Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ What Words Cannot Say ❯ The One Chance ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“Okay, thank you for watching over her for me, Kurama. Goodbye,” Yuske said before hanging up the phone. Stretching upward and trying to pop his back, Yuske headed towards the door with his jacket flung over his shoulder. “Guess I'll head to the arcade for a bit and go out to eat tonight. Knowing mom, I doubt she will be home and Aeka is the only who can make something without having the firemen on stand by.” Getting his shoes on, Yuske headed out in the dark to the arcade to loosen up a bit since there were no battles occurring.
 
 
--------------------------
 
 
Aeka sat in Kurama's room waiting for dinner to be ready since this house was new to her and she didn't want to go running around it especially with dinner almost ready.
 
Kurama put down the phone soon, looking over at the white haired Aeka who was sitting on his bed fidgeting with her hair. She's so nervous…I wonder why. Smiling softly, Kurama headed over to her slowly. Placing his hand on her shoulder caused Aeka to look up into his eyes. “Why do you look scared? It can't be because I am a demon, is it?”
 
No, Aeka signed, keeping her eyes on him. Jin told me more about what he was and what he did than you have…I barely know KuramaI knew Shuichi Minamino.
 
Before Kurama could say anything about that, his mother knocked at the door to get their attention. Seeing the redhead looking at his door made Aeka look as well, to see the kind Shiori standing there at the doorway. “Dinner is ready, you two. Come and eat.”
 
“Thank you, mother. We will be there shortly,” Kurama assured her.
 
Once Shiori left, Aeka got to her feet looking Kurama in the eyes. Does she know?
 
“No,” He answered softly shaking his head from side to side. “And its best she doesn't. I don't want to put her life in danger.”
 
Aeka was silent not knowing what to say to this. He really did care about this woman's well being and she guessed that was a reason why he never said anything about himself to her and she repaid him for that with a slap and sharp tongue.
 
Seeing she was thinking a lot to herself, Kurama reached for her hand so he could help her up, “Well, let's go eat, Aeka.”
 
Kurama's hand was extended ready to accept hers. Rolling her eyes in irritation she took his hand and got to her feet. The fox demon said nothing to her eye rotation as he walked ahead of her to show her where the dining room was.
 
Aeka gazed about the house as she followed Kurama to the dinner table. It was a three story house and it seemed big for her since she had lived in an apartment building for most her life. Being the gentleman he was, Kurama pulled out Aeka's chair for her making Aeka look at him funny. Taking at least a minute to understand what was going on here, the young girl eventually took her seat.
 
Shiori started placing the plates down on the table as Aeka's eyes continued to gaze about the house. Placing her hand gently on Aeka's shoulder, Shiori asked, “Do you like our house?”

It's so big, Aeka signed, keeping her eyes on Kurama's mother as she took her seat next to her son. I live in an apartment so…I am not use to a house like this.
 
“It is a big house with just the two of us but it is a home for us,” Shiori remarked with the same sweet smile on her face.
 
Aeka looked down at the plate in front of her to see most of her favorite foods. Her body still felt rejective to foods a little bit though at the thought of not having Jin at her side at times. Not wanting to seem rude though, Aeka picked up the chopsticks next to her and started moving the rice a bit. I hope I can eat this without insulting Mrs. Minamino, Aeka thought, putting the white rice in her mouth.
 
Kurama could see how slowly and hesitantly she was eating and he felt bad for her knowing what was wrong. Poor thing, He thought keeping his eyes on her. She still has a hard time stomaching things. I wish Jin would come back quickly for Aeka so she won't die
 
 
After dinner, Aeka thanked Shiori for it but had to quickly use the bathroom. Hurrying to the one upstairs close to Kurama's bedroom, she closed the door behind her and made sure it was locked before she ended up vomited all of what she ate. Man, she thought, resting her head on the toilet seat once she was finished for the moment. This really sucks…I need to stay alive for Jin but it's not working too well...
 
Kurama heard the noises coming from the other side of the door of his bathroom, frowning at what he was hearing. “Don't tell me she isn't fully recovered,” Kurama said to himself, massaging his forehead. Checking to see if the door was locked, Kurama turned the doorknob to see that he wouldn't be able to enter.
 
Looking to make sure his mother wasn't coming, Kurama pulled out one of his seeds from his red hair. Using his demonic energy he transformed into a sharp blade that he could use to pick the lock so he could get in there to help Aeka. Upon opening the door, he saw how miserable Aeka looked with her eyes closed and her head resting there on the freezing toilet seat. “Oh my,” Kurama said softly walking over to her. The strong smell of vomit filled his delicate nose and he saw that she had indeed thrown up since she was too tired to flush the toilet.
 
Aeka opened her eyes slowly when Kurama's left arm came from behind her and wrapped around her left side. How did you get in here? She signed slowly feeling embarrassed about him seeing her this way.
 
He pressed his finger to his mouth once he got Aeka to her feet. “Don't sign right now, okay? I need to get you to my bedroom so you can lie down.” Flushing what used to be her dinner, Kurama helped her back to his bedroom once he cleaned her mouth. Checking to see if she had a temperature and that might have caused her to lose her dinner, he asked, “What is wrong, Aeka? I thought you were healed.”
 
I don't know… Aeka signed slowly as she stumbled into his bedroom and over to his bed once he helped her there.
 
Kurama sighed, scratching the back of his head with worry expressed on his face. “It's because of Jin not being here, isn't it?”
 
How come you always know what is wrong…? Aeka asked with her hands a bit freaked. Are you a telepath?
 
“Aeka,” He laughed softly, pulling stray pieces of her white hair out of her sight, “It doesn't take a telepath to know what is wrong with you.”
 
Are you a telepath? Aeka asked again with her hurting hands. I want to know if you are or not…
 
She wanted to know what kind of demon this Shuichi Minamino was. What were his powers, what could he do that was so special? Kurama could see it in her eyes—since she didn't know him well at all upon hearing he was a demon, fear surrounded her expression now. “You are scared of me, are you not?” He questioned, keeping his narrow ivy tented eyes locked on hers.
 
Swallowing hard, Aeka looked off to the side for a bit not having the guts right now to look him in the eyes for too long. Feeling too lazy and tired to sign her response, she nodded slightly continuing to stare at the wall.
 
Kurama's hand found her cheek and directed her face back to his as he still had that same charming smile on his face. “I am afraid that will have to wait for some other time.”
 
Why do you say such things? Aeka questioned, attempting to sit up.
 
Kurama directed Aeka's weary body back down to his bed still smiling. “I say that because unlike Jin, I bet…my demonic past is not as peaceful and pleasant as his.”
 
Aeka inhaled sharply fearing him even more than before as his lips said this. Kurama…
 
“You are tired. It is best you sleep here tonight.” Aeka got up once again to complain about that, but Kurama gripped onto her hands lightly, making her stop. “I will contact Yuske and tell him where you are while my mother watches over you. Your mother is…careless, I fear to say aloud and I don't want to send you home wondering if you will be okay.”
 
Aeka could feel her heart pounding a bit as she continued to look into his expression while his hands held hers. Not liking how this was going, Aeka took back her hands, slowly this time. Lying out on her side, Aeka knew there would be no way for her to get out unless she tackled Kurama to the ground but she didn't want to piss off a demon without knowing his abilities.
 
Once the lights went out in Kurama's bedroom, Aeka knew that he had left to go call Yuske. Being in a dark room that wasn't hers made her feel a bit homesick and fearful.
Her heart was still racing a bit as she continued to think about how Kurama looked at her and held her hands. Touching it, she began to worry. I don't love Kurama…I love Jin…Please don't make me love you, Kurama! Aeka begged, tears falling to his bed sheets.
 
 
After Kurama called the house to find nobody was home, he decided to go out looking for Yuske instead not wishing for him to worry. Kurama was having a difficult time locating Yuske until Yuske's energy suddenly went up drastically. Turning around quickly, the demon eyed the area he felt the energy coming from. Something is wrong with Yuske! Kurama panicked, hurrying to his friend's aid.
 
“You felt it too?” Hiei asked, joining Kurama's side as the redhead continued down the road.
 
Once the two demons made it to the area Yuske seemed to be powering up in, they found nothing but rubble of what used to be a standing building. The two demons wondered what could have caused Yuske to do such a thing with his powers until they saw him standing there in the rubble of where a building once stood.
 
 
------------------------
 
 
Jin stood there by himself in the thick dark forest, trying to loosen up his right shoulder and arm. Let's see if I can do this again. As he began to rotate it slowly, he lost his concentration at the sound of Touya's voice coming from behind him.
 
“Jin!”
 
Jin stopped what he was doing, looking over his shoulder at Touya a bit irritated. “I'm busy here! What is it?”
 
“Risho has found out about something that may help you with your problem when it comes to Aeka,” Touya clarified, putting his hand on Jin's shoulder.
 
Jin's ears wiggled a bit at the sound of that but Touya wasn't exactly finished yet.
 
“But, I don't think he will be willing to go through with it if your reason is to be with Aeka…he'd beat you again,” Touya reminded him.
 
Jin frowned hearing this as he asked, “What is it?”
 
“It's the Dark Tournament,” Touya explained. “It's a fighting tournament where the winner can get whatever he wants!”
 
“All I want is to be where Aeka is…or have her come with me,” Jin answered, sitting down on the ground, looking up at the ice master. “So all we have to do is fight?”
 
“Fight different classes of demons and teams,” Touya said, trying to remember the rest.
 
“And if I wanted Aeka to stay with me,” Jin asked, getting back to his feet, thinking on this. “It would be granted?”
 
Touya shrugged slightly, watching his friend's movements. “Umm-I guess so. But keep in mind, Jin, Risho won't allow that one demand of yours to come true. It will take more than that to make him go through with this.”
 
Jin sighed, looking up at the night sky wondering what he should say to Risho to make him go through with it. I will think of something that will satisfy us both and we can get what we want…I won't let Aeka down.
 
___________________________
AN: I am not going to do every little detail when it comes to the Dark Tournament…the last thing I want is a predictable storyline. XP and being that it centers mostly on Aeka, I don't think she will be watching the fights much anyways. ;) So, don't worry-I will not make it boring.
7/10/2004