Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Friend, My Brother, My Lover ❯ Chapter Nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I own nothing.
 
Warning: This story is YAOI, and if you don't like it than I suggest reading another fic. Also, the main paring will be Yusuke and Kuwabara it's just taking a while. Prepare yourselves your major character OOCness, and there may be some offensive language. Lastly, I am terrible at grammar and spelling so try to over look the mistakes.
 
Chapter Nine
 
By nature Yusuke Urameshi was a suspicious man, some might have even called him paranoid, but in the end of every doubt Yusuke Urameshi was always proven right. When he was a boy he knew every winter Kurama would be the first child in his family to be sick. After Hiei and Keiko had gotten married Yusuke knew that after a year of marriage they would expect a baby. And Yusuke knew it was only a matter of time before Yukina ended up in the same family way as Keiko. So when he found his best friend freezing on his doorstep he knew something must have been wrong.
 
When something was wrong with Kuwabara, Yusuke knew it was only a matter of time before something was wrong with him. Of course Yusuke's survival instincts kicked it and he tried his hardest to stall Kuwabara, if he distracted Kuwabara long enough eventually he would forget, and the world of Yusuke would remain untilted. Unfortunately his best friend seemed to be determined, that not even pancakes would distract him. Even though Yusuke was expecting news of some sort, when Kuwabara threw the words “life changing” he couldn't help but freeze up. Kuwabara wasn't known for being overly dramatic so when he said something was going to be life alternating he knew to believe. And so Yusuke Urameshi had prepared himself for the worst.
 
“Life changing huh? Well it must be good, so spit it out.” Yusuke hurried out.
 
“When you say good, it can be, I guess. It's just really important that I have to tell you. Truthfully I should've told you first, but I was scared. And you know me Urameshi I'd rather jump off a bridge before admitting I was afraid of anything.”
 
“Right I know that.” Yusuke was starting to get a little more uneasy, his restless feet was proof enough.
 
“Yeah well…you're my best friend. If it wasn't for you I'd probably still be a mute orphan or something.”
 
“Yeah right. We both know your big mouth could never stay shut.” Yusuke tried to joke one of his most famous defense mechanisms when feeling uncomfortable.
 
“Don't interrupt me Urameshi or I'll chicken out. I just want to let you know that ever since we were kids you've been a big part of my life. We're like brothers and I really appreciate that connection. So I hope that whatever happens we can please keep it like that. Because I'm not going to make you make any promises. I hate when people do that and I won't become a hypocrite right now.”
 
“Damn Kuwabara just spit it out. You're making me all anxious.”
 
“Right I forgot. Okay remember some weeks back I had a meeting with a guy named Sensui?”
 
“Sensui? Tall guy with millions of wrinkles? I remember the ass.” How could he not remember him, just mentioning his name still got Yusuke's blood boiling.
 
“He doesn't have wrinkles, Urameshi. He's only twenty six.”
 
“Whatever. What about him? He do something to you, he need to be taken care of or something?” He could only hope he did, Yusuke would love an excuse to pummel the guy. There was just something about him that pissed Yusuke off.
 
“He didn't do anything wroth fighting over. Let me star over. Okay have you ever notice how you go on more dates with girls than I do?”
 
“That's cuz you're picky. I tried hooking you up with Botan before she started to date Koenma, but you ditched out.”
 
“Urameshi I am picky, but not about what girl I want to date, it's more like what person I want to date. You get me?”
 
“What, you want to date two girls? Damn Kuwabara I didn't know you had it in you.” And here he thought Kuwabara was going to change the world according to Yusuke.
 
“Damn it Yusuke! Listen to the fuckin' context clues would ya? I said person damit! As in change in gender, as in not girls but boys! Men to be more specific!”
 
Yusuke could only look at his friend in shock as the red head jumped out of his seat turning redder with each exclamation, turning pale as soon as he was finished. While Kuwabara made himself clear Yusuke couldn't wrap his mind around it. If what Kuwabara was saying was true than that would mean he was gay. There was no way Kuwabara was gay that's the kind of thing one notices about their best friend. Besides Kuwabara wasn't all limp wrested and high voiced, he was Kuwabara and definitely not gay.
 
“Sure you are, gay I mean. Hell I'm gay too and I'm pretty sure Hiei is maybe even Father Peacock. Fuck you're so full of shit Kuwabara. Gay yeah right. Now that that's out of your system I'll make breakfast than we'll go out to do something. I got the day off and I feel like we haven't done something in weeks. Sides my birthday's coming up, the big one nine, and I need to tell you what to get me.”
 
When Yusuke looked at his best friend he had to keep himself from apologizing. The look on Kuwabara's face was one of anguish and disbelief but Yusuke couldn't believe Kuwabara was serious.
 
“Urameshi you can't be serious. You really don't believe me.”
 
“C'mon Kuwabara you don't expect me to believe that? I've known you for a long time, I would know if your gay and you're not, so stop messing around.”
 
“Yeah you've know me that's why I expect you to believe me when I'm telling you the truth. I don't lie so you know I'm not lying about this. I'm fuckin' serious and you go into denial. Look I'm gay, I have been for a long time and I'm never not going to be gay. You need to get yourself together cause everybody's expecting you to be at my house tonight. If you got some questions ask one of your brothers cause to tell you the truth I don't want to be near you right now.”
 
The tone that Kuwabara addressed him with was well known but was not well used. Kuwabara only talked to someone in a calm whispered manner when he was extremely hurt and pissed, and knowing he was the cause of Kuwabara's mood made Yusuke feel like a traitor.
 
“Kuwabara wait a minute.”
 
“No. Just leave me alone for right now Urameshi. I got other stuff to worry about and I think I already spent too much time here. I'll see ya.”
 
There really wasn't anything he could do but watch his best friend leave him a lone in the kitchen. Yusuke knew he screwed up but he didn't know how to fix it. Well he did know how to fix it but he wasn't sure he wanted to. He didn't want Kuwabara to be mad at him but if he apologized than that meant admitting Kuwabara was gay and he couldn't be. If Kuwabara was gay it meant acknowledging things, like the hope in his heart and the anger over Kuwabara's first attempt at conversation. He didn't want to think about what Sensui had to do with Kuwabara, because in the end Kuwabara was still he's best friend, his brother and there was no way he was going to let Sensui into their lives.
 
A/N: Just a little note I changed Sensui's age in chapter three from twenty-three to twenty-six for two reasons. Someone motioned his true age in a review and also because I think it fits the characters a bit more. I like the drama.