Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Friend, My Brother, My Lover ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing.

A/N: Okay I finally got at least one review, and because of that one person I must continue. I really hate it when writers don't finish a story. So I'll try to finish this one, it just might take a while. For now the rating is R only because of language which means the F word will be used at least once. I've never written a lemon so if I do write one that I feel is satisfactory I'll post it.

Title: My Friend, My Brother, My Lover

Rating: R

Pairing: Yusuke/ Kuwabara

Type: AU

Summary: Two friends spend an eternity with each other. They know each others secrets and past, in fact many consider them brothers. In a small town where anything can be expected two boys learn that love can be found in any package, even in one's best friend.

Chapter Two

There he was the infamous Kazuma Kuwabara, the guy with the biggest heart known to man, greatest protector of Ardmore, was washing dishes in the Urameshi's pub. It wasn't as if he worked there that was hardly the case. In fact, it was a wonder that he was even in the pub at one in the afternoon. Usually at about this time he was painting or fixing something, somewhere in the town of Ardmore of course accompanied with his partner, his sister, Shizuru.

In was a known fact in Ardmore that Kazuma was hardly ever seen without his sister during the day. It was that way since the day they arrived all those years back, when both children were newly acquired orphans of the church. During those days Shizurz was the one with the big mouth, defender of their name and her brother at the same time. For the longest time the town of Ardmore thought the Kazuma was a mute. That was until that faithful day when the Urameshi family went to one of the church's many fundraisers. It was the Kuwabaras' second year living at Ardmore and not one word had passed through Kazuma's lips.

At the time Shizuru was eleven and Kazuma was five. Their jobs at the fundraiser weren't supposed to be anything but them being them insisted on helping. Therefore Shizuru was serving punch, with a very quiet Kazuma next to her handing out cookies. The Urameshi family wasn't known to come to town functions often what with them having to run the pub and all, but that afternoon was different. There they were the whole family of five as if it was a normal sight for them to be there. A bored ten year old Hiei went to mope in a dark corner as was his way, an eight year old Kurama went to admire the paintings that were being auctioned, and the four year old Yusuke went where most small boys would go straight to the refreshments table. That's how it started with a small Yusuke waiting to get punch and cookies. Of course when a small child sees another small child handing out sweets it's only normal to also want to be near those sweets. That's exactly what Yusuke did. He saw the "mute boy", as Kazuma was being referred as by the town's people, giving out cookies and Yusuke just thought if he was doing it why couldn't he? So he got out of line and went under the table to where Kazuma was standing.

Poor Kazuma didn't know what to do, but one thing was for sure he wasn't about to let some little kid take his responsibility. When Yusuke tried to take the plate of cookies from Kazuma, Kazuma did the normal thing and slapped the offending hands a way. Yusuke being Yusuke did the natural thing for him and tackled the "mute boy" to the ground. Next thing everybody in the church knew two little children were rolling around in a whirlwind of fist, legs, and even teeth. When suddenly a scream of:

"It's my job!" broke the fight, and left a flushed Kazuma and wide eyed Yusuke sitting on the church floor.

"You can talk."

"I...It's my job."

Was all that was said before Kazuma stood back up and went back to his station. Later that night Father Peacock took the two Kuwabara siblings to the Urameshi pub for the first time.

If Kuwabara wasn't with his sister than he would be spotted with Yusuke, but that was mostly during school hours. Most residents of Ardmore wouldn't have said anything if Kuwabara was at the pub, but the absent of Yusuke did turn a few heads, and even bothered some so much to want to stop and talk with him, as was the case with the aqua haired angel known as Yukina.

"Hello Kazuma."

"Oh hey, Yukina. Whatcha doing waiting for Kurama?"

"Yes, we have a date tonight."

"Again? I swear Yukina I don't know why the two of you don't just live together. I mean it's not like you're not engaged."

"I know, but you know how my parents are, they say it's tradition to stay at home with them until the wedding."

"Well you know if it's tradition maybe it's wroth it."

"How did I know you would side with them?"

"You should've known I would've sided with them tradition or not. Your parents are just like you, I can't deny them anything."

"Kazuma you can't deny anybody. Your heart is just too big.'

"Don't remind me.'

"Why not? It's the thing I love most about you. It's nothing to be ashamed of."

"Are you sure? It's not something Urameshi would say."

"It's a wonder you still listen to him. You, better than anyone else, would know how he is. After all he's like your brother, but don't tell him I said that."

"I know what you mean. He's such a jerk though; you wouldn't believe what he told Kurama this morning."

"About the love thing? I know Kurama told me on my break. Poor Yusuke."

"Don't feel sorry for him yet. Like they say anything can happen in Ardmore. Besides girls are throwing themselves left and right at Urameshi, he's bound to fall for one of them."

"Probably. But what about you Kazuma? How is your love life?"

"Shh! Yukina don't be so loud. You know you're the only one that knows about that."

"You mean about you being gay? If I didn't know better Kazuma I'd say you are a shamed. Don't tell me your still in the closet."

"No it's not that Yukina. For fuck sake I kissed my first boy at twelve. It's just like I said only you know, well besides Shizuru. Which means I don't want anybody else to know until I tell Urameshi. It's only right, after all he is my best friend."

"I respect that. Only thing is I already told Kurama, but don't worry he won't tell anybody. Oh well he won't tell anybody besides that guy we hooked you up with to go on a double date with us next Saturday."

"You what?!"

"Hm. Oh sorry Kazuma I wasn't listening I just saw Kurama. I'll see you later. And Kazuma wear something nice on your date okay?"

"Like I have I choice."

A/N: And that's that. I hope you all like this chapter. I'm not making any promises, but I'll try to have another chapter out soon. To get a few things cleared I am aware I was calling pub hub in the first chapter, but like I said I suck at spelling and grammar. (And if I didn't say it I'm saying it now.) Now I know some people are thinking "Kuwabara was only three when he went to the church what could he say?" Three year olds do make some noise and most do start talking way before than. Well that's all I have to say, please review, bye 4 now.