Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wind Knoll's Curse ❯ Chapter 34

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's Notes: Sorry for the delay. I was really into the mood to finished My Naga Knight, but then my main computer crashed via either motherboard or power supply. Naturally, when this happened, I was freaking out hardcore as 9 years of my life is on my main computer, and I don't really have backup. =/ Thankfully, none of my data is said to be in harms way through this, but after this incident, I plan on backing up. I cannot afford to lose anything!
 
So, anyways, Wind Knoll's Curse will be on a slight hiatus while I get that story finished. Enjoy this chapter in the mean time!
 
----
 
With the moon soon high within the sky, everyone was soon back at their homes. The Wind Temple was winding down as well with all the worshippers finding their respective rooms. Some of the lit candles would go out one by one in the hallways as some of the high priests and priestesses passed by to wave their hands simply to help the flames die down by magical means. Scarlet was in her room when she heard some of the people passing by her door, talking quietly amongst themselves. She listened in on some of the random conversations, but none of them really gave her much interest. Seeing as she was asked by Touya to finish the book she was given, Scarlet was trying to focus her attention on it.
 
“So much crap,” Scarlet grumbled to herself. She was resting on her bed upon her front, kicking her legs idly about. “How anyone can become a high priestess is beyond me.” She nibbled upon the end of her pen she was using to take notes of anything of importance. A knock upon her door breaking her concentration, Scarlet turned her focus with a raise of her brow. “Come in.”
 
The door creaking open, Justin soon stood there with the small bit of candlelight illuminating the bedroom area touching upon some of his features as well. “Just walking by to see if you're okay.” When he didn't hear Scarlet say anything, though he could tell she was awkwardly staring at him, so Justin elaborated. “Jin has been making sure we check all the other worshippers just in case a demon sneaks in.”
 
“That's nice,” whispered Scarlet with an obvious sigh. She turned the page she was on with her mind now wondering at the mere mention of Jin's name.
 
Justin moved from where he was at the doorway to invite himself on inside. He knew Scarlet wouldn't mind. Making his way through the candlelit room, he sat on her bedside. “You know, if you want to talk about something, I can at least listen,” Justin offered, as he slightly leaned over to get his words to the studying Scarlet.
 
“Not much to talk about,” Scarlet admitted with a heavy sigh. “Just feelings I have to work out and sort out alone, I suppose.” Finding herself unable to concentrate on the material in front of her, she closed the book and pushed it off to the side. “I am in love with someone unobtainable, and I need to change that.”
 
Having the thoughts connect, Justin closed his eyes with a bit of a smile to himself in the dimly lit room. “Well, if you wait it out, you never know what may happen. Or you can go to the man you're in love with and talk to him about it.”
 
“Tried that,” Scarlet said softly between them. “All I can do is wait it out as he doesn't wish to talk to me about what feelings he has right now.” She gazed ahead at nothing in particular, thinking back on the times she spent with the wind demon. “I hope to find a job I can attend to take my mind off of a few things.”
 
“I still think talking about it may help. You never know what may come about it.” Justin then pushed himself up from the bedside to make his way back towards the doorway. “Just be careful tonight. Demons tend to enjoy lurking in the shadows.” He paused, sensing the powerful field about her door. “I see you are already in a protective barrier.” Feeling an icy breeze upon the invisible magic, Justin pulled his fingertips back to rub them together. “Lord Touya placed this here.”
 
Scarlet had forgotten about it, but she nodded recalling the time Touya placed it there to keep her safe. “Yes, he did sometime ago.”
 
Justin stayed on the opposite side of the doorway with a dimly lit smile upon his face. He nodded at the young woman. “Just think about it. But whatever it is you decide, best of luck to you.” He motioned towards himself with his fingers, causing a slight breeze to blow within the room, causing the door to slowly shut behind him.
 
She was a bit mystified by that action, as she had never seen it performed before except maybe by Jin here and there. Sighing heavily to herself, Scarlet moved to her feet to slowly walk towards the center of the room where the pillar was as well as the stand holding several candles, which had been lit for the night to keep light in her room. The flames flickered about, causing the shadows to dance briefly within her chambers. With all going quiet, Scarlet began to feel a slowly growing fear within her heart. “Maybe I should speak to him…”
 
Opening the door to her room cautiously, she peeked up and down the dark corridors still lit by the scones on the wall. With everything slowly dying around for the night, Scarlet was a bit nervous to make her way to Jin's room, but she eventually found the courage to do so, and headed on her way.
 
With Jin's door soon within view, she hesitantly knocked upon it, hoping for an answer. “Hello? Jin, are you there?” Nothing came from the other side, making her curious as to where the demon could possibly be. Just to make sure he wasn't sleeping, Scarlet opened the door slowly. “Jin, are you here?” She could clearly see that the demon was indeed asleep in his bed. Coming closer, she saw that the wind master was just passed out on his bed with his covers everywhere. “He must have been tired to fall asleep without covering himself up for the night.”
 
Jin was obviously fast asleep, given the snoring he was doing. He didn't hear Scarlet come in, prompting him to remain in his slumber. When the young woman came closer, she could see he was twitching slightly and sweating as well from something. Reaching over, she placed her hand upon the wind master's forehead to feel that he was burning up. Worried for his well-being, Scarlet knelt beside the bed to shake him harshly. “Jin! Jin, wake up!” She called nervously.
 
Being called back to himself, the demon's eyes flew open, shooting up in bed with sweat all over his body. He was panting heavily, eyes wide and his mouth gaping open. His hand upon his forehead, Jin tried to regain himself. Blue eyes of worry met with Scarlet's in the dim lighting of his room. “Scarlet…? What are you doing here?”
 
“I wanted to speak with you, but I came in with you this way.” She remained on her knees beside his bed. Her arms crossed over the tossed about covers. “Are you alright?”
 
Jin rubbed his face, nodding at her question. “I was just being attacked in my sleep is all. I thought I could hold them off, but they just kept coming after me. It was wearing me out.” He moved slightly over in the bed and patted the empty space he gave for Scarlet to sit upon. “So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?”
 
Scarlet could tell that this wasn't the best time for what was on her mind. She merely swallowed her words upon sitting next to him. “It isn't anything too important. Besides, I can see you are quite tired.”
 
Grabbing onto the rim of his shirt, Jin removed it from his body in the candlelight. He shook his wild red hair about to prevent some of the strands from sticking to his wet body. “Yes, and sweaty, apparently. I didn't expect them to get me that warn out. I must be getting weak.” He chuckled at the statement, as he excused himself from the bed momentarily to toss his shirt upon the chair in his room. “I might have to bathe before I think of sleeping again.”
 
Sighing at her weakness to him, Scarlet raised her hand slightly. “I can help you if need be.”
 
“If you want to,” said Jin calmly, as if what happened earlier wasn't that much of a bother to him. “You're going to have to see me nude if you don't mind that.” Grabbing a towel from one of his drawers, he motioned towards the door. “This way.”
 
Scarlet followed behind Jin in the darkened hallways all the way to the Cleansing Room. The doors opened, the room looked rather dim with the lights lit up within the pool area only. With the water so disturbingly calm, Scarlet was hypnotized by the mere look of it. She inched closer to the side of the pool while Jin lit up the rest of the room. “I am not used to it at this time of night,” Scarlet explained as she touched the tranquil surface to disturb the water. “I am used to almost everyone possible being in here for something.”
 
“This is the place to be at times. It is almost like a hangout.” Jin removed his belt, allowing his pants to loosen. “But once the sun goes down, everyone disappears. Makes it easier for me to bathe in here sometimes.” With himself unclothed, he made his way into the water slowly to get used to the chill. Dunking his head under the water for a brief moment, he threw his wet hair back with a relaxing sigh, as he rested against the edge of the pool. “So much better.”
 
Making her way over towards the wind master, she sat upon the edge beside him to make sure he at least got the water over his body. “I rarely come in here unless it is urgent. It just feels too weird seeing everyone either naked or half naked.” She dug her fingers gently about his scalp to make sure to relax him and get the water to wash out anything in his hair.
 
Jin chuckled briefly at her comment, looking up at her out of the corner of his eye. “You got used to me. I am sure you can get used to other people being the same way.” Closing his eyes once more, he rolled his head back into her touch with a relaxing moan. “So, what was it you were about to tell me? I don't mind listening.”
 
Scarlet halted in her actions, thinking on her emotions dwelling within her heart and mind. “It is nothing too important, Jin.” Her words were heavy with something, and she knew she wasn't doing a good job in hiding her desire to want to speak about it. “But, umm, I guess since you're here, I might as well ask about the job situation.”
 
“I know that's not what you want to talk about, but as far as that goes, I will help you look for some come tomorrow. I told you that,” responded Jin. He crossed his arms over his chest. “Is all that knowledge you're having to cram finally getting to you?” He knew she was reading a good deal into being a high priestess for Touya, but he figured he would just pick on her a bit.
 
“No,” grumbled Scarlet, not finding any of it funny. “I just thought I'd make sure you didn't forget.” Here, she flicked Jin against the head, causing the wind demon to flinch for a second. “I guess if you're done, I'll head back to my bedroom.” Just as she was about to get to her feet, Jin's hand reached for her wrist to prevent her from leaving his side.
 
“Scarlet, I am a little drained from the encounter earlier,” he expressed without looking her directly into the eyes. “I may need you for the time being.”
 
Scarlet felt her heart leap. She wanted to accept that offer, but a part of her refrained from the thought. “I…Jin…it is very hard to accept that right now.”
 
“Why do you say that?” Jin asked, continuing to look right on ahead at nothing in particular. He had a feeling he knew what was going on with her, and the wind master felt like prying in his own way. “Do you not want to be my servant any longer?”
 
“No…no, I never said that!” Scarlet insisted eagerly, sitting back down on the side near Jin, so she could speak with him better. She felt him release her wrist, allowing her to embrace herself a bit in a comforting way. “It is just my feelings for you are really hard to deal with right now, and I am sorry that I feel this way. I wish I could make it all disappear, but I cannot.” Having to admit it out in the open was painful. Shaking her head from side to side, she attempted to shake the desire to cry.
 
“Scarlet,” Jin sighed, “you remember what I said to you last time, right?” He turned around to look into Scarlet's sorrow filled orbs of greenish-gray. “I just cannot say that I feel that way towards you right now. But, regardless, you are special to me.” Placing his hands on the ground on either side of her body, he hefted himself up and out of the water.
 
With him practically hovering over her on his hands and knees, Scarlet knew she had nowhere to go to. She also knew what he wanted, but she tried her best not to act on her desires. When she attempted to move out from under him, Jin was quick to place his hand upon her shoulder to keep her steady. “I wish you wouldn't do this…” she practically begged, breathlessly with his hands grabbing onto her nightshirt—it was the only thing she was wearing at the moment. It was a very long, white shirt, which reached down to her knees. Jin gave it to her one night when she had run out in the middle of a storm and nearly came home ill from the cold rain soaking her through.
 
Jin cupped the side of her head upon removing the shirt he had given to her. “Scarlet, like there are times you need me, this is a time I need you.” His fingertips moved gently down her side, so he could cup her left leg to move her body in a position he desired. “I am too weak, and I need you right now.” With that said, he opened his mouth to show off his demonic fangs before bringing them closer to pierce her neck gently in attempts to rouse her.
 
The feel of his teeth against her skin, Scarlet hitched in breath and her body tensed before relaxing under the sexual high it gave her. Her eyes wide momentarily, she closed them with a soft moan escaping her lips. “Jin…!”
 
Kissing his way down to her chest and then to her stomach, he smiled at the feel of her soft skin. “I must say I am glad I got you back into a healthier lifestyle. It is nice not having to worry about breaking you,” he chuckled to himself, looking up at her from where his cheek was resting against her stomach. When she threatened to smack him for his comment, Jin was quick to react and stop her hand from touching him. “Save your energy at least for me,” he whispered, moving down to kiss her inner thigh.
 
Her desire to attack him resided upon the feel of his tongue touching her sensitive, pink flesh. His warm breath caressing her womanhood, Scarlet twisted slightly given the sensation rushing through her body. With every moment of his hand and every touch of his tongue, it caused her body to heat up and build with desire. “Ooh, Jin…!” She exclaimed quietly there upon the tile flooring. Carefully reaching down, she placed her hand upon his head to direct his tongue further inside of her.
 
After teasing Scarlet enough with a few flicks of his tongue, he wiped his mouth as he came back into her sight. Nosing her cheek gently, he breathed heavily with his essence stained breath. “Are you ready for me?” When he felt her nod, the wind demon moved himself closer to Scarlet's body while bending his knees a bit around her, seeing as he was a good few inches taller then her. Holding onto her back, he pushed the head of his arousal into her dripping entrance slowly. Caught up in the pleasurable sensation himself at this moment, Jin hitched in breath, closed his eyes tightly and attempted to regain himself. “I don't know if it is just you or all humans, but you are quite tight…!” He grunted to himself, sliding a bit further in. The feel of her warmth caressing his erection almost made him release several times, but he had managed to catch himself.
 
Her small body accepting a few inches of his length, Scarlet wrapped her arms tightly about his back to keep herself up and on his erection. “And maybe it is just demons, but you're quite big!”
 
“Just hold still,” he whispered into her ear, panting heavily, as he slid his length in and out at a decent pace for her. “I don't have all of it inside of you yet, but I think I might can get you there.” His voice was labored from the actions he was displaying upon her body. Hearing her whimper and moan a bit from the pain of more of him entering her, he broke from his concentration to soothe her. “Shhh, just relax for a moment.” Biting his lower lip, Jin flared his nostrils as he rocked at a steady pace for her body to get used to. After a few slow thrusts inside of her body, Jin began to mumble to himself a bit. “Come on; come on; come on,” he whispered, looking up at the ceiling to concentrate on the feeling a bit.
 
“J-Jin…!” Scarlet hissed in pleasure as she felt her inner walls close up around his erection, as if to tease the thought of him releasing. “I might come soon…!” She was trying her best to withhold the notion, as Jin was still trying to get over their barrier in intercourse with one another.
 
Jin knew even he himself wouldn't be able to hold out much longer. Grunting heavily, he pushed a few more inches inside of her before his erection flexed inside of the human woman's body several times upon release. The more he withheld, however, the more energy was gathered for him to feed off of. Feeling his own release coating his erection as well as staining the floor, he closed his eyes to enjoy the spirit energy his body was soaking up. “Oh yeah…!” He groaned excitedly. Pulling himself from inside of her body, Jin nuzzled tenderly against Scarlet. “I didn't get anymore inside of you, but I was still able to get your energy.”
 
“I-I can tell…!” Scarlet felt incredibly drained from the wind master soaking up her spirit energy. “Do you feel any better?” She asked wearily, closing her eyes.
 
“I do.” He smiled, watching her act so exhausted under his previous ministrations. Moving his hand to the opposite side of her, he helped the young woman closer to him. “I thought you would be able to still have energy to spare for yourself. Are you just tired?” Jin seemed to pause for a moment to gaze over his shoulder with a serious expression unnoticed by the young woman. He could hear and feel something slinking around the room, and it was making Jin very nervous.
 
Scarlet rubbed her eyes, sitting upright next to the wind master. “Yeah, it has been a long day, and I am sure I am just tired.” Knowing she couldn't go to bed in such a mess, she made her way towards the water slowly. “I might as well get cleaned up with you.”
 
Seeing the water starting to bubble, Jin panicked as Scarlet was about to put her foot into the liquid. “Scarlet, NO!” He yelled, grabbing onto her shoulders to pull her away from the water's now boiling surface. With her falling on top of him, he held her close underneath him before looking angrily over his shoulder at the evil laughter he could hear bounding about the walls. “Something is here.” Growling angrily, he watched as the water began to toss about. “Show yourself!” Jin demanded.
 
The wicked laughter could be heard by Scarlet now. She watched in horror as the water twisted about, gradually sprouting up to form a female looking body. “Quite alert now, aren't you, handsome?” She spoke teasingly with evilness to her words.
 
“A water demon spirit…” The demon mumbled mostly to himself as well as to Scarlet. “What do you want? Get out of my temple, now!” Jin ordered with a wave of his hand.
 
The female water demon shook her finger at the wind master. “Such traitors all of you are! You cater to the weak, lesser beings while destroying your fellow demons. Maybe if we take a few, we can break you of this habit!” Her voice becoming aggressive, the water demon moved her arms to cause the liquid her body was coming from to splash about and threaten to overwhelm them both.
 
Jin knew the surface was boiling from the anger of the demon spirit. Seeing the unclothed Scarlet behind him, he knew that the temperature of the water would burn her alive. When the young woman screamed at the oncoming attack, Jin spun around and brought up his wind barrier in time to prevent the water from touching either one of them. “You will not harm anyone here!” Jin yelled angrily, keeping his right hand up to control the wind currents at his command.
 
“So protective, you are,” smirked the attacking demon. “Let's see how you fair against THIS!” Bringing her hands upwards, she twisted the water about into a giant ball above her head. Cackling manically, the demonic sprite threw the liquid ball towards the two victims of her choice.
 
The wind barrier he had up earlier was now down, making Jin unsure how he would react in time to this oncoming attack. Turning around, he quickly wrapped his arms around the frightened Scarlet, his eyes closed tightly to get ready for the scolding water to burn his body. Scarlet witnessing him about to take the full brunt of the attack, she couldn't help but scream. “No! Don't!”
 
The doors flew open at that moment, causing the ice master to barge through and freeze the water inches from Jin's back. “Be gone, you pest!” He hissed angrily, shooting another icy, cold blast at the water demon.
 
Scarlet watched over Jin's shoulder as the creature was turned into an ice sculpture right before her eyes. The demon screaming a furious scream before her face was turned completely into ice. She witnessed as Touya motioned a bit with his fingers close to his face. Bending his left hand down, he placed his right palm to the opposite wrist, positioning the middle and index finger upwards with the thumb before his nose.
 
“Olké mékná!” He growled in demonic, before sending a burst of his energy to the crystallized demon to completely demolish it. With the demon destroyed, Touya looked over at Scarlet and Jin. “Are you both okay?” He reached his hand out to both of them to help them to their feet.
 
“How did you know to come and save us?” Scarlet wondered as she got to her shaken feet with Jin.
 
Touya tapped his head with his index finger. “Because of your connection to me since birth, I have a general idea of how you are doing.” He smiled before turning to Jin. “Besides, Jin has a link to me as well mentally. I could hear him calling out to help, and I happened to be in the area checking on a worshipper of mine who is slowly on her way to the afterlife.”
 
Realizing she was still without clothes, Scarlet couldn't help but turn a bright red and turn away. I forgot! She panicked within her mind, feeling she might just faint from embarrassment.
 
Jin rolled his eyes at how easily freaked she got whenever someone saw her naked. Taking the towel he had for himself, he wrapped it around Scarlet's body so she would feel more comfortable. “Better?” He asked with a chuckle. “Don't know why you get so easily uncomfortable with someone seeing you naked.”
 
Scarlet looked angrily at Jin, finding that question rather ridiculous within itself. “Maybe because some of us have boundaries!” She scolded, annoyance clinging to her every word. Sighing through her nostrils, Scarlet released the irritation in her mannerisms. “Still, you didn't have to do what you did back there, Jin.”
 
“Why do you say that?” Jin asked, his elfin ears twitching slightly. “You mean a good deal to me, as does anyone else here. I could never allow a demon to attack them.” He smiled tenderly at Scarlet. “It is like watching one of your children get eaten alive right before your very eyes. After awhile, seeing such a thing became too much to bear. I've seen it enough.”
 
Touya agreed silently with the sentiment, tapping his chin with his curled index finger while rocking slightly on the balls of his feet. “With that statement said, I do believe it is best you get back to bed.” He reached for Scarlet's hand once more. “Come,” he beckoned in the darkness.
 
Scarlet nervously reached out to accept the demon's hand. She was still shaken from the event. Feeling his icy touch was almost inviting to her. “What about Jin? I don't want him to be here by himself.” She was worried the demon would exert more of his energy and become further weakened.
 
Hearing her concerns, Jin chuckled within his throat. “I will be fine, Scarlet. Your energy helped a great deal.” He could still see the worry within her green-gray eyes. “I promise. When have I ever lied to you?” Jin smirked, bowing slightly to the two. “I will be in my room shortly. Watch over her for me, Touya. I won't be long.”
 
Touya helped Scarlet slowly out of the Cleansing Room while she was wrapped up in her towel. On their way through the quiet halls, he couldn't find much to say about what happened. He knew that assuring her everything was going to be okay was a bit pointless, as he himself wasn't sure what the outcome of Wind Knoll would be. Her door soon within sight, he ushered her inside to make sure she was at least out of harm's way. “There you go,” he whispered between them, shutting the door behind them both. “You'll be safe here.”
 
Scarlet knew she had to put something on to sleep in, but with Touya in the room, it was an uncomfortable thought of even removing the towel. She looked at the ice master, as if to give him a subtle hint. When he nodded at her, Touya turned around to look back at the door with his hands behind his back. “Glad you get things better then Jin sometimes,” she admitted, removing the towel to put on a nightgown she owned. “So what was it you said in that language?”
 
“What language?” Touya asked with his head tilted slightly. “Oh, you mean what I said in demonic? What I said to her was `be gone, damned fairy.'”
 
“Hard to believe demons have their own language. I thought everyone was once essentially human or something along those lines,” Scarlet said as she got herself clothed. “Okay, you may turn around.” She stood in a gown, which reached down to her ankles. It was an old, off-white gown her grandmother had made.
 
Touya spun slightly on his heels to watch her make it to the bed. The red flames in the room outlined his serious expression rather well in the dark. “Most of us once were, but you forget, even demons can be created from something not physical such as emotions by humans.” He made his way over towards her bedside to join her. “Besides, each human speaks another language entirely. Like, I am Japanese and Jin was once in the Irish lands, so when we were damned, a whole new language is learned in case there is ever a barrier of nations from past lives. We rarely speak it, as it causes confusion to the humans we watch over. Sometimes we just learn a whole knew language from one another.”
 
“From what I have heard, sounds like you always talk like kék, kék, kék,” she lightly joked though was being serious through her observation.
 
Throwing his head back, Touya laughed loudly. Never had he found a reason to laugh so hard before, but he found her comment to be rather funny. “Yes, we do tend to have a majority of our words starting or sounding like we say ké a good deal, and we do stress our `E' a lot as well as a few other words, but I promise that isn't entirely our language.” He was quiet for a mere moment. “Kéba olsé médké.”
 
The foreign language being thrown at her, Scarlet blinked a few times, confused seeing as it came out of nowhere. “I am sorry, but I thought I made it clear that I didn't understand your demonic language when I asked what I did earlier,” she said with a slight chuckle.
 
Touya chuckled in the back of his throat, winking at Scarlet. “I said: `It is still fun to talk in' basically. Demonic isn't exactly something learnable. It is a very tricky tongue to speak in, and unwise to do so all the same by humans.” He slid off of Scarlet's bed for a moment to make sure she was comfortable for the oncoming night's rest. “If a human ever were to learn that language, may the Gods have mercy on them. It is a language of the damned, and not one to be taken lightly as it beckons other creatures in the dark sometimes.” Grabbing the covers, he brought them up to Scarlet's chest. “It is wise you rest now after your previous ordeal. To my understanding, you have a busy day ahead, so I wish you luck.”
 
Scarlet merely nodded, watching in the candlelight as the ice master made it over to her center candleholder—her main light source. “I've been aiming to find a job that I can work at.” She watched as the ice master raised his hand to wave out one of the candle flames.
 
Hearing her say that, Touya merely shifted his eyes slightly over his right shoulder where Scarlet was resting. “Really now? Do you think that wise with everything you are currently doing, my dear?” He watched attentively as some of the flames danced about, prompting him to slowly wave his hand over another to blow it out.
 
“I am sure I will manage,” Scarlet insisted. “I have my energy back, and my schedule is set to a way I like it.” Pulling the covers up closer to her neck, Scarlet rolled over in bed to get settled for the night. “Besides, I need to take my mind off of a few things.”
 
Touya shifted his eyes about, thinking on what could possibly be bothering Scarlet. His mind coming upon the ceremony Jin did with her and the feelings he could easily tell she had for him now, Touya's serious frown turned into a tender smile as he closed his eyes to shake his head. “He is a very simple person, Scarlet,” Touya began, as if it were nothing. “But I would bet with a bit of time, he'll come around.”
 
Scarlet scoffed, “Jin is a very simple person…!” Realizing she gave away whom she was pondering on, she widened her eyes and covered her red face. “You weren't supposed to hear that…”
 
He covered his soft laughter behind his hand, turning to face Scarlet once more. With the candles lit at the entryway to her room now, it was harder for her to even see him. “I don't think anyone is blind to the feelings you have for him. You don't hide them very well whenever his name is mentioned.” Touya sat back down at her bedside, to let her know he was listening.
 
“But my feelings for him aren't natural…they could prove dangerous—.”
 
“They are not dangerous,” Touya interjected quickly and rather seriously. “Do you honestly think that even us demons don't have someone we hold dear to our hearts?” He felt his own dead heart flutter at the mere thought of the women who he held dear. “Many demons don't speak about the women and or men they hold close to them, because it makes everyone else feel inferior. After Jin's servants all died under the attack on his temple many years ago, he closed himself up to the thought of ever giving his feelings to someone else. He loved them all a great deal, as I am sure he has probably told you.”
 
Scarlet moved over onto her back to look at Touya's dark outline she could slightly see. “Yes, he has spoken about them a lot to me. He told me they were all like his wives.”
 
“That is why you mean so much to him,” the ice master went on to explain. “He may not express it right away, but that is because he doesn't want to open himself up to that kind of pain again.” He could tell Scarlet was flustered and unsure of how to handle the situation. Here he reached over and placed his hand upon her forehead. “But I understand your desire to want to take your mind off of it all. Get some rest. You will feel better.” Touya removed himself from the bedcovers. As he was about to head for the door, he felt Scarlet grab his wrist. “What is it?”
 
“Can you just…stay here for a bit while I try to fall asleep?” Asked Scarlet hesitantly. She was a bit embarrassed to ask such a thing, but she couldn't find the ability to unwind after such an attack earlier.
 
Touya smiled in the darkness, turning back around to kneel down beside her bed. His icy cold touch found her hand. With his fingers interlaced with Scarlet's, he rested his cheek upon his arm he had upon the bed. “If you need me, I will be right here.” Even though he himself was tired, he tried not to allow himself to go to sleep before the frightened human. Touya remained awake and beside her well into the night as the candles in Scarlet's room began to slowly die down around him.
 
-------
 
Author's Notes: Hur…it was my motherboard, but thankfully, my data is okay. I backed up my important files I cannot go on without. Lesson learned from that.