Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Hybrid's, Foxes, and Spirit Detectives ❯ The Bubble Bath Incident ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

HYBRIDS, FOXES, AND SPIRIT DETECTIVES

CHAPTER SIX: The Bubble-Bath Incident

Kyle sat in front of Sai, whose side still bleeding from the earlier battle, holding her down while Ket fixed her up. He flipped his blond Mohawk out of his face, trying not to laugh at Sai's predicament.

"Please don't tell me you don't remember what happened last time?" he asked, barely holding back his chuckles.

Sai didn't answer; instead, she growled low and deep, narrowing her eyes at all of them in the room.

"Last time you could have died, and almost did," Ket said lowly, prodding her `patient' in the side.

"Ow! Dammit! I'm still alive aren't I? You didn't have to poke me!"

"It's your own fault," Ket told her slowly, putting most of her concentration into the bandage. "You were…well, you were only ran through three times, but you being you said you had tripped. Tripped on what?! The wire to a nuclear bomb?! Maybe now you'll learn your lesson, though highly unlikely what with you being Adokenai and all."

"Dammit! I told you not to use my real name!"

"Wait a minute!" Yususke suddenly yelled. "Your name is Innocent?"

"You got a problem with that?" Sai asked with malice in her voice, making Yususke start to sweat. "That's what I thought."

"Mr. Silver!" Lexi called up from the floor beside Kurama's feet. "Do I still get to play with your ears?"

He chuckled, looking down at the little girl being grabbed by Lucifer, but his attention quickly returned to the two arguing girls.

"Why does she keep calling you Mr. Silver?" Sai asked him.

"You shouldn't worry about that right now, Ryu! You're injured and I command that you get bed rest, now…go to your room!" Ket exclaimed pointing upstairs.

"Oh, go…" Sai cut herself off when she heard Lexi and Lucifer coming down the hall. "…Yourself…"

"There is absolutely no reason for you to take that tone with me, but do not hurt yourself anymore than you already are or else I will tie you down and duct tape you to your bed. Do you understand me?"

"Yeah, yeah, just don't get a bigger head, it's already filled this room," Sai retorted, standing up and stretching. "If it gets any bigger it'll explode. Or possibly suffocate everyone in here."

She slipped out, heading upstairs after walking silently past the four spirit detectives and the overly cheerful reaper. Sai headed towards her bathroom, ignoring the familiar feeling of being watched; it was more than probable that it was Kethrina making sure she did as told.

She slipped out of her black outfit, letting it carelessly fall to the floor at her feet, stepping into the warm bath water that had filled the tub moments ago. She submerged herself, forgetting about the world around her, then resurfaced to peel away the newly applied bandages to let the once clear water turn pink, then red with her own blood.

Sai let her head fall back, her thoughts consuming her as she closed her eyes.

<><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><>

Ket couldn't help but laugh when she saw what Sai was wearing, which consisted only of an oversized t-shirt coming down to brush against her mid-thigh.

"I never thought I see the day when you wore your civilian clothes in front of complete strangers. Well, not completely STRANGERS, but people you don't know very well. You know, I think I'm going to stop while I'm already in the hole so I don't dig myself deeper," Ket stated as she saw Sai's glare. "I'll just go take a bath."

Sai moved to take Ket's place in the kitchen, opening the fridge door to take out a bottle of cranberry juice from the top shelf, and a glass from the cupboard. She walked past Yususke and Kyle playing cards at the table, only to end up facing the chest of Kurama.

"Where might I find the bathroom?" he inquired.

A plan suddenly came into her mind, the keyword: blackmail. Ket was taking a bath, and her little lover boy had to use the bathroom...Plotting chaos was her specialty.

"Up the stairs, second door on the right," she told him, trying to keep a straight face while she did so.

When he was out of hearing range, she let out a low, evil chuckle, catching Hiei's attention in one of the dark corners watching as Kuwabara shivered while watching Yususke and Kyle shout obsenities at each other.

Sai collapsed in the chair next to Yususke, leaning back while grinning maliciously. The questioning glances made want to laugh even more.

"Your sister," she told Yususke, "Is about to get the shock of her life in a few minutes."

<><><><><><><><> ;<><><><><><><><><>&l t;><><><><><><><><><& gt;<><>

Ket sat back against the back wall of the tub, soaking in the warm, fluffy bubbles surrounding her. She could tell Sai was plotting something, but she was blocking it. Ket never would understand why she had taught Sai to sheild her thoughts, because now she was definitely regretting it. She only hoped it wasn't that bad.

She closed her eyes in hope of relaxing, but quickly tensed when she heard the door click. She immediately sat up, only to look straight into Kurama's wide green eyes.

Her face turned bright red, suddenly embarrased as she sunk farther into the bubbles. Kurama was just standing there, shocked as she was.

"SAI!" Ket yelled. "YOU GODDAM LITTLE BLOOD SUCKING FOX! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

A smile suddenly came upon his face, a rather perverted look coming into his eyes. Ket wasn't sure how much she liked that look, but she WAS sure she could become accustomed to it. All they could hear down stairs was laughter, including from Hiei. Well, at least she accomplished something.

(AUTHOUR'S NOTE) Thank you! My first review! As well as only…-_-; OH WELL! I guess it could be worse…having no reviews at all. PLEASE REVIEW!!! FLAMES ARE WELCOME!

You should already KNOW the disclaimer…and if you don't…shame on you! ^_^