Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ Trying to move on ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
~One Month Later~

Hiei and Mukuro named their son Hikuro. The child now a full month old was able to act much like a year old human child, even though it was as small as a six-month old child. Hiei loved his son with all he was. The child had won his devotion without even trying.

Hiei spent most of his time with the ever-questioning child. The boy wanted to know how things worked, if they broke, where people were, and why they did what they did. He was always into something. His speech was developed near where a human toddler of the age of two would be.

Mukuro, who loved the child she had stolen as her own, had once thought the child lost. She searched around her palace and found the child in the yard near some trees and flowers. Hikuro said it was nicer there. He curled up to the tree and fell asleep. She stood near him and watched him sleep, remembering that this was the tree she had often found Hiei in when he had first come to live with her all those years ago.

Hiei and Mukuro soon fixed their friendship. Mukuro still hoped for more, but Hiei just hoped that he could teach his son to love and care for others like his fox had done to him. He often thought and dreamed of his fox. He was sure that the fox had moved on, at least he hoped so. The last thing he wanted was for something to happen to his fox. Hiei had come to the conclusion a week ago he should just forget about him.

Not that he wanted to, but it just seemed that he had no choice.

Now it was night and Hikuro was sound asleep, dreaming of plants, flowers, and running through the forest. In his dreams, a silver fox was there and his mother’s voice was singing him a song.

Hush my baby
sleep tight my love
tomorrow we will be together
follow the path
the one to dreams
and make unsaid wishes come true
sunlight wakes you
in my care
my loving arms await you there

By now, Hiei had gotten to the point where he had to prove, more to himself than to anyone else, that he was over Kurama. Mukuro had told him that she was more than willing to move their relationship a step further, and left her door open to him to do just that. So tonight, he went there to prove to himself.

He found her in her bed. She was more than willing to make love after little more than a few kisses. Soon, they were caressing, thrusting and moaning in pleasurable love, coming in the same moment. But the name Hiei shouted at his climax stunned, hurt, and angered the lord.

"Kurama!"

~Ningenkai~

Week number one found a very sad and hardly eating Kurama. He didn’t take showers unless his mother forced him to.

Week two, he wasn’t saying a word to anyone unless it was hurtful, and he was surprisingly good at coming up with hurtful things. Not to sound heartless, but that was probably from too much time with Hiei.

During week three, all he did was sit and stare out at nothing. He was weakening every day.

But by the end of week four, the body of Minamino Shuiichi was lying on the ground, unconscious and dehydrated.

He was rushed to the hospital after his mother found him on the floor of his apartment barely breathing. His pulse was weak and he was in need of a bath. His long, red hair hung limply in a sweaty, greasy ponytail.

His bones could be seen underneath his pale skin and dark circles were under his now-dull emerald eyes.

Shiori could tell her son had given up on life. But what could have caused it? And, more importantly, what would bring him back?
--
~Kurama’s POV~

Shuichi, will you listen to me now?

About what?

You know, that stupid fire demon.

Why should I?

Why should you let one bastard of a demon control you, when you could have your pick of anyone? Of better demons, or better ningens for that fact.



You’re thinking about it!

…So?

So do it.



Shuichi…

You’re right. He’s not coming back. So why should I let myself go to waste?

My point exactly.

And then, I opened my eyes and started to rebuild my energy stores. I was now determined to live on with out that traitor of a demon. Shocking even my other half, these words drifted from my lips.

“Fuck you, Hiei. I will find someone much better than you, you stupid little half-breed.”