Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Mukuro's lie ❯ First family meal and time to talk ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
He sat the table with all the food and his best dishes, a set from the Makai that Hiei had given him a few months ago when he came home. It was beautiful, accented along the rim with paintings of dragons and roses, and made of the finest porcelain. To drink he made tea, which waited in a matching kettle to be poured into matching teacups. Kurama, hoping to lighten the mood of the evening for Hikuro, went and made sure there was a tub of ice cream waiting for the two demons in the other room. He had a sneaking suspicion that Hikuro would share his daddy’s weakness for sugar…

As he neared the doorway, he heard them still talking about the Ningenkai. Hiei was trying to convince Hikuro that the Ningenkai was…okay. Which was sweet considering the fact that Hiei hated the Ningenkai himself. He listened in to hear what was said.

--In the room--

"Daddy!! I want to go home!!"

"This is our home. I should of never left it," Hiei said, sounding surprisingly wistful.

"Hn!!!! I don't wanna!" Hikuro had apparently inherited his father’s favorite saying too.

"Listen, you love your mother right?" Hiei asked, coming to kneel in front of his son.

"Hai,” Hikuro said grudgingly, knowing he was probably getting himself into a trap.

"Then do this for him. We will live here, and he may even show you off to his mother. I know that, for the time being, we all will live here. But after his human mother, Shiori, dies; we all will be returning to the Makai," Hiei gently explained.

"Promise?" Hikuro said after a few moments consideration.

"Hai."

"I love you, Daddy," Hikuro said, hugging his daddy.

"I love you also Hikuro. You and that Baka fox!!" He said sadly, returning the hug, then pulling away to ruffle his son’s hair.

--In the hall--

Hearing those words out of Hiei's mouth was like learning that your death sentence was removed. He would soon have everyone he loved back. They would all be happy together. Of that, he was sure.

"Dinner is done," he called to them, pushing away his happy tears.

Both his son and his mate came out. Kurama lead them to the dinning area. Kurama watched as the food began to disappear into two very hungry mouths. Even he had to admit that this was the best meal he had had in a while.

After the main meal was done, Kurama went and brought out three bowls of ice cream. Setting them before them he saw Hiei smile, his eyes lighting up excitedly.

"Sweet snow? Thank you, Kurama," came the words form his demon.

"Is it good, Daddy?" asked the child, who staring at it oddly, and poking it with his spoon.

Hiei had already begun to eat his, "Hai!"

Hikuro ate a tentative bite, then instantly fell in love. He devoured the contents almost as fast as his father, leaving some evidence on his checks. With his ruby eyes ablaze and an innocent smile on his lips, he asked for more. Kurama got up and gave more to both of them, knowing that the tub of the Ningenkai treat would be gone before morning. He then sat back and enjoyed watching his son and his mate eat. Both looked so happy, it almost made it easy to forget that things were not always like this.

A very sticky child looked up at Kurama after devouring four bowls of ‘sweet snow.’ He needed a bath. Kurama scooped him up and carried him to the tub. Unsure if the child had inherited his taste for water or Hiei’s, he took a guess and made the water hot. Hikuro than asked if it could be cooler, so Kurama ran a bath at the temperature that he would take.

Hikuro jumped in with his clothing still on.

Now, the child was splashing in the water. Kurama took off his shirt and then his pants while Hikuro tried to throw water at him. Uncaring right now about a mess, he began to splash water back into his son's face. Thus a water fight began. Then, after a wet, but fun while, Kurama washed his small body with his soap. Then his hair, with the baby shampoo Hiei liked to use, being careful despite the ‘no tear guarantee’ to get any in his sensitive demon eyes.

Getting a fussy child out of a bath is never fun. What makes it worse is the youko blood that runs through his body. Youko's in nature love to play in streams and lakes. Kits frolicked in them all the time. But this was not a stream and Hikuro needed to get to bed.

Kurama had taken out one of the shirts he bought for Hiei that he did not care for. It was a light blue t-shirt, just the right size to fit Hikuro as a nighty. Kurama put it on the boy as soon as he was dry.

Soon Kurama tucked the child in his and Hiei's bed. The child was a true blessing- one that Kurama was glad to have. He kissed his forehead.

"Time to sleep," he told him, brushing his clean hair gently.

"Mommy, sing me our song first please?"

Kurama smiled and began to sing:
Hush my baby
Sleep tight my love
Tomorrow we will be together
Follow the path
The one to dreams
And make unsaid wishes come true
Sunlight wakes you
In my care
My loving arms await you there

Soon the small crimson-eyed child was asleep. With one last kiss and another memorizing look, Kurama left. He found Hiei on the couch looking at old pictures. He went over and sat next to him. Hiei was looking at pictures taken when they all first became friends with Yusuke and Kuwabara. In almost all of them, Hiei was either scowling or looking away. In one of them, he was up in a tree being harassed by the others to come down.


Hiei looked up at Kurama. To the youko’s shock, his eyes were anguished- a dark, almost black shade of red. Then his mask slid on, and the stoic Hiei returned. Kurama mentally wished himself luck.

It would be a long night.
************************************************************************ *************************************************************************** *************************************************************************** ******************
one more chapter after this!! Oh and then the new adventure starts!! For those who ae falling in love with Hikuro there will be a side story of when he meets Kurama's mother for the first time. It will not be under my name but my best friend and co Author Robin!! Her user name is Hiei's pheonix girl. She has relly great stuff! Bye