Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Two Tailed ❯ Naps ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3:Naps
 
 
She was falling in her dreams…
 
The wind was strong as she plummeted towards the blackness that meant death. There was no way to save herself. All of her hard work to show her mother that she was going to be great… there was no way to save it and rewind. The end. This was it. Death.
“NO!!!!” She screamed. Her body stopped, it felt warm. She was swallowed by a glowing light…
 
“Nyako….” A voice whispered in her ear. It was soft and it felt like a comforting blanket to her. Slowly she felt her body rigid against the concrete walls of the school. The pain rose up and down her back, but she tried to ignore it. Her eyes fluttered open to see emerald ones smiling at her. Mentally, she groaned.
 
“Go. Away.” She closed her eyes again and turned her head away from the boy who was eyeing her suspiciously. His body slumped against the wall next to hers and she could feel him continue to stare at her. Slowly, she tried to recall the first time she saw him.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ FLASH BACK ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
The red head at the front of the class smiled as everyone filled in to see him. He was just like her, a first year; and yet, he had already claimed so much glamour that the graduating class practically wanted to adopt him.
 
“Isn't he adorable!” On girl cried out in glee. She was ditzy, no brains; so it didn't matter what she thought.
 
“Hey, Nya-chan, what do you think of Shuichi-sama?” A voice asked her from behind. Nyako turned around and stared at her best friend Ume. Her cheeks were flushed and it looked as if Ume had attempted to look prettier than normal.
 
“I don't care about pretty boys like that.” Nyako mumbled and went back to staring at him; hating him. She found that she didn't really have anything other to do than to assume he was nothing. Just another fleck of high school. Eventually he would fade and become old and gray, just like the rest of them.
 
“Don't say that Nya-chan! You could end up being the one!” Ume giggled. The girl flicked her purple hair behind her shoulders and sat on Nyako's desk.
 
“You have got to be crazy Ume.” Nyako closed her eyes and then opened them when she felt a cold finger touch her nose.
 
“Maybe you are. Love is random Nya-chan. Don't think you can escape it!” Ume winked. Nyako looked at the girl and smiled. Maybe she would be lucky; but she hoped that it would never be with Shuichi Minamino.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ END FLASH BACK ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Nyako felt the pain sear the hole wider in her chest.
 
Ume had died several days later; suicide they said.
 
Nyako's eyes flashed open and she clinched her chest tightly, feeling a bead of sweat drop from her forehead. Kurama shot forward and looked at the girl, trying to see if she was okay.
 
“Nyako! Are you okay?!” Kurama asked the girl. She turned towards him and he saw it again- a sense of fear he never had seen in a human's eyes before. It was the fear one would see only with death.
 
“Uh... Didn't I tell you to LEAVE?” Nyako demanded; pulling her hand away from her chest and resting her sore back against the wall. She tried not to make a noise as her lashes pressed against the uncomfortable concrete. Kurama watched her sit there, watched her breathe, and watched her fight herself with something.
 
“My friends really did enjoy your company…” Kurama told her, keeping the air open for discussion about her quick disappearance. Nyako opened her eyes and gently rested her head against the wall, staring at Kurama softly.
 
“Lately, I haven't been who I am. And maybe, there is no way to change it…” Nyako said quietly, not trying to make a point or ask a question. She didn't know what to expect of the boy. If Ume was right, she was unlucky enough to be forced into Shuichi, or rather, Kurama's life. Her stomach growled and she felt discussed that at a time of personal reflection- all she wanted was food.
 
“Would you like to get lunch?” Kurama smiled. Nyako nodded and let Kurama help her up. Lately, her strength had been drained. She felt like she needed to take a nap every few hours to keep from passing out from exhaustion. The two walked down the hall and retrieved their lunches from the class rooms. Kurama enjoyed the challenge that Nyako still presented, but it made him wonder why she was so adamant about being left alone.
 
“Hmmm.” Nyako mused to herself and Kurama found himself wishing that he was able to pry into her head and read what she was thinking.
 
{I know a certain youkai who would LOVE the challenge…} Youko laughed.
 
{Hiei would kill her…}
 
“How are you today? You seemed odd last night.” Kurama asked Nyako as the two passed all of his fans in the hallway; their mouths hanging open and their darts ready to aim at Nyako's heart. He wished that they would leave her alone. Her body retaliated against her as she tried to sit back down on the roof. The skin stretched along her back, and when she finally made it to the ground; she felt one of the lashes open up and let a bit of blood drizzle down.
 
“I'm not myself. Just leave me alone, okay?” Nyako begged the boy to just give her five minutes alone so she could stop the bleeding, but he wouldn't leave. Her heart rate jumped when she leaned forward to grab her handkerchief to stop the bleeding. Immediately she stuck it on her back and let the sweat drip off her face.
 
“NYAKO! You're bleeding!?” Kurama asked, astonished when the girl pulled away her handkerchief to revel the white clothe tainted with blood. Nyako held her hand up in protest, but the boy was already at her back, looking at the blood run down.
 
“Don't…tell….” Nyako mumbled before she passed out. Kurama looked at the girl with fear. Her entire back was covered in lacerations that were bleeding and getting infected already from her trying to move.
 
“Botan!” Kurama called into the air. The ferrywoman appeared on her ore and looked at the bleeding girl.
 
“Give!” Botan told the boy. Kurama handed over Nyako to the blue haired girl and watched as they headed in the direction of Genkai's temple. Quickly, Kurama cleaned up Nyako's bloody handkerchief and her lunch.
 
{That is why she wanted to be left alone! She didn't want anyone to know!} Youko said.
 
{Well, I guess it is a good thing I was there…}
 
{Or potentially bad…really bad…} Youko mused.
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ AT GENKAI'S ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
 
Nyako awoke to the silence around her. It was soft, and there wasn't anyone within 50 feet of her. Her eyes adjusted to the bright light that came directly in the window and on her face. She felt rested and at ease, like she did when her mother would crawl into bed to wake her up in the morning.
 
{Mom…}
 
But there wasn't any warm body next to her. There wasn't anyone where she was. Nyako looked around the room and guessed she must be in a temple of some sort, and upon remembering who she was last with- wondered if he had taken her to his friend's temple. Sure enough, her answer was on his way in.
 
“Nyako… are you awake now?” Kurama asked as he brought in some hot tea and some fresh bandages for her back. She looked at him and closed her eyes.
 
{What a mess you've gotten yourself into Nyako. What will happen to you now?} She thought to herself.
 
Kurama set the tea down on the bed side table and looked at the angry girl. She wasn't angry at him, but at something else. Something that was eating away at her and causing her so much pain.
 
“Honey…” Nyako whispered. Kurama looked at her, surprised that she was talking to him. “Don't forget the honey.” Nyako looked at the tea and tried to smile. It hurt to move, and Kurama nodded. He could see her trying to move slightly and he felt worried for her.
 
“You know eventually I'm going to ask you about your back… I'd prefer if you didn't fight me on it.” Kurama asked as he helped Nyako roll onto her stomach so he could look at her back.
 
“Fine.” Nyako said sharply. Kurama looked at her in shock. “Then don't ask.” Nyako laid her head down on the pillow as the boy helped to clean the wounds off. She felt his hands gently work the bandages so that they were not hurting it even more. Nyako had to admit that he was very skilled; unlike what she had taught herself in order to stay alive.
 
“Did you have these last night? Is that why you had to go?” Kurama questioned as he sat on the edge of her bed and helped prop her up against the soft pillows. Nyako shook her head no. Gratiously she took the tea and pouted when Kurama didn't put any honey in it.
 
“Honey….please…” Nyako tried to be polite. Kurama smiled softly and looked at Nyako sternly.
 
“Do not leave. Promise me?” Kurama demanded. He stood half way in between the door and the bed where Nyako lay.
 
“Does it look like I'm honestly going to be going anywhere important in the next 3 minutes?” Nyako said sarcastically. Kurama nodded and headed towards the door, but turned around quickly.
 
“I know you. Promise me.” Kurama caught on. Nyako actually laughed and nodded.
 
“Fine. I promise. Now bring the DAMN HONEY!” Nyako growled. Kurama left the room and after a while came back with some honey for the tea. He sat and watched the girl again.
 
{She looks healthier, and she is acting nicer…} Youko smiled.
 
{She knows I know…}
 
{True.}
 
“So, I suppose I will have to explain all this eventually?” Nyako mused out loud. Kurama nodded and followed her.
 
“It would help to know why you are covered in bruises and you have lacerations on your back.” Kurama asked coldly. Nyako glared at the boy and then looked at her mug.
 
“I take it I'm not wearing the long socks anymore?” Nyako laughed. Kurama growled.
 
“Why would you hide something like that?! You were COVERED with bruises! Even your chest was!” Kurama shouted. Nyako looked at Kurama fearfully. Kurama sighed and shook his head.
 
“I had--”
 
“Kurama, I got Yukina…” A cheery and worried voice came from the other side of the door. Nyako relaxed when she heard another female's voice in the temple. She understood what Kurama had been trying to say.
 
“So, someone else knows?” Nyako said coldly, staring into the abyss that was her tea. Kurama nodded, trying to figure out why she was hiding all the pain.
 
“Explain it, please! I can't understand why you wouldn't say something! Why you wouldn't show what you were feeling!!” Kurama asked, agitated. Nyako looked up at the boy.
 
“Because he didn't know.” Nyako whispered. Kurama tilted his head.
 
“Who?” He asked her. Kurama tried to imagine who wouldn't know that they were hitting a young girl. Even he would know. There would be nothing that could tear his attention away.
 
“The drunken-man who was once my father.”
 
 
* * * * * * * * END * * * * * * * * *
 
 
mmmkay! Done with chapter 3!!! Wooot! Wow, this story is moving slowly. I really want to make it seem more realistic in time management. I mean, think about it… in these stories… everything HAS to happen so fast… otherwise it isn't really a good story sometimes…. I don't know… I'm torn. I want this to be only a couple chapters… but I forsee it being MUCH MUCH MUCH MORE.
 
Oh…. Just my luck!
 
Kurama: I like the name change ^_^
 
Hiei: I don't care.
 
Bunny: you should! Who knows how it affects you? *wink wink*
 
Hiei: *chokes* AKSDGJAWOEG
 
Kurama: *pouts* HEY! You promised the next ningen would be mine!
 
Hiei: *chokes again* WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?
 
Bunny: *thinks* Welllll…. We will see. I'm not sure yet! It's only chapter 3!!
 
Thanks for all the support- as always I love when you read and review! Especially when there are a BUNCH OF REVIEWS!!!!! Does that compute? Leave some reviews people!
You know you would want me to do the same for your stories!
 
 
Lovels, Bunny!