Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ King of Thieves ❯ Rhea's Predicament ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Nope, still don't own Yu Yu Hakusho or any of it's characters, I can't pay to own anything! I'm so poor, I can't even pay attention!

Hello, everone! Well, I'm extremely happy that my last chapter was long and juicy! I had BlackPanther read it, and she loved it! She's so jealous of me. . . We compete with EVERYTHING! FYI, she and I are best buddies in reality. But she lives so far away!! *sniff, sniff* Well, anyways, I feel like I left you guys hanging last chapter, aren't you dying to know what happens to Kurama and Moonshad- I mean Rhea? Whatever you do, don't call her Moonshadow when you know her real name. Why? Oh, you'll find that out if you keep on reading!

*************************************************************** **************

Chapter Four: Rhea's Predicament

Rhea and I returned to the den and awoke Kuronue. He put up a fuss when I shook him, but that's just how he is. The only way you can wake him up is to either shake him or yell as loud as you possibly can in his ear, but he'd kill me if I ever did that. . . Rhea seemed quite amused when Kuronue moaned and just changed his position when I tried to wake him up. In my opinion, she seems like a rather harmless wolf, but I know I'm wrong. She's probably an expert when it comes to battle. I would like it very much to see her fight, and I have a feeling I will.

Once Kuronue was fully awake, we decided to get to know Rhea more until it was time to go to the Makai Temple, where the Trancesdant Necklace was held. We sat around the rather large, round oak table we had stolen long ago. The first thing I did was explain to Kuronue that we should call Moonshadow Rhea from now on, since she prefers youkais to call her that. Moonshadow was a name only fellow werewolves called her, a pack name. She told me that on the way back to the den. I decided not to tell him about what happened outside. Rhea must have known this, because she didn't say anything, either. That or she didn't want to. Then we all fell into a deep conversation.

"So, Rhea," Kuronue began. "Where do you originate from?"

"Well, I was born in the human realm, in the United States," she answered matter-of-factly. "In the state of Oregon, and in a city called Salem." She smiled. I realized she was smiling at Kuronue's dumb, idiotic face. You know how I said earlier he didn't read? Well, I think that's clear enough for you.

"I hear that's a place where ningens practice witchcraft," I said, putting my arms on the table and leaning in closer. "Is that true, or is it just a rumor?"

"Well, I'm not sure, actually. Of course I've heard, but I've never seen anything that can prove such a thing." She looked down at the table, as if in deep thought, and as she did so her thin, black hair hid her face. She took on a kind of gothic look. She wore a black T-shirt and dark green cargos that only went past her knees, along with a silver chain attached to it. Wait a minute. . . Something didn't seem right, but I couldn't quite grasp it. It had something to do with that chain. . .

"What's that chain for?" I asked stupidly, pointing at her pants. She looked up at me and followed my finger to where I was pointing. Kuronue looked too tired to care what was going on, but he showed enough that he was interested.

"Oh, this. . .," she said, lightly touching it. She let go and turned her head to look at me. "It really doesn't have a purpose, it's just. . ." She paused, looking down again, obviously unwilling to finish what she was going to say. She looked back up at me, seeing the content on my face, and forced herself to continue. "Gabriel gave it to me."

Now I must have had an idiotic face on now, because she looked at me questioningly. "Gabriel?" I heard Kuronue say. "Who's Gabriel?" I could hear mockery in his voice, and I silently cussed him out. He's just jealous. . .

She turned her gaze to Kuronue, who was calmly sitting, staring at her. "He's the pack leader, and I'm supposed to be his mate." We both stared at her. That was a new one. "I refused, so he gave me this silver chain. I was confused at first, because silver can do a great deal of damage to a werewolf if exposed to a wound," That was it! "but he said to keep it with me always. I dunno, I have a feeling I should heed his word."

"There's still something I don't get," Kuronue began. "If Gabriel was your pack leader, how come you're not in the pack?" I glared at Kuronue, and if glaring could kill, he'd be dead before he could even finish that sentence.

"I fled from the pack, so I wouldn't have to become Gabriel's mate. They're looking for me as we speak. My brother understands my intentions, so he's trying to slow them down as much as he can. But he can't anymore. . . Gabriel has probably figured out what he's up to. They'll find me soon, unless I do something. . ."

"Why didn't you tell us this before? We can help you," I reassured her as I stood up.

"I didn't want to put you through my troubles," she answered. "And no, you can't help me. This is my own problem and I'll get rid of it by myself."

"Nonsense!" Kuronue shouted as he stood up. I looked at him, very confused at his behavior. I thought he thought of Rhea to be no more than someone blocking his view of treasure, but apparently I was wrong. "Kurama's right, we can help you! You just have too big of an ego to admit you need help!"

Rhea looked hurt. I guess she thought Kuronue had a good point, because she had a kind of determined look on her face. "I guess you're right. . . You see right through me, Kuronue. Thank you." She smiled her award winning smile again. God, I loved that smile. Kuronue's cheeks went slightly pink. She stood up from her seat and walked around the table toward me. She stopped and tilted her head up to meet my gaze. I was taken aback at this gesture. "So, Kurama, what do you propose we do?"

It just hit me. I didn't know what to do. . . I was just so caught up in her story that I failed to come up with a plan. How would I help her escape from this "Gabriel's" grasp? "Well, actually, I can't come up with anything at the moment. . ." She was confused, I could tell. Her mouth opened to say something, but I stopped her. "I promise I'll think it over when we go to the temple, okay?"

I put my hands on her shoulders. She switched her glance down at my hands, then back to my eyes. "Alright," she said in a whisper. "But you better come up with something, you hear me?" Her tone was firm with slight anger. I love her angry side. . . Oh, I give up!

I took my hands off her shoulders. "Like I said, I promise." She smiled, and I turned and walked to Kuronue, who was watching us the whole time, obviously. I shoved him to the corner of the room. "Kuronue, what was that? I thought you hated Rhea. Why did you stand up for her sake?" I whispered, hoping Rhea's sharp ears wouldn't hear. Hoping she wasn't the type of person who's curiousity took over.

He looked down in embarrassment. "I dunno, Kurama. I dunno what came over me. . . I thought I hated her, too."

"Why, Kuronue? Why did you think you hated her? She's so sweet and polite, at least that's all she's ever been around us. But she might not be polite in every way. . ."

"Okay, Kurama, I don't wanna know where this is going," he said before I could finish. Baka. . . He got back onto subject. "Well, I know you're right. . . She has been very sweet to us, which I don't think is in werewolf nature. But I guess I hated her because. . . because I thought that she would get in the way of our team. You know what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I understand. But why didn't you tell me? You know you can tell me anything."

"I know. I guess I'm the one with the huge ego, huh?" I didn't answer. This was so not like the Kuronue I knew. "I'm sorry, Kurama. . . But I do have one question." Here we go. "Are you. . . how should I put this. . . falling in love with her?"

Now that's a whopper of a question! Was I. . . falling in love? No. I couldn't be. I looked over at Rhea, who just smiled at me and gave a slight laugh.

Or could I. . .?

*************************************************************** ************

Oh, I'm sorry I have short chappies. Like I said, I have schoolwork and my grades are dropping! If they drop anymore, I won't be able to write more fanficcy! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

BlackPanther: Oh, stop whining, you big baby. . .

WXR: But wouldn't you be heartbroken if you couldn't write more fanficcy, let alone go on the internet? Hmm?

BP: You're so right! Wahhhhh!

WXR: *whisper, whisper* She's obsessed with MM, everyday she calls me and tells me what she's read. Don't tell me that's not obsessive. . .

Please review! I have a lot of visitors but I don't have a lot of reviews. You people are being lazy bums! Review!

Rhea: Or I'll rip you to shreds. . . (unsheaths her claws and bares her fangs)

WXR: Yeah, what she said! I wish I could do that. . . Well, that's not gonna happen, is it? Whatever, just review or Rhea will be having a ripping frenzy, and we don't want that to happen, now do we? Well, I gotta go. R&R!