Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What's Love Got to Do With It? ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three: Heartbreak Café Yusuke and co. sat in the living room of Monument Shrine. Kagome had yet to rename it. Yet, that was what they were working on. "How about…Sakura Hill?" Kuwabara announced. Kagome shook her head. "No, I don’t like cherry blossoms, I’m more of a peach person myself." " … Shoushin-Koyama Ichido(Heartbreak Hill Shrine)." Hiei said monotonously. Kagome’s eyes brightened, and she smiled. "Yeah! There’s the name of the new shrine! I know that Momma would have wanted it! From what I heard, my Momma was quite a heartbreaker!" Kagome and the others all smiled, well, Hiei smirked, and knew that Kagome had finally gotten used to the idea of Genkai being her mother. It had been nearly two months since the fateful day when they had all met. Kurama and Hiei had both noticed that Keiko was acting weird around Yusuke. She was canceling dates, brushing him off at school, and even ignoring him at times. Kagome also wondered about this, Kuwabara was oblivious as usual. Suddenly, the telephone began to ring. Kagome got up and answered it. "Hello, Shoushin-Koyama Ichido, Kagome speaking." "Hello, is Yusuke there?" Keiko’s familiar voice rang through the phone. "Oh, hi Keiko. Yeah, he’s here." "Could you tell him to meet me at Café Half-Dead? Please? In like, fifteen minutes?" "Sure. One second," Kagome put the phone on the counter and turned to Yusuke. "Yo, Yu-chan! Keiko wants you to meet her in Café Half-dead fifteen minutes ago!" "WHAT!? Café Half-dead? What for?" "I dunno, she already hung up. Just get your ass down there, you lazy bum!" Yusuke sighed and left in a hurry, nearly breaking his neck on his way down the stairs. Kagome and the others sighed in unison. "I have a bad feeling about this." Kurama muttered. "Good, I’m not the only one." Hiei sighed. "Yeah, I noticed how Keiko was to Yu-chan when I went over to his house a few days ago. She’s his girlfriend!?" Kagome looked over at the two demons."I just hope that Yu-chan won’t be hurt." Kurama raised a questioning eyebrow at the emotion in the young hanyou’s eyes. ‘Was it my imagination, or did I just see love go through her eyes? Does she love Yusuke? Nah, those two act like siblings, not lovers. Well, I guess Hiei and I act more like brothers to her than anything. Oh well. I’ll just leave that as a thought for a rainy day.’ ::Café Half-dead:: Yusuke stumbled into Café Half-dead just as Keiko’s drink hit the table. The winded teen skidded to a stop and sat down in front of Keiko. "Sorry I’m late, Keiko. Bus traffic was murder." Keiko cleared her throat. "Yusuke, I need to talk to you." "Yeah, what about?" "Yusuke, this is going to hurt you as much as it’s going to hurt me, but…I don’t think I can be your girlfriend anymore." "What? Why not?" "Well, I’m just so sick and tired of everyone chasing me just because I’m your girlfriend. I’m sick and tired of always worrying my ass off for you when you don’t tell me that you’re not going on one of your missions, and it hurts when I find out that you tell Kurama and the others more than you tell me." "Well, Keiko, it’s just common sense that I’d tell Kurama and the others more than I tell you, hello! They’re my guy-friends." "But you’ve already told that Katome girl more than it took me eighteen years to figure out." Yusuke slammed a fist on the table. "Her name is Kagome. Kah-go-may! Get it right!" "Oh, you never corrected anyone when they made fun of my name, but you defend her! What, are you cheating on me with her? Cause she sure does look like a whore to me!" "What did you just call Kagome?" Yusuke’s voice was low and deadly, full of threat that Keiko couldn’t even decipher. "A whore! You heard me!" :::::SLAP:::: Keiko gasped and held her cheek. Yusuke pulled his hand back. "Watch who you’re calling a whore, Yukimoto. You’re insulting yourself. Keiko, I know that you’ve been cheating on me. I just never said anything because I used to love you. But, I guess that I should have let Suzaku kill you four years ago. Would have saved me a good deal of grief." "Yu-Yusuke. You don’t mean that. Why did you slap me?!" "Because Keiko. And, you can’t…break up with me….because…I’m…I’m…I’m breaking up with you." With that, Yusuke ran out of the café and back to Shoushin-Koyama. A/N: Well, there you have it! The big break up! R/R! Don’t forget to NOT vote on the pairings anymore!