Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Outside Looking In ❯ An Unspeakable Truth ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Eight: An Unspeakable Truth
 
 
The entire room was filled with silence as Mika tried to explain that the brown angry cat in her arms was actually her best friend.
 
“Damnit. Kohana, would you help me out?” Mika growled at her best friend. The cat looked at her and meowed.
 
“As your Royal highness, I command that you transform and stop playing these games before I fry your fuzzball ass!” Mika yelled. The cat hissed and then jumped off of Mika's cradled arms. Quickly, Kohana materialized in front of the tantei.
 
“Wait. Did you say Royal highness?” Kuwabara asked as he stared at the golden angel girl. Hiei flitted back into the room and looked at the girl.
 
“That explains it.” Hiei said. Mika did not want to look at the scarlet eyed boy, but forced herself to glare at him. What makes sense?! Stop with these riddles! Mika rolled her eyes. Hiei glared back at her.
 
“Oh, we have a guest!” A voice said from the hall way. Genkai peeked into Mika's small room to see the entire gang cramped in.
 
“I think we should sit and talk about this. There are a few key points missing Mika.” Kurama said. Mika looked at him and inwardly hated Kohana for making her out herself like that. It was a selfish thing for the cat to do.
 
“Fine.”
 
# # # # # # # # In The Dining Room # # # # # # # # # #
 
“Start from the beginning.” Botan asked nicely. Mika punched Kohana as the girl sat down. Kohana glared at Mika.
 
“I'll do it. Because she's too much of a pain in the ass.” Kohana said. The gang looked at her and than at Mika, who glared and did nothing to protest.
 
“Mika is the Princess of the Darkness Demons. She herself is a Light Demon. Only Darkness Demons can produce Light Demons, and it is very rare for them to do. However, during the time that Mika was born, and even to today, Light Demons are hunted down by the Darkness Demons. You see, Mika's family sent her to the Ningenkai because they feared for her life--” Mika cut Kohana off.
 
“They abandoned me! Don't even try to sugar coat it! They didn't want me to get in the way of them ruling the kingdom! Don't lie about it! Just accept it Kohana!” Mika yelled. Her eyes were dark and brooding and she was so far into her own pain that she didn't realize the empathy flowing from a certain fire demon sitting across the table from her.
 
“My family and another family were nominated to protect her, but because my parents aren't citizens, we cannot adopt Mika. The other family does not even live in Japan. It has been difficult to keep track of Mika. She's tempermental and she's stubborn. She won't always tell you the truth, and if you tell her not to do something, she does it anyways.” Kohana continued, outlining all the points that should piss Mika off, but she found that she didn't care anymore. I won't be alone in a week. I won't be this person anymore. I will have Kenji, and possibly another brother too. I wish I had kept that man here… Mika didn't pay attention to the rest that Kohana said. She basically told the housemates that Mika was obsessive, loyal, and fierce. It was true too. I am that way.
 
“So your only goal is to find your brother Kenji, who is the heir to the Darkness Demon Kingdom?” Yusuke asked. Mika nodded. She liked the way he spoke to her. Level. She never felt like she had to bump up against him to make him understand what she wanted. Her and the red head had that problem. He didn't understand her. But he had been right about her judging too fast. And his touch was warm…Mika brushed those thoughts out of her head.
 
“If this little meeting is over, I have better shit to do than to sit around here and try to bond.” Mika said as she got up from her seat and walked off into her room. Kohana looked after her and when she was sure that the girl was out of ear shot, she cleared her throat.
 
“You cannot let her go to her brother. It will result in terrible tragedies. Demons will start dying for no reason. My people have reason to believe that she is the Atrus Key for the Darkness Demons. If they get a hold of her, and sacrifice her, she could wipe out entire portions of the Makai at a whim.” Kohana spoke seriously and had everyone's attention. Yusuke looked bothered by the new bit of information.
 
“Is there anyway to stop it? I mean, can we just take it out of her or something?” He asked Kohana. The cat demon looked at the boy and sighed.
 
“Don't you think that if we knew that we would have done that? I would die for my Princess, but even my people do not know how to access the Atrus Key from her. She doesn't even know.” Kohana said. Her eyes were sunken and she looked tired. Keiko stood up and startled everyone.
 
“Kohana, why don't we make you a bed in the next room so you can stay here and get some sleep? You look awfully tired.” Keiko suggested. Kohana smiled and thanked Keiko.
 
“Yes. That sounds wonderful. Jaganshi, may I have a word with you?” Kohana asked Hiei. Hiei eyed her suspiciously. He did not like the story of the girl's powers or her life. It was too familiar with his own. Kohana led him away from the group so that they two could speak privately.
 
“I need you to use your empathy powers on her.” Was all that Kohana said that made Hiei walk away.
 
“No, onna.” Hiei felt the cat demon attack him from behind. She wrapped her arm around his neck and held her nails to his throat.
 
“If you think I won't sacrifice you to save my Princess, you are sadly mistaken. You will use them. I don't care how you get to her. Take her over if you have to. I'll deal with the damage. I need to know what she is keeping inside.” Kohana said determinedly. Hiei stared at her with wide eyes. He couldn't believe what the cat demon was saying!
 
“Did she really just okay me to….?' Hiei thought to himself. Kohana stared intently at the fire demon and waited for an answer. Hiei knew he wasn't going to get out of this without a fight, and he did secretly want to help the light demon. He didn't know why there was a tug between the girl and him, but from the first time he saw her, he had been trying to avoid her because she simply reminded him of his own problems.
 
“Hnn.” Hiei replied. Kohana let go of Hiei and walked back to where a nervous Botan and Keiko were. Kohana smiled and settled their worries. Hiei growled at himself.
 
`How in the hell am I supposed to get her to hold still!?' Hiei thought to himself.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~