Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ King of Thieves ❯ The Moonshadow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Hello? No, I do NOT own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of it's characters, so stop calling me!

Hello again! Now, I can't make any promises, but I'll TRY and make my chapters longer. It's just that I have homework every, single, solitary day! And I really want to improve my grades, so I'll try my best. I also can't guarantee I'll have a chapter a day, so keep in touch everyday for the chapters. But if I'm correct, the longer I spend on a chapter, the better it is. Patience is a virtue! That said, let's begin Chapter Two!

*************************************************************** ************

Chapter Two: The Moonshadow

After Kuronue had killed the thugs, we ran back to our hideout, and this time the wolf was carrying the enormus jewel. I had noticed earlier that she was looking at the jewel with loving eyes, as if it was her child that has just been returned to her after years of searching. I couldn't quite understand that. Perhaps that jewel is connected to her somehow, or maybe she just thought it was a beautiful jewel and knew she could never have it. Whenever I come across a situation like this, where I'm trying to figure out someone's past or emotions, I don't stop pondering about it until it's solved. But the thing is, I haven't pondered about something THIS much before. I can't really understand it. I think it might be because I have no idea who this girl is, and I wanna know. She's very. . . interesting. I-I'm sorry. . . Where was I?

Oh, yes, well, we arrived at our hideout, which was a decent-sized room underground (along with to other rooms as me and Kuronue's bedrooms). When we arrived, the wolf gingerly placed the jewel on the nearest table we had in the room. She then sat down on the green couch we had at the right side of the room. I noticed her wolf ears were starting to twitch. She either heard something or was excited. Probably because she's in the great King of Theives's hideout. . . Whoa, wait, what am I saying?!

"I really like your place," I heard her say. I looked at her, and she just smiled. "So, how much time do you need to make your final decision?"

I looked at Kuronue, who was looking at me, but turned away. I sighed. "Well, I was thinking we could give you some kind of test," I said. At the corner of my eye, I saw Kuronue's head jerk. Probably looking at me like I was some mental case.

I saw the wolf look at me questioningly. "Really? That would be great!" she exclaimed. My ears twitched violently, since they're so sensitive to sound. Then I heard Kuronue.

"Well, we at least need to know your name."

She looked at Kuronue and smiled. "Oh, I'm so sorry, you must think I'm rude by now. My name is Moonshadow, pleased to meet you."

I heard Kuronue snort. I guess it was a snort of laughter, considering what he was about to say.

"What kind of a name is that?"

"Save it Kuronue, you're just intimidated by me."

It was my turn to jerk my head. What was she getting at? I looked at Kuronue, seeing this statement had struck a nerve, and I mean a huge nerve. I saw a sweat run down his face.

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about!" And with that, he crossed his arms and turned away.

"So, what kind of test are we talking about?" she asked, getting up from her seat.

"Well. . .," I began, walking to one side of the room with a bookshelf against it. All of the books in that shelf were mine, since Kuronue couldn't read very well, let alone enjoys to. I doubt he even knows how to spell his own name. I took a red-covered book out from the shelf and opened it. It was the best book I had on ancient artifacts and where to find them. I flipped through the pages, and settled on a simple treasure. "I was thinking you could show us your skills by stealing something. We'll give you something simple to start out with." I handed her the book with it opened to the correct page. "I would like you to steal the Trandscesdent Necklace."

She looked at the page, at the gold necklace with different sorts of diamonds embedded on it. After awhile of just staring at the page, she closed the book and handed it to me. "Sure thing, but can I keep it?" Again, she just smiled when I looked at her.

I began to feel myself smiling, too. It's some sort of disease, I swear! "Only if you pass the test, can you keep it," I said, imitating her mockery.

"Oh, please, spare me my lunch, you two!" I heard Kuronue shout. I laughed, and so did Moonshadow. I realized Kuronue thought that I could be infatuated with this girl, and he was just jealous. He knew I was always the better-looking one. He can't deny it.

I realized just then what the time was, and that it would be daylight soon. I walked over to Kuronue. "Hey, have you any idea what time it is? Dawn is approaching," I whispered.

"Well, what's the problem?"

"We just can't kick Moonshadow out! What if she doesn't sleep during the the day?"

"Well, why don't you ask her before you start panicking?" I thought about it, then walked over to Moonshadow.

"Do you sleep during the day, Moonshadow?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. Why?"

"Well, we do, too, and if you didn't, we wouldn't want you to be bored out of your mind waiting for us to get up."

"Oh. Well, you don't have to worry."

I hesitated, then said, "Well, how about you take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch. Is that alright?"

She looked taken aback. "Well, that's okay with me, but are you sure you want to give up your bed?"

"Oh it's no problem, don't worry about it. We'll be giving you your test tonight, alright?"

"Well, if you're sure. . ." She walked into the right bedroom while Kuronue entered the left. I flopped on the couch lazily and sighed. 'There's something about her I just don't get,' I thought. 'Well, I can't wait for tonight. . .' I fell asleep moments later.

*************************************************************** ***********

*sigh* Okay, that was shorter and more stupid than the last one! Grr, I'm so mad at myself! I had just noticed after I read it over that I make it short and to the point, and I can't fix it! Oh well, that's just my opinion, anyway. Who knows, maybe you guys liked it. . . Well, I'm working on chapter three, and I pray with all my might that it will be longer and better!! What can you expect from me?! FYI, I'm only thirteen! -_-

Hey all you fans of Inuyasha and Yu Yu Hakusho, please check my new buddy, Silver Neko, and her fics, "From the Outside, Looking In" and "Something to Live For"! And remember, if you want your fic advertised on mine, ask me NICELY by REVIEWING! Review, review, review! And review some more!

WXR out!

P.S. For some reason, only registered members can review me, so if you can't say nice things to me by reviewing, and/or (I hope and) you want your fic advertised, just email me! *murmur* Stupid mediaminer. . . Oh! I didn't say that! Please don't sue!!!