Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ So much for Hiding... ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

So much for Hiding...

calikocat

Word count: 264

XXX

Things had been difficult for them for quite some time. Joyce had to admit she was at fault for some of it, she never should have agreed with Hank to institutionalize Buffy. But...she'd been so worried that Buffy might have been showing signs of magic...that itself was not bad...but the way Buffy had been acting...Joyce was afraid that Buffy had been driven mad. She didn't know what else to do, and she had no one to turn to for help. She'd cut herself off from the family.

She'd had too...otherwise the Blanc Clan...her grandparents would have sent another assassin. Damn purists. Pretending to die on that last attempt on her life back in college was the only way to escape. She was just glad Sheila could keep her mouth shut. Not many in the clan knew how to keep a secret.

A scroll fell off the shelf in the corner. Joyce blinked, it was odd, they were still unpacking...but the scroll shouldn't have fell. She approached it as her mind wandered over her choices.

After the divorce moving to the Hellmouth seemed like the best option. A way to cut herself off again. She picked up the scroll, it twitched in her hand. Which scroll was this anyway? She sat down on her bed and unrolled it. Oh god. The Kuwabara Family Tree. It was changing...The clan had been reinstated.

She stared in dismay as her status changed from deceased to living and Buffy's name appeared beneath hers. Damn...she wondered how long the Hellmouth would be able to hide them from the Blanc Clan.

XXX