Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ Kuwabara Clan: America Part Two ( Chapter 12 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Kuwabara Clan: America Part Two

calikocat

Word count: 481

XXX

The phone rang and Seiji smiled as he picked it up. “It's about time Daichi.”

“Tell me you and Mom finally got caller ID.”

“Don't need it.”

“That is, as the kids say these days, freaky. Anyway, I got your message, what did you want?”

“I received an interesting letter.”

“From?”

“The head of the clan.”

There was a pause. “Aren't you the head of the clan?”

He sighed. “No, I was the younger son, my older brother Akira was the head. Now his grandson has taken over.”

“Right, Akira, the old guy who yanked up the family from the only life they'd ever known.”

“Daichi, don't speak ill of the dead.”

“...sorry Dad. Didn't realize he was...you okay?”

“He's been dead for a long time Daichi.”

“Wait...you said his grandson was the head...wouldn't it be his dad instead...geeze is he dead too?”

“Your cousin Toshiro and his wife Abbey died in a car wreck several years ago. I believe Kazuma was seven at the time.”

“Wow. So Kazuma's been the clan head since he was a kid? Dad, why did he send you a letter?”

“He and his mate adopted a magical child, and to keep the boy the clan has to be reinstated. Kazuma was just letting me know that their side of the clan was interested in getting to know our side.”

“Okay...so?”

“We're invited to visit Japan and to rejoin them. I've already sent some of my blood.”

“For the reinstatement?”

“And for the clan records, with the head approving and gathering samples from everyone...maybe...”

Daichi gave a heavy sigh. “You're hoping to find them: Jonessa, Joyce, and Mari.”

“They're my granddaughters; I need to know if they're alive. Don't you want to know what happened to Mari?”

Daichi was silent for a moment. “Of course I want to know what happened to my little girl. And I want I want to know what happened to my nieces Dad, but we both know Jonessa doesn't want to be found. Who knows what kind of magic she pulled off to hide from us for this long. It's all that Harris boy's fault. We know she ran off with him after his family disowned him for being a Squib.”

“Daichi, don't use such a derogatory term, it’s not politically correct and you know it.”

“Sorry, but that's not why none of us liked him. His temper was bad and...I'm pretty sure he hurt her a couple of times.”

“With the reinstatement our Family Charts may update themselves.” Seiji glanced at the wall across from him that showed the extensive diagram of the Kuwabara clan.

“That would be great...I guess. You're really excited about this aren't you?”

“This could unite the clan Daichi, there's no reason not to be excited.”

Daichi shook his head, though his father couldn't see it over the phone. “If you say so, but I'm not holding my breath.”

XXX