oops.