Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ The end of their story ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

His red hair was hanging limply in his face. Both of his friends were trying unsuccessfully to calm him down.

Tears were still making salty trails down his skin. His green eyes showed the pain tearing him apart. His heart was calling out for his mate. He knew that Hiei and himself would have to talk.

Kurama got up and brushed his tears aside, gaining control of his emotions. He grimly told Yusuke and Kuwabara that he had to talk to his lover alone. He found Hiei in a tree not far from the palace. The fox went to it and called up to the smaller demon.

Hiei didn't want to have this conversation, not right now. But...it had to be done.

He got off the tree and faced his redhead. He could see the sadness shining through his emerald eyes-the look of grief and utter sadness. He knew that after this, his fox would never be the same. It would rip out his heart. But what else could be done. Hiei had a son to think about.

he then told Kurama the very last thing he wanted to hear.

"Kurama, I am staying here with Mukuro," he said.

"For how long?"

"Till my son is able to defend himself. I want my son to never feel unloved as I did," he said.

"So, you're leaving me, is that it?" Kurama said tears threatening to spill. But he wouldn't allow it.

After all he did still have his pride.

"We can no longer be together. Go find a ningen to be with." Hiei said.

"We are bonded or did you just forget that?" Kurama said, getting mad.

"Like I could forget that!!" Hiei, in turn, said onto him, hurt by the contempt in Kurama's voice.

"My child comes first. Go and be with those ningens you love so much," Hiei said.

"Hiei, I hope you understand what you are doing!! If you do this I wont ever forgive you!!"

"I don't need you to. I have Mukuro and our son now." He said, having enough, then left.

Kurama felt alone and utterly hopeless. He ran to the gates back to the Ningekai. He was now alone. He had nothing. He just lost the only being that truly mattered to him.

~The baby's room~

Ok, hmmmm… this is weird. I can no longer hear my mother's voice. I had come to love to hear him singing to me when I was still inside him. His gentle alto voice telling me how much I was loved, how grand my daddy was.

The women who is holding me now is telling me how much she loves me, and how we will be a family with my daddy. My red eyes take everything in. The room has lots of thing for me to look at once I can move my limbs more. But as of now, I can only crawl. K'so. I guess I picked that up from the few times I heard my daddy's deep bass voice.

I saw my father for a few minutes and he looked shocked to see me. I wonder if he is with my mother right now? All these thoughts go away when the nice woman starts to rock me to sleep while I am drinking a warm bottle of milk. I was so warm and comfortable in her arms. Even if she is not my mother, I can tell she means me no harm. I drift off to sleep.

~Hiei~

After my fox ran away from me, I felt a great need to see and hold my son. But when I found him, both he and Mukuro had fallen asleep in a rocking chair.

Seeing them like that was nice.

Today is the beginning of my new life with her-a life dedicated to my son. I just hope that our friendship- I knew I could never love her- can be worked out. I won't trust her alone with me for a while, but we have to spend a lot of time together. Yes, I will just forget how our son was conceived.

After all, before then, Mukuro was a close friend and I still respect her. Anything for my son.

I made a decision, as I look into his face, so peaceful and sleeping- one of the most important things in the life of his son.

I love you, my son. And I promise…I will always be here for you.