Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ Hiei's heart breaks ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Weeks passed and still everyone searched. Mukuro and her men were not to far away from the guys, searching and researching large areas for any signs of Hiei’s ki, but the troops were losing faith in that their general was still alive.

As for the guys, they never lost hope. Everyday they would search for new leads and follow each and every one of them. And every night, Kurama would pray to Inari and every other god he could think of on behalf of his beloved.

Kurama's looks had hardly changed. The only thing that was different about the redhead at all was that his belly hanged over his belt a little. The child within had grown a lot over the past few weeks. Soon, it would be time to have it. There was only a week left. Kurama still hoped against every odd that Hiei would be there when the time came.

Then when they met a youkai in a small tavern, his hopes were lifted. The demon had lead the three teammates to a place where Hiei was seen entering. This time it seemed certain that Hiei would be found.

As soon as they arrived, six demons came out, killing the one that had let out their secret. Kurama took out his whip instantly, wanting nothing more but to kill every one of those demons very painfully, but both of his friends stepped in front of him. They also had their weapons of choice out.

"Kurama, go in and get Hiei. We will take care of them." Yusuke said to him, finding a subtle way of protecting his friend.

"All right, I’ll go get him. Be careful!" He called back, running towards the entrance. As he entered, Kurama thought things were *much* to easy. It only took him ten minutes to find, unlock, and grab his lover. With the unconscious, battered Hiei in his arms, he fled the building. When he came out he saw that help had arrived. Hiei's lord was here with her fleet of men. Yusuke signaled for him to run for it while they finished off the demons. Kurama nodded and took off.

Still holding Hiei tightly, he made his way to a forest. After searching the area thoroughly with his youki, he stopped running. He thought he was safe- that is until something hit him hard from behind. He fell to the ground on top of the still unconscious, but, thankfully, breathing Koorime.

He woke up to a lot of pain. Some was in his head, where he had been struck the day before. But most of it was in his stomach. This scared him.

The baby!! Inari, please let nothing have happened to it! he cried in his head. He flung off the blanket off of himself and saw, with to his horror, that his stomach had been cut open.

The child was gone.

He let out a cry of anguish. What happened? Where is my baby!!?

Slowly, he got up and dressed himself in some clothing he found on the bedside table. He needed to find his child. Hearing voices coming from that general direction, he walked down the hall. He saw that the voices were from his friends, his mate and the Makai lord talking, each looking battered and battle-worn. But that wasn’t what he noticed.

She was holding a baby! Relief, flowed through him at the sight of the child. It had to be his! Hiei's and his child was safe. Mukuro must have saved it. With a smile on his face, he went to greet them and thank the lord for her help.

"Konbanwa, Yusuke, Hiei, Kuwabara and Mukuro," he said to them, a giant smile on his face.

Everyone turned towards him after they heard his voice. His two friends had red puffy eyes and Hiei was giving him a venomous glare. Kurama felt very uneasy now. What’s wrong? What did I do?

"Kurama, we are sorry. A demon came up and cut your child from your stomach,” Kurama looked at him blankly, “Kurama, we think it’s dead," Yusuke finished, placing a hand on Kurama's shoulder.

"No." Kurama said, shaking his head, his eyes going blank.

"Sorry man, I know how much you wanted it," Kuwabara said, offering his condolences in his gaze.

"No," Kurama said, he was shaking, his voice wavering in panic.

"Fox, you should of told me you ate that damn fruit!" Hiei said, then walked off, seemingly mad.

Kurama's eyes followed him. Why’s Hiei so mad? Why’s this happening? Why?

"Mukuro is holding a baby," he pointed out, his voice hysterical now, in hope that this was just a sick joke.

"Yeah hers and...Hiei's" Yusuke said, looking down.

"Noooooooooooooooooo!" Kurama screamed, his hands going into his hair.

How could Hiei do this to him? They promised to never cheat again. Now his baby was dead and Hiei had another child with the lord. Kurama never truly trusted her. Now he felt so empty inside. His child was gone. But was Hiei also gone from him?

Hiei had fled his mate and friends. The echo of his fox’s grief hitting his ears. Hiei had lost a child tonight. One that he never even knew he was going to have. A child with his true and only love Kurama. He wanted to find who ever killed his child. His fist where to his side, the bandages smoking.

Hiei had woken up in Mukuro's bedroom. On her bed- the same bed where she helped get herself pregnant with his seed.

He felt dirty just waking up there.

Getting up he found himself totally nude. No, please she did not do it again, he thought. With no expression on his face he got dressed and left.

He didn’t get far, he heard a baby crying. He went and found Mukuro holding a small infant. Hiei couldn’t help but feel drawn to it.

Before she even said a word he knew this child was his- the black hair with a white starburst on its crown, blood-red eyes, and a face that was achingly familiar. Yes, the child looked much like a smaller version of himself. It looked up at him and batted it’s red eyes curiously.

"How do you like your son?" she asked him, a subtle note of victory in her tone.

"Hn," was all he could say. Mukuro had told the truth. Here was the proof that she was pregnant with his child. His… K’so!

He remembered that had yet to tell his fox!! He knew he had to. Tonight he would leave his and Kurama's apartment for good. The next time he would see his love would be when he comes back to life in the Makai.

Two voices could be heard. What where Yusuke and Kuwabara doing here? Hiei listened to what they where saying while staring at his son's face.

"How are we going to tell him?"

"I don't want to."

"WE have to we are his friends."

"Shrimp should tell him then."

"I doubt he knows anything yet. Or that he is even awake."

"Kurama is going to be so sad."

“*sigh* I know that."

"He wanted this child so much"

"I still think we should just walk in and tell him. Better us than anyone else."

Hiei was very confused by their conversation. He told Mukuro he would be back and left the room. He spotted the two friends not that far from him. Hiei was looking distant as always.

"Hiei you are awake!!" Hiei raised an eyebrow.

"How you feeling shorty?"

“You will explain to me what you to were blabbing about."

"Um...I am not sure if we should."

"Tell me know detective or I *will* kill you," he said in a tone guaranteed he was telling the truth.

Then Yusuke explained to him every thing. Kurama and the baby and how they found the fox bleeding in the woods next to Hiei. His stomach had been cut open. Then how Mukuro took them all to her palace and healed the kitsune.

Hiei took it all in. Kurama had been carrying his child. But how? He asked them that. The oaf explained about a fruit. Hiei remembered it as soon as he started to talk about it. All this time, and he was going to have two kids. One he had no intention of creating and another with his life mate.

But that child of love had died- having been torn away and possibly killed or eaten. Hiei's arm was smoking at the thought. His mind was thinking about what the child might of looked like. Did it have those same green eyes that had held him in their grab? The same flame-red hair that only his lover had. Or did the child look like him? Maybe it looked a little like both. It may even of had his mates Youko side. Hiei could feel himself getting closer to tears than he could ever remember.

Kurama should of never set foot in the Makai till after it was born. WHat was that foolish fox thinking?

Then he saw Mukuro come out and introduced his friends to his son. His child that had survived.

Then he saw shock and anger be placed on his team mates faces. Hiei payed them no mind. But soon another voice brought him out of his thinking over what might of been. He was angry at him.

How dare he come here and look happy when their child had been killed!! Hiei flung out something meant to hurt him and stalked off. Now he was in a tree listening to the sobs of his love. One that after today he would never see again.

~Mukuro’s POV~

I couldn’t believe my luck!! Hiei will never know now that this child isn’t ours. I had found a child that was my dear beloveds. Though at first, I was not going to take it. But then I thought why not? He had Hiei for a long time. It was my turn. If Hiei had found out about his lover’s son she would never see him again.

So she took the child and had her men swear to tell no one. Now she would have the family she wanted.

Hiei, herself, and their child.

It was a pure blessing that the child looked nothing like his other father. No he looked just like Hiei. His powers she were surely to be of fire. Just like its brave, strong, handsome father. Yes things were looking up.

She almost smiled when she heard the grief stricken fox cry out. Youko Kurama the heartless was getting his heart torn apart.

She excused herself from the group, smiling as soon as she was down the hall. Now to see to her precious child.
************************************************************************ *************************************************************************** ***************************************************************************
Ok folks let me know what i can do to improve this fic!! Really now i need feedback!! So if you read it please drop us a reveiw!!