Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Legal Human Practice ❯ Rescue Mission Part 1 ( Chapter 19 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Rescue Mission Part 1

calikocat

Word count: 651

Hiei/Kuwabara or Hieibara if you prefer. XD

XXX

Hiei gazed at Kazuma's sleeping form. Somedays he wanted to apologize to his mate. When he'd brought Hari home he had no idea that it would have such repercussions. He didn't regret any of it. If Hari had been left to those...inferior...creatures...who knows what might have happened to him.

“You're thinking too loud.” Kazuma murmured, pressing his lips to Hiei's chest where his heart would be...if he were human. Hiei snorted and gently flicked one of his ears.

“My thoughts didn't wake you.”

“Something did.” His eyes opened. “You've been unsettled since that old man barged in. What's bothering you?”

“I've been going through everything I saw in his mind.”

“Anything interesting?”

“Perhaps...the Potters. They had a friend. Black Sirius.”

“And?”

“He was arrested for his part in their deaths.” Hiei frowned. “But the old man had no memory of a trial...or even an interrogation. He was simply locked away.

Kazuma raised up on one arm. You think he's innocent?”

“I think I need to look in Hari's mind to see what he remembers.”

“Better do it now then, while he's sleeping.” Hiei nodded in agreement flipped their covers back and started toward the door of their room. Kazuma chuckled. “As much as I like the view, pants are a good idea.”

“Why?”

“You want our son to grow up thinking its okay to walk around naked?”

Hiei rolled his eyes but reached for his pants and slipped them on, savoring the feel of Kazuma's gaze following his every move. “Coming?”

“When you come back I hope to.”

Hiei snorted and grabbed the larger male's foot, and pulled, nearly dragging him off the bed. “Now.”

Kazuma made a startled squeak before laughing. “Yeah, yeah.” And he stood as well, slipping on a pair of shorts.

Once they were in Hari's room Hiei paused...he hated to look into Hari's mind like this.

“Just be slow, careful, you won't hurt him.”

“You can't know that.”

“Yeah I can, the jagan likes him.”

“The jagan is evil.”

“You don't give it enough credit.”

Hiei shook his head, there were some arguments one could not win. He sat beside Hari and slowly removed the ward from his jagan. It opened and looked down at Hari...and glowed. Hiei reached for Kazuma's hand to steady himself and to share what he could see through their bond.

They shared a smile as they sifted through Hari's most recent memories. The New Years festival. Playing with Sakura and Tsuna under Toya's watchful gaze. The chaos that ensued when all of Makato's friends saw the three toddlers playing together. Tsuna had been absolutely terrified of Minako and Usagi. Then there was the party that Keiko and Yusuke had thrown to welcome Hari to the family. All good memories.

Hiei looked further, deeper into the young mind, to the night he'd found Hari. They watched as a sleepy Hari gazed up at a shocked Hiei on the doorstep of a mundane little house. They watched as the old man put him on that doorstep. Watched as the biggest...human? They'd ever seen give Hari to the old man. The big guy talking to someone...another man. Just a few years older than Kazuma.

“That's the one.”

“What kind of emotions are you getting from Hari?”

Hiei stared for moment longer. “He can be trusted.” They slipped further in...and were blinded by green. And the dying scream of a woman with red hair.

Hari jerked awake with a cry. “Mum!” Hiei quickly covered his jagan, and opened his arms just in time for Hari to cling to him with another cry. “Papa!”

Kazuma leaned down to place a kiss on Hari's forehead. “Well?”

“Sirius is innocent.”

“I'll call Keita in the morning.”

XXX