Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Friend, My Brother, My Lover ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing.
Warning: This story is YAOI, and if you don't like it than I suggest reading another fic. Also, the main paring will be Yusuke and Kuwabara it's just taking a while. Prepare yourselves your major character OOCness. Lastly, I am terrible at grammar and spelling so try to over look the mistakes.
Chapter Seven
 
He was not jealous, the way he reacted to Kuwabara's dismissal was completely rational, or at least that was what one named Yusuke Urameshi believed. It was well after the hours the pub had closed and Yusuke still could not sleep thanks to his tell all brother Kurama. He couldn't believe Kurama would say such a thing about him; especially when it was in relation to Kuwabara. Anyone who knew him and Kuwabara wouldn't have said the way he behaved that night had anything to do with jealousy; in fact it was more of a protective reflex. Yusuke was like that since he was little; anything that he felt needed protecting he would protect, particularly if it belonged to him. Not that Kuwabara belonged to him, but he was Kuwa's friend first and he knew Kuwabara would need his help against that Sensui guy. There was something about Sensui that Yusuke didn't like; for one thing he was not there that night for business, and secondly he was too old to be Kuwabara's anything the guy must have been like fifty. Besides if it was for business he should have gotten in touch with Shizuru; she was the older one after all and she did own the business.
 
The thing that really bothered Yusuke the most was that Sensui had Kuwabara forgetting about his responsibilities, his promises. During all the years of friendship between him and Kuwabara; not once did Kuwa break a promise. Although if Yusuke was being honest with himself, the truth was that it hurt him that Kuwabara would bail on him. Kuwabara had forgotten about him and Yusuke didn't want to be forgotten by Kuwabara, he needed him, Yusuke wasn't himself without Kuwabara.
 
To be honest he couldn't remember a time before he and Kuwabara became friends. In the past he was always referred to as the youngest Urameshi or the troublesome one, but after he and Kuwabara became friends things were different. Yusuke was able to get out of his brothers' shadows thanks to Kuwabara. He and Kuwabara made a name for themselves and not by being delinquents; sure they got in trouble from time to time but it was never much of a big deal. Not many people knew it was his best friend who encouraged him and kept him in line with the authorities. If it wasn't for Kuwabara's “honor code” Yusuke knew he would have been expelled from school his freshman year. It was also Kuwabara's doing that made him become a chef.
 
When he was younger, Yusuke was always afraid to do anything that wasn't consider masculine, but unfortunately he had a soft spot for cooking. No one knew he loved to cook, not even his family. When ever his parents would stay late at the pub Yusuke would make dinner for his brothers before they came home and say their mother had cooked it. When his brothers would compliment the food Yusuke would swell with pride. Kuwabara was the first person he cooked for knowingly.
 
He remembered they were about eight and Kuwa was staying the night; Yusuke pulled out all the stops that night, he even baked a home made chocolate- chocolate chip cake. He really wanted to impress Kuwabara with something since Kuwa was already getting into fixing things. After they had eaten Kuwabara told him he should be a chef, but Yusuke just waved him off saying only girls cooked. Yusuke didn't know that such a small comment would get such a violent reaction from his friend. Kuwabara had jumped on him and started to shake him saying that only small minded idiots thought that only girls cooked. Because if that was true than only boys could fix things, and that wasn't true because Shizuru fixed things all the time and she was no he. After Kuwabara had exhausted himself he stopped shaking Yusuke and laid on top of him staring him in the eyes. Yusuke will never forget what Kuwa told him,
 
“Urameshi I know you're not that much of an idiot. Everything you made today was good and if you keep cooking you're only going to get better. If you like doing it than just do it because you should be thinking only about you. Don't think about what everybody else thinks because after they taste your food their all gonna be asking for more. Okay?”
 
There really wasn't much Yusuke could do except nod and say okay. The day after he told his parents and as they say the rest was history. It's strange though; as Yusuke remembered the incident and also the way Kuwabara acted that night his mind couldn't help but linger on the way Kuwabara felt on top of him. He wondered what it would fell like now if Kuwabara sat on top of him with his legs spread on the sides of his hips and his face flushed…it might be nice4 was Yusuke Urameshi's though as he drifted off to sleep.