Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ One Night ❯ Suicide ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

One Night
 
Chapter Five: Suicide
Tama looked around a bit ashamed. “Um,” discomfort consumed him. “I should probably leave now.”
“Yes you should,” said Kurama.
“If you value your life, you won't return,” threatened Hiei. Tama hastily grabbed his shirt off the floor and ran for the door.
“Um call me sometime,” he added before he left.
“Oh she won't be doing much of anything for a while once I'm through with her ass!” shouted the koorime out of sheer anger. She began stepping towards her daughter.
“Wait kaa-san! Please let me explain!”
“Oh, you're done talking!” Her youki began to rise drastically. Kurama reached out and put his hand on her shoulder.
“Hiei at least let her explain love.” Hiei glared death at her fox.
“Arigatou father,” she replied. “You see, I've been seeing Tama since I was 16. I was hoping that tonight he would claim me as his mate and mark me. Just as you did to kaa-san.”
“But Tetra,” he father interjected. “Ningens don't mark their lovers, they do something… different.”
“I am aware of that. Living in Ningenkai my entire life has taught me the differences between the two races.”
“So what you're saying is that this `Tama' is a youkai?”
“Well, yes, but he's different from all the-”
Her mother cut her off. “Oh, that's even better!”
“But kaa-san! I'm almost 18! I'm done with school and I'm not a little kid anymore! I can make my own mature-”
“Having sex is not a mature decision! Tetra, you may almost be 18, but you are not mature enough to make those kinds of decisions! I was younger than you and look what happened! I made a mistake. You've proven to me that you are weak and you need more training. We're going to have an intensive training day tomorrow as you're punishment. We start at 4 in the morning. Now put your damn clothes on!” Tetra dressed herself quickly in order to avoid her mother's wrath.
“Tetra,” said Kurama. Her emerald eyes lifted to meet his. “You are forbidden from speaking to Tama. You won't be able to see him anymore.”
“Father, you can't… do that!”
“I just did.”
“Be lucky we're not disowning you,” Hiei stated coldly.
Tears filled her eyes as she got up and ran past her parents, past Yusuke and Kuwabara, and out into the darkness of the night. She left a trail of red tear gems all over the house.
“Tetra!” called Hiei.
“Um, did we miss something?” questioned Kuwabara.
“We have to follow her,” said Yusuke. “She could be hurt or-”
“Leave her be.”
“Koenma?” they all turned to see the little god in his teenage form sitting with Lilac and Yukito.
“She'll come back soon, or she won't come back at all. We need to discuss something about Tetra. She's been doing things we weren't aware of, but it's not her fault. She's become the object of an evil youkai out for revenge. Yukina informed me of her discovery yesterday.”
“What kinds of things?!” shouted Hiei, still outraged. Yukina entered the room from the back garden.
“Would you fill them in on your findings?”
“Hai. You may want to sit down.” They all found a sit and took one, except for Hiei who remained standing. “The reason why onii-chan is still in this form is because someone is convincing Tetra that her life is not worth living. She is being told no one loves her and that her very life is hurting the ones she loves. For a week now, I've seen something in her eyes that made them look dull, as if she wasn't the one who was thinking. I went to talk to her about it yesterday, but when I entered her room,” Yukina fought back her tears. “She was lying unconscious with what looked like a blade of grass buried deep into her stomach. If I hadn't walked in, she would be dead!”
Kurama looked shocked and turned to look at Hiei. Kuwabara got up and held his wife, while Yusuke looked into his lap. Hiei fisted her hands and looked at the floor. A chink was heard as a black tear gem hit the floor.
“Where did I go… wrong?” Kurama went to hold her, but she ran before he could.
“Koenma are you sure?” asked Kurama.
“Hai. I got a paper on my desk this morning, but I forgot to tell you about it. Though now your new case is… Tetra.”
“Damn,” uttered Yusuke.
 
The Forest Behind The Temple
Tetra had changed from her koorime form to her kitsune form in order to run faster. She had stopped when she was deep in the forest behind the temple. In her kitsune form, she had flowing shoulder length red hair, with crimson red eyes, and red ears and tail. Whichever form she took, she was always beautiful, and always looked forbidden. Her tears began to slow as she rested against a tree. Her eyes glazed over as she heard a voice.
You're an accident.”
“No I'm not!”
Yes, you are. They don't want you. Why don't you end your pain and theirs? Hmm, that way everyone will be happy.
“Yes,” she mumbled as she grabbed a blade of grass. “No more pain.” Focusing her youki into the blade, she turned it into a very sharp dagger. Slowly raising the blade to her chest, one last tear fell from her eye. Just as the blade was about to pierce her chest, a loud call echoed throughout the forest.
Spirit gun!” Yusuke's signature attack destroyed the dagger without hurting the girl.
“Yusuke-san?” she questioned as she quickly jumped up. Suddenly vines grabbed her and tied her to the tree. She tried to will them off, but the wouldn't budge. “Father?”
She saw her family walking up to her. Yusuke, her uncle, and her father, but where was her mother? They all looked at her with concern. “What's going on?!”
“Tetra,” said Hiei appearing from no where. “Why didn't you tell us you were hearing voices?”
“You wouldn't understand.”
“Dammit Tetra, you're my child! You know I would understand! Because of this now, we have to watch over your every move!”
“Nani?”
“A youkai is after you, trying to get revenge on me. They're going after you because, you're my only child, and I love you with all my heart. I would do anything for you.”
“Kaa-san…” Tears threatened her vision once more. “I love you too.”
The vines released her and their lives slowly returned to normal. Tetra no longer heard the voices and crime rates in Ningenkai were going down.
 
In Makai
“Tama,” said a manly voice. “Why have you not brought me the child of my adversary?”
“I don't know who your adversary is sir,” came his reply.
“His name is Hiei. You better bring me his cub, otherwise, I will destroy you. Do not fail me again.”
 
(A/N: I didn't really like this chapter, but I needed a filler chapter. This leads up to the mission that deals with Hiei and Kurama. In other words, this chapter is pretty much pointless, but there is a couple of things that stay. Not much, but a couple. Expect the next update by next Friday. I do it this Friday, but I have a dentist appointment.)