Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Kurama’s Dilemma ❯ Let There Be Tails! ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Here is yet another chapter..wow i think i am getting the hang of writing again..though no one reads my other stuff..oh well..on with the show!

--

After assuring herself that the two children were going to survive, Mukuro sent the young ones off to bed. She watched, tears filling her eyes, as she looked at her once-upon-a-time-lover's only son. She swallowed hard, keeping her tears at bay. She would show no emotion. The fox had won the love-of-her-life's heart fair-and-square. The only thing she would do now was offer her assistance to Hiei if he ever needed it.

Above all else, she wanted Hiei to be happy.

Walking away from the bedroom, Mukuro's mind filled with the memory of how loving Hiei had always been towards Hikuro when he was a little one. She was happy, yet devastated by the knowledge that she would forever carry the memories of her beloved and his son's too-short stay with her.

Inevitably, Mukuro's mind recalled, unbidden, how her precious, adopted son had remembered his true mother. She could see how the boy had run to the fox, clinging to him tightly. That, coupled with Hiei's words, had brought nothing but pain to her already scarred heart.

Doors burst open and the sound brought Mukuro out of her painfully nostalgic reverie. She turned to see her former heir- her beloved, the one man she wanted but would never have again- storm inside. His crimson eyes burned with unchecked rage. His fists were clenched at his side. His body language betrayed his anger.

Mukuro smiled a bit; it was very unlike the stoic fire demon to be so open and careless about his emotions. Usually, he would bite back any emotion he experienced, leaving all but those who knew him best in the dark about his mood. He had to be really upset to get him this reckless.

She chuckled to herself- it looked like there was going to be another battle between them sometime soonunless if she could stop it. Maybe I should point out just who's palace my young ex-heir has barged into

I come for my son, Hiei snapped,

Hikuro is sleeping, she answered calmly.

Hn, the fire demon snorted, dismissing the fact, We will be leaving now.

Not even a 'Hello, Mukuro,' the Lady asked with a knowing smirk, Not a 'Thank you for saving my son and my bastard fox's daughter?' Nothing?

Hiei growled low in his throat, sending her a glare that would have sent other demons into hiding. Mukuro simply snickered, the intense gaze fueling the demoness' taunting ways. After all, she and Hiei were so very similar

-China's POV-

Okaythis place is weird

China curled into a ball on her bed. First, her brother had tried to kill her. Then he had saved her, and now they were somewhere Hikuro must have felt safe, since he had happily followed the strange woman here. She sobbed softly; just once more, she wanted her mother to be there. To feel her arms around her, or to hear her soft voice whisper a goodnight just one more time. She wanted to hear children playing outside, happily chatting away in English- not the sounds of battle and death.

Wrapping her arms tightly around herself, China rested her head on the pillow in the huge bed the demon lady had given her. She contemplated the situation she was in. She knew American-English, and so did her daddy. There was Japanesewhich she was learning. All that was fine, but herehere they spoke in a tongue soso demonicit was just scary.

China sighed, too tired to think. She had gone through too much these past hoursHer eyes drifted shut and she started to fall asleep. Barely awake, she rubbed her backside, where a dull pain bothered her. But thenshe felt hair

Shocked, she bolted up, turning to look at her butt and saw aa tail!? A taila real tail, not like the kind she had worn last Halloween, was sticking out. It was the same chocolate brown color as the tresses atop her head.

Fear flooded her mind, her blood running cold. She could think of only one thing to do

DADDY!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!