Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Meeting You ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Mistress: I am soo sorry for not updating in forever. He he he, I have no other excise but a writers block. But it's spring break! ^__^
 
Chapter 4
 
“My name is Hotaru Subaru. I used to live with my step parents until last year. I had enough and moved out.” She stopped and winced in pain.
 
“Maybe you should go back to bed and have you rest.” Kuwabara suggested.
 
She nodded slowly. The four Spirit Detectives watched as the crippled girl disappeared out of sight. Before they could do anything else the door bell rang. Kurama excused himself and went to his door. He found Koenma waiting,
 
“We need you right now!!” His face was red and he looked scared.
 
The kitsune was about to respond when Kuwabara and Yusuke came up from behind him.
 
“What's up little toddler lord?” asked Yusuke leaning over Kurama's shoulder to get a better view of the Spirit Lord.
 
“What's up Yusuke!!!!? What's up is that we need you right away. I have some important news. Come we need to get to spirit world!” He started walking off in a fast pace.
 
“Wait a moment what about Hotaru?” Kuwabara asked as the group started heading after the spirit lord.
 
“I forgot. We can have Hiei take care of her. He's hard to reach anyway so Koenma wouldn't be surprised. Besides he doesn't know Hiei's here.”
 
They agreed and told Hiei they'd be out for a while. It took a bit of convincing to get him to stay. No it took a lot of convincing for him to stay behind. After that had been settled they left for spirit world.
 
******
 
I can't believe I agreed to this. I agreed to stay behind and watch over this strange girl. I have to admit though it could be worse. Hiei was thinking to himself.
 
“Uhm…Hiei?” came a small voice from behind him.
 
“Are you alright?” Her green emerald eyes were staring up at him. So innocent.
 
“Hn.” The fire demon was re-wrapping some of her bandages as he was instructed to.
 
“You know Hiei I'm glad you stayed to watch me.”
 
She smiled up at surprised man; he stared at her in surprise. She was glad. The man continued staring at her a bit too long.
 
“Do I really look that bad?” she asked in a teasing voice.
 
The man brought his eyes back to the job at hand.
 
“No.” Her smile became a grin.
 
“I don't? That's nice to know.”
 
The fire demon hated it when people grinned like that. It was just something about it. He finished with the bandages and brought the old ones away. She was sitting on the sofa examining the room when her eyes traveled to the young man. She smiled. It made the demon feel uncomfortable.
 
“Hotaru, may I ask you why you're glad that I stayed behind?”
 
She thought about it for a moment as the man seated himself next to her. She looked him into the eye and said,
 
“Because Hiei… I like you.”
 
She gave a smile and rested her head on his shoulder. It made him feel even more uncomfortable.
 
*********
SWITCH TO HOTARU POV/SORTA FLAHSBACK POV (I am not making any sense am I?)
 
From what I had learned at that point they were a group of friends who were in search of the demon that attacked me. At first I was a little surprised. In a way I already knew it. I still don't know much about them. The others had left somewhere and Hiei and I were left alone. I was leaning against him. I could tell he was tense. After a few moments I asked him to bring me something to drink. He sprang up and walked over to the kitchen. I laughed to myself. He is so sweet in a weird way. He brought it over to me and I took a sip. I placed the glass back down onto the wooden table. I turned to him.
 
“Hiei, your not human are you?” I stared at him searching for a clue. My goodness he had a good poker face.
 
“I am not human. I am a fire demon.” He stared at me.
 
“Well you certainly look better than that other one.” I gave him a weak smile.
 
I was getting tired. I closed my eyes and my body leaned against his. I could barely remember anything after that until I woke up again.
 
********
I wonder how Hiei and Hotaru are doing. The kitsune asked him self.
 
“Earth to Kurama.” Came Koenma's angry voice.
 
Kurama looked around Botan, Kuwabara, and Yusuke were all staring at him.
 
“Sorry, please continue.”
 
“As I was saying. There is a new threat. Stranger than before, it is in Makai. There is a group of S and A class demons causing havoc in Makai. The damage is already affecting the other realms. As you have seen the stray demons turning up more often. This is a real problem and I need you to take care of it. I fear that this is your…”
 
“Hardest case ever,” Yusuke sighed, “I know I know.”
 
“Yusuke I ask you take this seriously.”
 
Every single case starts like this why can't it be something not as serious once. The black haired spirit detective thought to himself.
 
“Yes I agree,” everybody turned to the kitsune.
 
“This can cause serious damage in all three realms. Ningenkai will be most vulnerable against the attacks; while Rekai has some defenses. As for Makai this unbalance is very damaging. It could cause the destruction of the three realms.”
 
The kitsune gave a long sigh. This is bad very bad. If we don't take care of this soon…I don't even want to think about the horror.
 
*******
 
Hotaru was leaning against Hiei, sleeping. The fire demon was busy reading a book on martial arts just to waste time. He turned and noticed that Hotaru had fallen asleep. He laid the book down and slowly lifted Hotaru into his arms. She looked so perfect in her sleep. The fire demon immediately scolded himself for thinking that. Stupid me, you shouldn't be thinking about that. The fire demon slowly placed Hotaru onto her bed and closed the door. Hiei walked over to the kitchen and took a glass of water, went over to the window, and jumped out. He gracefully landed on the concrete. I better make my leave quick, there's something going on, something big in Makai. Hiei set of towards an abandoned building and with a blur of black he was gone.
 
AUTHORS BLAH BLAH
 
Yes I do realize that this is going so weirdly and you have seen so many better writers he he he. ^__^ But it should get better as my writing skills improve! Stick around if ya want, if you're starting to hate it then go ahead I don't personally care. I just want to write and people to enjoy what I write.
 
THANK YOU! PLEASE REVIEW! REVIEWS MAKE THIS HORRIBLE PROCRASTINATOR HAPPY!