Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hiei's death...and rebirth ❯ Countdown(Seven Hours 40 min. thru 5 hours 40 min.) ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Neptunes Daughter: I don't own any of the characters. I'm not getting any money for this, you know the drill. Oh here are some quotes I got from my Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul book. I don't own them either.

∙If we did all the things we were capable of doing we would literally astound ourselves. Thomas Edison

∙ They say a person only needs three things to be happy in this world, someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for. Tim Bodett

∙ Friendship without self-interest is one of the rare and beautiful things in life. James Francis Byrnes

∙ Examine the contents not the bottle. The Talmud

∙ There is one thing better than making a new friend and that is keeping an old one. Elmer G. Leterman

∙After all there is but one race, humanity. George Moore

∙Don't ever slam a door; you may want to go back. Don Herold

∙A teacher affects eternity, no one can tell where his influence stops. Henry Adams

There will probably be more at a later time. I need to get to the story.

7 Hours 40 Minutes

"Come on, let's go. We don't have any time to waste," says Yukina. Now that she has a purpose she is as determined as Hiei always was. She can go as fast as Hiei too so Kurama, (who had been injured in an earlier fight and was going slower that usual), and Kuwabara were having a hard time keeping up.

"Go on without us, we can't keep up, Yukina. Yusuke can so he can go with you," says Kuwabara actually acting like he has a brain for once.

"Thank you, Kazuma-san"

They continue running, much faster now that they aren't waiting for Kurama and Kuwabara.

7 Hours 20 minutes

Yukina is still following the path but abruptly turns off it.

"Where are you going Yukina?" asks Yusuke who is now out of breath.

"I can feel where he was and he went this way," says Yukina confidently.

They continue running, Yukina leading and turning at various times.

7 Hours exactly

"We can't allow you through here," says an ugly demon.

"I don't think you can stop us," answers Yusuke angrily. A bunch of demons attack at this point.

"Yukina, get down," she ducks, "Spirit Gun!" Yusuke shouts. This got one of them. Next he tried Shot Gun but even this didn't get rid of all of them. He keeps trying.

6 Hours 4 minutes

"Rose Whip!" shouts Kurama, slicing two youkai in half at once.

"Spirit Sword," Yells Kuwabara killing the last one. It appears they have finally caught up.

"Thanks guys, I used up all my bullets already."

"Let's go please," says Yukina standing up. They hurry on, Kurama and Kuwabara soon falling behind again.

5 Hours 40 minutes

Another group of youkai, I think they were Makai thieves, found Yukina and Yusuke making their way through the forest.

"Well, if it isn't the spirit detective and a little girl," one says spitefully.

`Okay, this could be bad,' thinks Yusuke, `really bad.'

"We really don't have time for this. I have to find my brother," says Yukina, sounding remarkably like Hiei.

"We think you do have time, time to get killed," says one youkai who looks like the leader.

"Yukina run," Yusuke shouts, "Go try to find your brother, I mean go find Hiei."

"Onissan forgive me," Yukina whispers then says, "No, you can't stand against them, I'll help."

"Yukina," Yusuke starts but she cuts him off.

"I'm staying so there."

Yusuke is trying to fight but he has very little spirit energy left. Yukina is fast so she avoids them and they keep running into each other. This is taking too long so Yukina gets another idea. This is the first time she uses her energy to do anything but heal. She creates a wall of ice that the youkai can not break through.

"I didn't know you could do that," says Yusuke.

"I just found out. Let's go, I don't think it's permanent."

They continue running, always towards their goal.

Neptunes Daughter: I need 5 reviews before I put up the next chapter. At least one of them has to be good and one has to say if I should use the version with an original character or without. There you go.