Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Memiors Of An Lost Soul ❯ Chapter1: Keep Smilingたくわえの微笑 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Strwberrii-Okay finally starting the first edition to my story. I do not own Yu Yu Hakusho, but I wish I did. Though I do own all my own characters.
 
--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--
 
School. Ugh, How boring. School always seemed to amaze me with how boring it could be. Day in and Day out. The same thing. Truly bothersome. Youth poured into the schools to be taught useless lectures that usually were never used in modern day society. Truly useless. I paid no attention in class. I found it pointless to pay attention when all I had to do was look at the board once and it was forever in my mind. My photographic memory paid off sometimes. I usually spent my time sleeping or daydreaming anyway, but don't get me wrong. I had one of the highest grades in my school. I just found it pointless to study when everything came naturally. I found no point in using extra effort to appease people that I cared nothing about.
 
Today was the same thing. I found myself drifting asleep as my Sensei dragged on. I wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, but I glanced at the board. I noted the equation in my head, and then proceeded to lay my head on my desk. I cushioned my head with me arms, and closed my eyes. I was about to nod off when I heard my Sensei call my name.
 
“Yamamoto, Kukiko! Since you feel like you don't need to pay attention what is the answer to this equation.” My Sensei yelled.
 
I didn't take my head off my desk to acknowledge him. I replied smartly, “X is 1/3 and y is 24. Anything else Oyaji?”
 
“How dare you speak to me like that? Out now!” My sensei hollered. I could tell he was pissed, but I really didn't care.
 
I lifted my head up and stared at him impassively. “Your face is red like a tomato.”
 
The class broke out in laughter as the Sensei's face turned a darker shade of red.
 
“OUT!” He screamed at the top of his lungs. I rolled my eyes as I lifted myself out my desk. I made my way over to the door and I stopped right in front of the door. I smiled softly as I turned my head, and looked at my Sensei.
 
“And Oyaji, you messed up problem number 3. X equals 65.” With that I exited the classroom. I made my way down to the Nurse's Office.
 
I entered to see a middle aged woman sorting papers. Her curly black hair was pulled up in a messy bun, and she wore a white blouse with a black pencil skirt. Her soft brown eyes focused at the task at hand as she spoke, “You really should stop getting kicked out of class you're a brilliant girl, and you're wasting you potential.”
 
“The Oyaji is a baka. He doesn't like the fact that I'm smarter than him.” I answered honestly. That Sensei had it out for me ever since I corrected him in the beginning on the year. It's not my fault he's the Sensei, and he should have got it right the first time. I chuckled as I remembered how red his face was when I pointed out his mistake.
 
The nurse stared at me for a second before returning to sorting her papers. She neatly packed them in a vanilla colored folder before sitting back into her rather large leather chair. She folded her hands together and looked at me.
 
“Even so, you're creating a bad reputation for yourself.” She smiled softly before shaking her head.
 
I walked over to a chair by the window. I sat down and stared out the window. I heard her chair move as the soft tap of her heels filled my ears.
 
“I'll be right back, okay?” The nurse informed me. I didn't reply back, but she knew my answer already. The soft tap of her heels died in the hallway as I continued to stare out the window. It was a nice day. The sun was out and the trees seemed to sparkle with a new light.
 
The bell rang for my next class. I dreaded gym. It's not like I was out of shape or anything, but my bitch of a step-imouto was in the class with me. I hated her with a passion. She was a spoiled bitch, and a nasty one at that. I huffed and tried to make a decision if I wanted to go to class or not. Then I remembered we had a relay today, and it was 60% of our grade. I really didn't feel like explaining to my Otou-san why I failed gym, and that bitch of an Okaa-san would never let me live it down.
 
I removed myself from the chair I was occupying, and made my way to the gym. I took a deep breath as I entered the girl's locker room.
 
“Look! The saru's here.” I heard of group of girls giggle. No doubt my imouto and her friends. I made no attention to them as I made my way to my locker. I proceeded to change into my gym clothes that consisted of magenta colored shorts and a white shirt. I hated the gym clothes. I hated anything pink in general. A loud squeal caught my attention as I heard my imouto talking. She was talking so loud the whole locker room could hear her, and at that she was bragging.
 
“I know. Shu-kun is so dreamy!” She giggled uncontrollably. “We're going out on Friday. He's the best boyfriend.”
 
I felt a hand touch my shoulder and I turned to its owner. I immediately recognized my best friend Hitomi-chan. She smiled at me as her large brown eyes glanced at my imouto, then back at me.
 
“I don't understand how you can deal with that.” Hitomi-chan chuckled. She ran her tanned hand through her long brown hair. She then proceeded to put her hair in a ponytail. I smiled. Hitomi-chan was the only person who understood me. We always understood each other. Our tanned skin always got us teased, but we made it through. We weren't Ganguro girls, but we constantly were considered as them. In my opinion I really didn't like Ganguro girls, and some of the Ganguro girls were darker than I was with a bad attitude.
 
I finished putting my clothes on and I waited for Hitomi-chan to finish putting her hair up. I gave a soft sign as another squeal pulsated through my ears. Honestly my imouto and her friends could be so ridiculously annoying. It amazed me sometimes. Hitomi-chan finished her hair and glanced at me.
 
“Ready?” She asked softly. I nodded and we made our way to the track field. Our Sensei stood waiting. It appeared that he was looking at the boys' running track.
“He's so fast.” Hitomi-chan said softly as she watched a red headed boy run ahead of the others. She stood in awe at the boy's speed. “And he's cute.”
 
I said nothing as I watched him finish in first. I knew of him, but I couldn't practically say I liked him. In my standards he was too much of a pretty boy, and his nice boy act wasn't fooling me. Minamono, Shuuichi. The boy that every girl at Meiou seemed to want. For some reason he just seemed to rub me the wrong way. It bugged me constantly, but something was very dark about him. Something he was hiding. I dreaded the end of the race as I watched the rest of the boys finish the relay. I found this race to be so pointless. It had no type of meaning. Only to make youth more obedient, but I had no choice. I had to do it. Our Sensei blew his whistle as he turned to our group.
 
“Line up on the track.” He ordered.
 
I made my way to the track and stood near Hitomi-chan.
 
“If you beat me I'll take you out for oden.” Hitomi-chan laughed. I smiled softly. She wanted to make a bet, and I was going to win. I couldn't give up a chance on oden. Umm, oden I loved it. My favorite food.
 
“You're on.” I agreed gingerly. Hitomi-chan was fast, but I was faster. I just never felt like trying actually. I found it so pointless. I got into my running stance as I wanted for Sensei to blow the whistle. My heart was pounding wildly in my chest as I wanted anxiously to get this race over with.
 
The strong ring of the whistle sounded out in the field as I quickly reacted. I paid no attention to the sea of faces that I passed by. My adrenaline spiked as I drew closer to the finish line. I don't even remember passing Hitomi-chan.
 
I made it to the finish line and glance back at the others. Everyone wasn't even done half of the relay. I heard my Sensei gasp and I turned around quickly. His eyes were wide with surprise, and his mouth was a gape.
 
“You…. You ran it in less than a minute. A new record!!! I never knew you had it in you!” Sensei praised, “You have to join the track team with you on our team we would be unbeatable!”
 
I stared at him. I was speechless for once, but I quickly recovered. “No thanks.”
“Man, you were gone!” I heard Hitomi-chan speak. “I never knew you were so fast.”
I walked away from Sensei to Hitomi-chan and laughed. “I ran a lot when I was a little kid. I don't really have a passion for it like you do.”
 
She gave me a goofy grin as she wiped her face with her shirt. “Seriously you're good. You should join the team with me.”
 
“I'll think about it, but less talking bout running. And more talking about the oden you owe me.” I licked my lips as I thought about the delicious food I would get as my payment.
 
--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__--__- -__--__--__--__--__--
 
Oyaji= Old man
Sensei= Teacher
Imouto= little sister
Otou-san= father
-chan= honorific used for familiar girls