Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ My Naga Knight ❯ Chapter 14

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Notes: I know I said I would put this on hold until further notice, but I am completing a chapter. All it takes is one review sometimes to make me look back at it. lol Enjoy
 
Sorry for my lack of writing lately. I've been mentally abused at work to the point I just come home, and I am too tired to work on anything. I am trying to get better.
 
----------------
 
The rain continued relentlessly throughout the coming hours. The Kalrune Village was armed heavily with soldiers of Eytheria. They knew that when it rained this heavily serpent demons would come out in great numbers as they found the rain to be as soothing and welcoming as the warm sun's rays on a nice summer day whenever they were together. Two of the knights guarding Kalrune stood side by side just in the center of the village. One of the guards groaned in disgust at the oncoming rain.
 
“I hate it when t he weather is like this.” The guard had narrow, blue eyes and some visible scars on his face, which revealed his age to possibly be around his mid to late 40s. “I don't see why we have to waste our time here when the attacks on villagers are rare.”
 
“You know as well as I do that the serpent demons come out in great groups to destroy anybody who gets in the way of their feeding,” the other guard felt need to remind the other on patrol with him. “I cannot count how many domestic animal carcasses alone I find at farms and out in the wild after days like this.”
 
The elder guard looked off to the side, sighing through his nostrils in an irritated fashion. “Come on then,” he grumbled as he walked onwards down the mudding road. “I guess we might as well do what we are paid to do.”
 
The serpent demons behind the abandoned graveyard of Kalrune were enjoying the weather as they all remained against one another, allowing the rain to tap upon their shimmering scaly bodies. Most were intertwined with one another to share in the rainy weather and remain warm while others were comfortably resting in their nests belonging to their clan's side. The only pair that didn't join the large gathering of serpent demons were the wind serpent Jin and the soon to be expecting Silver.
 
Jin had coiled himself around the sleeping Silver to let the worried female know he was still there beside her. He had his chin resting against her neck with his arm draped over her naked form. When he felt Silver stir slightly against him, Jin opened his eyes slowly to gaze down at the slumbering woman. His crimson scales rubbed against her soft blue. Silver appeared to be moaning in her sleep a bit, her face slightly contorted in discomfort. Jin raised his chin slightly off of her neck, moving his ears forward at the sounds she made.
 
“Silver,” he whispered to her, grabbing onto her shoulder closest to his hand to shake her. “Silver, what is the matter?”
 
Silver moaned once more as she batted her eyes open to find the slight pain a reality. She moved her hand down slowly to her stomach to rub it a bit. “My stomach is hurting.” When she witnessed Jin's eyes widen and gaze down at where she had her hand placed, she shook her head. “Not by much. I am fine, really. I think I am just hungry.”
 
Jin unraveled his serpent half from Silver to part from her, heading towards the door of the shack. “I will be right back. Let me get you something to settle your stomach.”
 
“Be careful,” Silver advised eagerly. “With the weather like this, the iron men are out there in packs…”
 
He could hear the worry in her tone. His hand was upon the rickety doorknob of the old shack only to have his fingers slide off of the wooden knob as he turned back around to make his way over to Silver. Bending down, he kissed the worried serpent demon upon the cheek before gracing her with a smile. “I promise I will. Do not worry about me.”
 
Silver found comfort in his kiss as she smiled wearily back at the wind serpent. The door closed to indicate she was alone once more, it didn't bother her as much as before as she rested her head back down on the aged, filth covered pillow to continue to rest until Jin was to return.
 
Jin made his way quickly through the forest in hopes of finding something quickly for Silver to eat. His swift movements alerted some of the slumbering serpents though they figured it wasn't anything to be distressed over as he was silent while passing through. One of the alphas ruling along the higher nests resting along the mountainside about the graveyard was alerted by his movements.
 
The alpha was concealed by the darkness, making it difficult to make out his features except for his deep green eyes, which pierced through the night. He turned to look over at one of those residing in his nest to give a simple nod to the male serpent demon before quickly crawling down the mountainside.
 
When the smell of iron was strong thanks to the many knights patrolling Kalrune, Jin kept himself low to the ground as he tried to make his way through the human village to the nearest chicken farm usually kept in such small towns. He was aware that during such weather most animals would be difficult to find, so he only had the human's domesticated animals to sate Silver's hunger.
 
He was quiet as he used the dusk to hide while making his way through the patrol of guards littering the village. Inhaling through his nostrils, Jin picked up the smell of the chickens causing him to hurry over towards the chicken coop he could see in the backyard of one of the houses within the Kalrune Village. He was halfway there only to stop quickly upon spying two Eytheria Knights stationed not too far away from the building. He stayed against the building to the left of him, allowing the shadows caused by the two houses about him to conceal him better in the darkness of the night. Come on, he pleading to himself. Move away from there!
 
Thane happened to be one of the guards there that night as he looked about the starry sky only to shift his attention about the village, which was so eerily quiet except for the rain and the cries of the demons outside of the boundaries of the town. He remained calm though frowned with a shake of his head at the horribly noises filling his ears. “This is one of the reasons I detest night patrols.”
 
With the rain tapping upon his armor, the knight next to Thane could almost barely hear his companion's words. “Don't tell me you're scared. That isn't a good trait belonging to an Eytherian Knight.” The man next to Thane had blond hair as well, though it was slightly longer. The helmet piece the man wore covered most of his tresses though the front strands were damp against the knight's armor gear. He was probably a little bit older than Thane was, one could only assume by how young he appeared to all the other elder knights.
 
The words given to him caused Thane to look over at his partner for the nightly patrol. “I am just worried, Kale,” Thane admitted. “I have been taking care of those Cormac girls seeing as they are now orphans, and they have a rather nasty serpent demon problem it would seem.”
 
Kale chortled as he gazed at Thane from out of the corner of his eye. “Ah, so that is where you have been hiding afterwards, eh?” His armored hand closest to Thane rested upon the young man's shoulder. “So you may have actually found somebody, hu?”
 
Thane knew Kale was just joking around with him. It was only in his friend's nature to be a jokester at times to help the time pass by quicker. “That is not why I go there!” Thane insisted though he couldn't deny the fact he was blushing at the thought of Blythe. “Anyways, the Cormac Farm is in distress lately, because of a barn fire they had. They lost a good majority of their livestock as well as their parents.” The admitting of that caused the atmosphere to become gloomier than before. “I left them for the night with this woman from the Eytheria Market Place named Lily who offered to help them when she could, but I still cannot help but grieve for them and worry.” He turned to Kale who was listening with a serious frown upon his face. “I am trying to get the farm back to normal with what connections I have, but the same thing could happen again if those serpent demons keep coming back for more of their livestock.”
 
Jin listened in on the two knights' conversation, making his entire body falter at being reminded of the charges he was left with by the dying Pearl. Remembering that night of Pearl dying in his arms as she pleaded with him to watch over and protect her daughters, he closed his eyes whilst shaking his head at himself sadly.
 
“Why don't you just ask the Captain of the Guard if you can relocate to the Cormac Farm?” Kale asked seriously. “I am sure he would be willing to reassign you.”
 
Thane sighed as he cupped his forehead in his hand. “I don't know if he would or not. He gives those areas to the patrol that watches over the main transportation roads on horseback, and that is for those more experienced than I.”
 
“I am sure things will get better, Thane,” Kale assured with a warming smile. “Come on; let's continue our rounds for tonight. Standing in one spot obviously does little good.”
 
The young Thane agreed as he followed behind Kale, leaving the house Jin was eyeing from afar.
 
Jin was still focused on what he had promised Pearl once he watched the two knights leave. “Pearl,” he whispered to himself. “I am sorry, but I have to do this first….please forgive me.” The redhead made his way towards the chickens in the pen he saw up ahead.
 
The chickens within the pen saw the demon soon towering upon his serpent half with a subtle hiss as he tore open the lock to make his way inside where the startled birds were being held. The door creaked open as Jin moved it. Once inside of the chicken pen, he used his sharp, venomous nails to kill some of the white feathered birds before moving into the coop to sniff out the chicken eggs he knew Silver would like as well. Squeezing his way through the door, he hissed and snapped at the domesticated creatures to make them leave their nests, so he could have the eggs they were protecting.
 
The chickens were creating quite a riot, which caught the attention of Thane and Kale as they weren't too far from their previous post. Thane looked over his shoulder with Kale as well, both bewildered by what was causing that noise. “What is going on?” Kale wondered only to have Thane suddenly take off towards the chicken coop they were at not too long ago. “Thane!”
 
Thane ignored Kale calling his name as he hurried back to where they were. Chickens don't get that upset unless some beast is after them, he thought to himself as he clutched his sword, which he pulled from the sheath. Thane hurried quickly to the pens to find the birds running around like mad, their feathers falling off as they flapped furiously to get out of harm's way. The young knight stopped just outside of the chicken coop to see the last bit of the serpent's tail hanging out from the birds' house.
 
The knight was a little hesitant to attack by himself, but he was furious at the serpent demons with all they had caused to the Cormac sisters. Thinking of Blythe, he kept his sword close to him as he hurried into the pens with a battle yell at the unsuspecting demon. Without giving Jin time to react, Thane sliced his blade across the demon's serpent tail.
 
With the knight's blade cutting through his tough skin a bit, Jin hissed in pain as he pulled himself out of the bird house to hiss and claw at Thane only to stop for a moment when he recognized who it was. It's that knight…! He exclaimed mentally to himself. Jin knew he wasn't allowed to fight Thane at that moment, but he couldn't die there either at the cost of his blade. He dodged the sword that Thane swung at him, wrapping his tail about the knight's wrists to make him drop his weapon upon Jin squeezing the human's wrists tightly.
 
“GAH!” Thane cried in pain as he was forced to drop the sword.
 
Jin listened to the blade splash within the mud before unbinding Thane's wrists to use his tail to pick up the weapon by the hilt. He examined it before bothering to stick it tightly into the earth where nobody could pull it out.
 
The thunder bellowed as the lightening struck, lighting up the dark features of the serpent demon before the Eytherian Knight. “It is you…! You're that demon that keeps causing problems at the Cormac Farm!”
 
He listened carefully to the human's words, raising his brow ever so slightly though keeping his ground. “Kèlgak, dèn mèhn, gèk!” Jin said in demonic not wishing to speak in English. He knew it was always better to have the humans believe that most demons were mindless beasts who couldn't speak in their tongue.
 
“Thane!” Kale yelled as he made his way over to the warrior, finding him cornered by the serpent demon. The knight stopped in his tracks, knowing if he got too close he might wind up in the same situation. He reached over his back to grab his bow as well as an arrow to aim at the redheaded demon. Releasing the arrow, Kale let it fly through the air and land on its mark in Jin's side before reaching for another.
 
The arrow piercing through Jin's tough skin made the demon hiss in pain though he was quick to pull it out causing his demonic blood to pour forth from the wound. It wasn't before long that Kale released another arrow at Jin causing it to pierce his arm this time. He felt forwards, breathing heavily against the mud, which now caressed part of his face.
 
“Thane!” Kale called once more as he hurried over towards him once Kale saw he brought the demon down. He made his way to his friend's side. “Thane, are you alright!”
 
Before Thane could hope to answer, roots seem to steadily creep up both the knights' legs to grab onto them tightly and keep them anchored where they stood. “What the hell!” Thane exclaimed as he tried to get out of the root entrapment.
 
With the humans entrapped, the serpent demon, who followed behind Jin, slithered quickly towards him. “Get up!” The voice demanded in demonic to the slightly unconscious Jin. “You have to get up!”
 
Jin could hear the voice though his elfin ears could only retrieve it as distorted as he tried to come too. His weary blue eyes made there way upon the towering serpent demon who had come to his rescue. He couldn't make out anything at first until the lightening flashed behind the unfamiliar demon to see, long red hair upon the beast. “Who…are you…?”
 
“My name is Kurama. I am the alpha of the earth nest,” the demon answered as he helped Jin up. “I have to get you back to the group!”
 
With the injuries he had sustained, Jin was unable to stay awake much longer causing him to pass out in Kurama's arms.
 
Silver remained within the shack, worried for Jin as the hours seemed to pass. Her stomach was still paining her from hunger, but she ignored it after awhile as she got up to pace back and forth in the decrepit building. “Where is he?” She wondered aloud to herself. “He should be back by now…!”
 
The door soon flew open startling the young Silver as Kurama pulled the unconscious Jin in with him. Silver couldn't help but panic as she saw and smelt the blood dripping from her wounded mate. “Jin!” She screamed as she hurried over to him and Kurama. “What happened to him!”
 
“He was attacked by the men in iron,” Kurama announced with a grunt, helping Jin to the bed, so he could start working on the wind serpent's wounds. He unwrapped his tail from a woven basket he brought with him through the downpour, plopping it down near the door. “He was trying to steal from Kalrune Village, and Jin was caught.” Right away Kurama tried to use his energy to heal the open wound on Jin's side. “I brought back some of the chickens and eggs he wanted to steal for you. It is in that basket. Just let me worry about him now.”
 
Silver knew that she should eat, but the stress and worry now placed on her body and mind made it difficult to even consider. She quickly made her way over to Jin's bedside. “I can't eat now…I want to know he's okay.” Silver could feel the tears now streaming down her face, blaming herself for Jin's injuries. He could have died because of me, Silver thought to herself. He could die…
 
Kurama could hear Silver's sadness worsening as he looked up at her quickly from the arrow he was cautiously removing from Jin's arm. “He is going to be alright, Silver,” the earth serpent assured her. “They didn't pierce anything that could kill him.”
 
The fair haired demon woman merely nodded as she moved the dampened strands of Jin's hair away from his face.
 
 
 
 
It would be an hour before Jin would be fully bandaged and on his way to recovery. He remained out in slumber regardless, tossing and turning from the nightmarish images starting to steadily flow through his mind. The fire of man seemed to burn through the nests belonging to the serpent clans behind Kalrune Village. The screaming of those burning alive and dying from battle wounds started to overwhelm him causing beads of sweat to creep down his face. The most recognized scream was Silver's. He could see her clearly in his mind as she was backing up in the flames with fear written on her face, the flames lighting her features clearly in the dark.
 
“Jin…!” She whimpered as she pulled herself backwards in fear. “Jin-JIN!” When she screamed once more, the flames in his mind seemed to engulf her to the point it forced Jin quickly awake with a hurried inhale.
 
Silver witnessed as Jin finally woke making her relieved though fearful of the agonizing expression he had on a moment ago. “Jin, are you okay!” She asked, holding onto his left arm gently. “My goodness, I was so scared for you!” The thought of him dying on her once more caused Silver to cup her hands about her mouth as she wanted to hide her quivering lips.
 
“I'm okay; I'm okay,” he promised the saddened Silver as he gripped tenderly onto her wrists. Jin was still in slight pain when he moved, but he kept the feelings of it at bay. He left his fingers about Silver's trembling wrists to pull her hands from about her mouth. “Do not worry about me.”
 
“You nearly died because of me.” Silver couldn't release the guilt she still placed on herself over the situation Jin was within. “I am so sorry…”
 
Jin cupped the side of Silver's tear, dampened cheek to help guide her into the soothing kiss he planted upon her quivering lips. “It is my job to make sure you are okay,” he said upon parting from the kiss. Jin slid his fingers through her long, stringy white hair cascading down her naked body. “Speaking of which, how are you feeling?”
 
Silver reached up to hold onto Jin's hand, bowing her head slightly at his words to her. “I haven't eaten yet. I was too scared to consider it.”
 
The wind serpent's soft smile turned into a worried frown. He wasn't sure how long he had been out to cause Silver's worry. Jin sighed, gazing off to the side to think back on what happened that night. “Oh, I failed, and I didn't get you anything to eat.”
 
“No, no,” said Silver quickly with a shake of her petite hands. “Kurama brought some of the things in that you managed to kill last night.” Her scales rubbed against the dusty floorboards as she made her way over to the basket the earth nest alpha left behind on her behalf. As she worked on bringing the basket over, Jin seemed to be thinking about the name presented to him.
 
“Kurama, who is he exactly?” Jin inquired softly between the two of them.
 
Silver situated the basket of chicken eggs and blooded chicken carcasses over to the bed she shared with Jin. “He is the leader of the earth nest. He is good with healing.” Pulling back the basket's cover, she reached for one of the chicken eggs, which seemed to be calling out to her.
 
“I know that, but why does he have special powers?” Jin was curious as he thought he and Touya were the only special serpent demons with any control over the elements. “I thought it was impossible to be granted such a gift at birth.”
 
The pregnant serpent demon had to wait a moment before responding as she had just swallowed one of the eggs whole. “What do you mean by that?” Silver managed to push the egg all the way through her throat and down to her stomach. “You and your friend have special powers, don't you?” Silver witnessed Jin nod. “Didn't everybody as well from where you came from?”
 
Jin shook his dampened hair, which still slightly clung to his face. “No, only a selective few could have control over such things.” Recalling Touya, Jin began to wonder exactly where his friend was. He was beginning to worry even if it would probably take him awhile to return with whatever news Touya was to give Jin. Silver could tell something was on his mind as she continued to eat what was salvaged during Jin's run.
 
“Is something the matter, Jin?” Silver asked, her hand touching the side of his cheek to bring his attention back to her.
 
He wrapped his fingers about her wrist once more to pull her hand from his scaly cheek. Jin brought her hand over to his lips to kiss her upon the palm of her hand. “I am just thinking. I promise I am alright.” He kept a tender hold onto her wrist, bringing her over to his body, so he could embrace Silver and kiss her suggestively. The crimson scales and soft pink underbelly began to slide their way over Silver's to embrace her with his serpent body.
 
Silver reached up to cup the side of Jin's face, closing her eyes to enjoy the deep kiss he was given to her. The taste of his warm breath relaxed her, Silver sliding her tongue over Jin's with a pleasure filled hiss. She felt Jin lowering her down to the musty bed they shared. With Jin above her and her lying contently on her back, Silver slid her hands gently up his bare back to bring the wind serpent closer to her. “Take me as you did,” Silver practically begged within Jin's elfin ear. “I want to know you are here with me…”
 
His ears catching her words, he set his sights upon her with a toothy smile to her. “I will do whatever you want me to, Silver.” With Jin positioned perfectly on top, he began to rub himself eagerly against Silver's concealed opening, which soon began to waver open. His forked tongue came forth to slide tenderly against the pallid skin of the female demon to taste of her fair skin. With the feel of her moving against him a bit faster, Jin couldn't help but winch due to the injuries he had sustained during his run into Kalrune. Hearing him wheeze in such a painful way made Silver stop as she saw the agony evident there in his expression.
 
“I am sorry…!” She exclaimed breathlessly. “I am so sorry! I forgot about your injuries…!”
 
Jin shook his head at her worry even though the sweat now creeping forth was him trying to suffer through the pains. “N-no, I can do this, love.” He rested his sweaty forehead against Silver's to try and regain himself as he looked her lovingly. “Shhh now,” he whispered, kissing her lower lip tenderly. “Just kiss me.”
 
Silver was hesitant but did so regardless, cupping the back of his head.
 
The rain continued to tap furiously against the shack they were within. Regardless, it soothed them both as they enjoyed one another's company that night. The howling of the wild wolves and the demonic echoed throughout the full mooned night adding more music to the rainy evening. It bothered the serpent clan very little though putting the humans who heard their cries in a state of worry.
 
Blythe was one of the many who heard the howls of the demonic wolves, making her shiver there within the farm house, gazing out beyond the dark window dripping from the rain, which mated with the glass. Lily could feel the tension within Blythe's worried inhale making her turn her head slightly to the frightened young girl.
 
“They are just enjoying the moonlight,” Lily explained calmly with a tender smile upon her face. She continued to stir the soup she had made for the two girls listening herself to the musical cries of the demon wolves Lily had come to find majestic in sound.
 
“They are coming to feed…,” Blythe said with terror as she backed up upon the creaky boards beneath her, shaking her head at Lily.
 
Lily twisted her nose at the young farm girl. “No, they are not. They are just howling at the moon they find to be energizing when it is full.” She pulled the wooden spoon from the soup pot to taste of what she had made so far to find it had finally come to perfection. “Well, the soup is ready.” Cautiously Lily pulled the pot from the stove before feeling her way about the kitchen to bring down some of the plates, handcrafted from merchants at the market town. “I am sure if the people of Eytheria didn't misunderstand the beasts surrounding our lands, there would be fewer attacks on both sides.”
 
“How do you know this?” Blythe asked confused. She had the basket of bread still in her hands. Upon realizing this, she placed it down in the center of the table finally before bothering to brush her palms against her dress.
 
Lily chortled, “My father also studied wolf demons. I guess I forgot to mention that one.” Gracefully, Lily sauntered over to the center table, stopping inches from it as if she saw it to place the bowls of soup she held in her hands down at certain locations on the table. Her glazy sight was fixed straight ahead at the opposite wall. “Please fix them for me.” Lily knew she probably placed the bowls in the wrong locations, not familiar with their table setting yet.
 
Blythe took the bowls and put them where there was an empty seat. “Okay, there, everything is ready. All we need now is…” She couldn't help but pause, looking up the wooden staircase, thinking of Neda, her sister. When Lily said nothing and her face void of any emotion, Blythe sighed. “Do you want me to go get her?”
 
Lily nodded quickly. “It would be best as she doesn't have a liking to me right now.”
 
The elder Cormac sister sucked in her lower lip, biting it out of nervousness as she headed up the staircase. Blythe was aware that Neda was upset and not wishing an audience with anybody at the moment, but she couldn't allow Neda's attitude to continue or it could cause her to lose her only family member. Her fingers gripped onto the dress she wore, raising it out of the way of her boots as she made it to the upper level of the farm house.”Neda?” She called as Blythe made her way to their bedroom, rapping her knuckles upon the woodwork to get her sister's attention. “Neda, it is time to eat.”
 
Nobody answered from the other side causing Blythe to worry.
 
“Neda, are you there?”
 
“Yes, and I am not hungry!” Neda snapped quickly from the other side of the door.
 
Blythe sighed almost in defeat at her sibling's reaction. “Neda…Neda, you have to eat.”
 
“Just leave me alone and let me sleep!” Neda was buried within her bed's covers, tears streaming down her face as she just wanted to lie there and be hidden from the rest of the world. She was tired from everything that had been going on. It made her feel as if the world were against her.
 
Blythe had gotten to the point where she knew arguing with her sister was always a bad idea considering how fragile Neda had become lately. Lowering her hand and her head slightly, Blythe made her way back to the staircase to slowly descend it. Lily was already at the foot of the stairs, trying to hear what was going on.
 
“Well, what did she say?” Lily asked as her ears couldn't pick up the muffled words spared by the depressed Neda.
 
She folded her hands before her as the elder Cormac made it to the last step, bypassing Lily. “She is not coming. It is just the two of us for tonight.”
 
Lily allowed Blythe past her though continuing to gaze upwards with a worried expression written upon her face. Jin, where are you? I really could use your help…
 
 
 
 
When the rain had finally stopped in the middle of the night, Jin found himself waking up from the slumber he was within, curled up next to Silver. Seeing that Silver was sleeping peacefully, he smiled down upon her, running his fingers through her white strands. He placed a tender kiss upon her cheek before uncoiling himself from her, covering Silver's body with the sheets in place of his own form. “I will be right back, love,” Jin whispered within her ear.
 
Leaving the small house, Jin made his way back up to the Cormac house. He had felt guilty ever since overhearing the humans speaking of the farm and the two girls left within it to survive on their own. Jin had promised Pearl he would watch over them, and now he felt terribly guilty for not doing so to begin with.
 
Lily had fallen asleep within the rocking chair that night after dinner was over. Her right hand rested over her lap while the other hung loosely beside the chair. She was aware the girls were safe and sound asleep upstairs, so she wasn't worried over them for the coming hours.
 
Remaining close to the ground, Jin made his way to the window facing to the north, peeking inside to see clearly that Lily was there within the Cormac house. He gazed back and forth quickly to make sure the girls weren't up before tapping on the glass of the window to get Lily to let him in.
 
The tapping sound was soft at first, causing Lily to sleep right through it until Jin got a bit louder the second time. “Mmm…hmmm…?” She mumbled, rubbing her glazed over eyes. “Who is there?” Lily got to her bare feet with her hand outstretched before her so she could make her way safely to the window. “Who is there?” Lily asked once more in a demanding tone.
 
“Lily, it is me,” Jin said in a hushed tone though loud enough to make it through the window.
 
“Jin!” She exclaimed softly, pulling the window open to speak better to the serpent demon. “Where have you been! I could really use your help!”
 
Jin grabbed onto the windowsill to pull his heft, scaly body over the wooden pane and into the humans' house. “I am sorry, but I got injured trying to take care of the female serpent I have been with lately. The guards caught me at Kalrune, and they pierced me with their weapons. I was out for awhile. I am sorry.”
 
Lily continued to gaze blankly ahead, worried, however, for the wind serpent's condition. “Are you okay?” She asked, reaching her hands out once more to touch of his face before scrolling them down to his chest and then his sides to find one of them bandaged. “You were bandaged?”
 
“Yes, an earth serpent did that for me,” Jin said with a slight wheeze upon Lily touching his wounds, which had not completely recovered. Once he had enough of the pain, he gently grabbed onto Lily's wrists to stop her from touching them anymore. “So what is wrong? What is going on here?”
 
Shaking her head in disappointment, Lily sighed somberly. “It is Neda. She won't eat and all she wants to do is sleep. She really needs somebody to feed her, or she may die.”
 
Jin's serpent body slithered about upon the floor slowly as he looked upwards at the dark staircase. “I will take care of her.”
 
Confused, Lily grabbed onto Jin's upper arm to prevent him from going any further up the stairs. “You-what? You cannot be seen by her, Jin. She still thinks you are the one who killed her parents.”
 
“I have taken care of her before when she was asleep,” Jin explained as he pried away from Lily. “She didn't recognize me as she was dreaming.” He then stretched out his finger to lengthen the nail upon it. “And if she tries to wake, I can put her back to sleep myself with my toxins. Bring me the dinner you made for her. I will get her to eat it.”
 
“I will.” Lily brought her hands together before her breasts. “Just, please, be careful…”
 
His serpent body swayed back and forth as he made his way up the stairs to the girls' bedroom. Cautiously he opened the door, peeking inside to find the two fast asleep in their beds. Jin made his way quietly over to Neda's bedside to find her facing towards the wall with her hands curled up near her face. Rising up on his serpent half, he leaned over the human girl's body to see she looked much skinner than before. Cautiously, he slid his hands under Neda's form to bring her close to his chest. “Come here, you,” Jin whispered, helping her into his arms.
 
Neda moaned as her body was moved. She was too tired to open her eyes due to not eating well that night or the ones before for that matter.
 
Lily came up a little while later with the meal she had previously reheated. “Jin, I have come with her dinner.” She balanced the bowl of soup on the tray along with a slice of bread. Staying near the doorway of the room, Lily was hesitant to move. “Will you guide me? I do not know this room.”
 
Jin slid his python length body over towards where Lily was standing, not moving from where he was positioned besides Neda's bed. He lifted his tail up to her wrist to embrace it gently. “Follow me,” he beckoned from across the room.
 
She followed Jin's pull upon her arm, stopping in front of the serpent demon. “Do you know how to feed her now?” Lily inquired while leaning down a bit so Jin could get the soup.
 
“Yes, I can try to,” said Jin as he accepted the soup, keeping Neda against his right arm to rest her head upon. Taking the silver spoon into his right hand, he dipped it into the soup to bring close to his own lips to blow upon it. Realizing it would be difficult to open her mouth and have her drink it down, Jin rubbed is finger against her lips in attempts to have her open her mouth. Neda moaned irritably, turning her face to the side slowly not wanting to be bothered. “Shhh, shhh,” Jin whispered against her hair. “You need to eat, Neda.” He paused for a moment wondering what else to say to make her eat. His ears shot up a bit at remembering what she called him last time. “Neda, your father would really like it if you'd eat.”
 
Hearing that word, Neda only opened her eyes slightly before closing them once more. “Daddy…?”
 
“Yes, now come and eat for me.” Jin guided the spoon to Neda's lips knowing she was half awake. With the feel of the silver utensil against her mouth, Jin watched as she finally took the food into her mouth wearily. “There you go. Good girl.”
 
“She calls you `daddy'?” Lily asked between the two of them.
 
“Only when she's half awake or dreaming,” Jin explained continuing to spoon feed the tired Neda. “She just recognizes I am a male is all, and I am sure her father is the first person to come to mind.” With the next spoon full of soup, Jin noticed that Neda didn't want to take it in entirely causing some of it to pour out the corner of her mouth. “Oh, oh,” the redhead whispered to himself as he caught the warm soup on the spoon to clean up her face.
 
Lily heard Jin causing her to worry a bit. What happened?”
 
“I just accidentally missed her mouth there. I got some of it up.”
 
“Use my apron,” Lily insisted, tapping her free hand upon the white fabric hanging before her front.
 
Jin took the fabric close to him, wiping Neda's mouth a bit. “Thank you, Lily.” He put the spoon back into the empty bowl, placing it back onto the tray Lily still held. “She is finished. Do you want me to help her eat the bread?”
 
“She should be fine now.” Lily reached down to grab onto the bedcovers to bring them down a bit more past Neda's stomach. “You need to help her digest. I don't know how long she's gone without eating well. If she eats too much, she may throw up.”
 
Jin shrugged with confusion. “What do you want me to do?”
 
“Rub her stomach, and make sure she doesn't throw up,” Lily advised as she turned carefully back around to make her way to the kitchen.
 
With Lily leaving the room, Jin began to do as he was asked. The palm of his hand met with Neda's stomach area to start rubbing it tenderly yet firmly. “You need to keep that down.” Jin rested his chin upon the wild, stringy hair of Neda. “You need to feel better. I promised your mother I would make sure you were both okay. Don't make me let her down…”