Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hybrid's, Foxes, and Spirit Detectives ❯ Lucifer And Lexi ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

HYBRID'S, FOXES, AND SPIRIT DETECTIVES

Chapter five: Lucifer and Lexi

Sai cracked her eyes open a smidgen, unnoticed by all except Hiei, then smirked. "I knew you'd confess sooner or later," she told her redheaded friend. "I just never knew it would be so early."

"Ryuu! You're awake!" Kethrina exclaimed. "Wait a minute…how long have you been listening?"

"Long enough to hear you admit to liking Kurama," Sai told her, trying to stand. She tried to steady herself, but had to hold onto Hiei to keep her balance.

"But she never…" began Yusuke, who was cut off by Sai.

"Sure she did," she said enthusiastically. "She said, `To me, that's not very attractive.' In other words, she already finds Kurama…" She let her words trail off as she saw the looks Kethrina were giving her; she automatically hid behind Hiei. "Umm…can we go home now?"

Yusuke already had the purple communicator out. "Hey, Botan? Yeah, do you think you can open a portal to the mercenaries' house? Because they're about to kill each other…"

He closed the lid, just as portal appeared before the small group of six, who eagerly stepped forward into it. Emerging on the other side, they were standing in front of a large gargoyle adorned mansion.

"Mommy! Auntie!" Two small children called as they ran from the large opened door; a blond-haired, blue-eyed, little boy jumped into Kethrina's arms, and a crimson-haired, crimson-eyed little girl clutched Sai's leg.

"Lucifer! Lexi!" scolded a sixteen-year-old girl in Goth clothes. "What did I tell you about running out here like that? There could've been danger!"

"Don't worry, Ichi," laughed Sai as she eagerly lifted Lexi and set the little girl on her hip, hugger each other. "Our work didn't follow us home this time."

"Not the bad part, anyway," added Kethrina as she nosed Lucifer.

They turned to introduce everyone when the girls saw the shocked expression on their new friends' faces.

"Mommy," whispered the little girl, "I think their eyes are going to fall out."

"Maybe you should tell them that," Sai encouraged. Unrepentantly, Lexi climbed down from her previous position and walked over to the uninflected Hiei, pulling on a few of his fingers to get his attention. He stared down at her, obviously surprised at the child's actions.

He knelt down to look at her eye to eye, not truly knowing what to do with this certain matter, just following his instincts, surprised that he had them for this sort of thing. She looped her arms around his neck as he held her and stood, whispering into his ear about his companions.

Hiei cracked a small smile, but it was gone quickly before anyone could notice; Lexi and Kurama, however, did see. She briefly kissed him on the cheek before jumping down and running back to her surprised mother, who was in the same state as everyone else: the mercenaries for her outward show of affection to a complete stranger; the Spirit Detectives for the calm and peaceful state Hiei had been in and the fact that his emotional barrier had been broken by a young child.

Lexi suddenly halted in front of Kurama, looking up at him with curious red eyes as she tilted her head to the side. "Can I pet your ears Mister Silver?" she asked.

"Ah-ha!" Kethrina exclaimed loudly before anyone had a chance to register Lexi's interrogative. "I think I know why your daughter doesn't like the school we send her and Lucifer to."

"What's wrong with the school?" Sai unbelievably contradicted. "Other than the fact that it's human and…Ooooh, I see. Does she take after her father in that category, too?"

"Yeah. She take's after him a lot more than you. Are you sure she's yours?"

"Well, I don't know. Why don't you check my memories again…and…" Sai suddenly collapsed, grasping her stomach in agony and clenching her teeth when the pain came to an abrupt halt. She stared dangerously up at a guilty looking Kethrina, violet blazing into blue.

Before Sai could threaten her best friend, she was clomped by Lexi, silent sobs shaking her small shoulders as she wrapped her arms around her mothers waist, the blue and black tear gems falling to the ground unendingly.

Sai kissed Lexi's head while rubbing small circles into her back, trying to comfort the small little girl in her lap and whispering it would be all right.

"You scared her," she accused, glancing at Kethrina. Sai was about to say something more when Lexi gasped.

"Mommy! You're hurt!"

"Don't worry, Lex. It's not that bad."

"Yeah," began a teenage boy emerging from the house, standing beside a forgotten Ichi. "You said that last time. Remember what happened?" he asked as he leaned against the doorframe.