Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Wind Knoll's Curse ❯ EndNotes

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

God, I didn't think I'd ever get this story done. XD; But, well, here it is finally. The reason it probably took as long as it did was because I got addicted into World of Warcraft. I am such a junkie for that game. This probably has to be the longest story I have ever written, but I am a stickler for details.
 
As I stated in the very beginning, Wind Knoll's Curse came about because I was in a very big Silent Hill mood one fourth of July. The thought hit me while my big sister was snoring away in our attic at the old lake house we used to own. X3x I couldn't sleep, so my mind wandered.
 
While working on this story, I had thought about transforming it into a novel one of these days with characters rearranged. We'll see if that ever occurs. Whether it does or not isn't a concern, but I do hope that the storyline is never ripped from me. DX
 
Involving the character Scarlet Baker, the scars on her arms are actually inspired from a friend I used to know years ago in high school online. She was a sweet friend and a beautiful girl. When I saw photos of her, I told her that the elbow length gloves were awesome on her, and she admitted that she wore those a lot, because she burned and cut her arms so much that they were scarred all over. I thought it was interesting even if morbid, and, years later, I put it on my character.
 
Carol, Rachael, and Jason are all people I know in real life currently or from my past. Last names are not the same, however, and neither are the appearances of the characters.
 
There were a few minor things that were changed when I planned it all out:
 
-I was going to go into a more detailed look involving Silvia and Blossom, seeing as they were the main chicks that Scarlet worked with back at the beginning of the story. However, the storyline moved around them in a way I didn't find it necessary anymore.
 
-The night Silvia finally made contact with Shishi, she was supposed to be spoken to about her ways and to have them change. Shishi was also supposed to help her change in identity, but I forgot to bother with it the more I continued writing.
 
-Scarlet was never supposed to leave her house. She was supposed to live there and have Jin visit her often on occasions. However, I found that Chris would probably sooner kill her than allow such a thing if he ever found out.
 
- I always knew from the beginning that Jin was going to curse Wind Knoll. I just had to find a way to do it. At first, I was going to have him be jealous over another love interest in Scarlet's life, and that love interest was going to be Donovan, but I nuked the idea, because I know Scarlet wasn't that selfish. I still remember an idea I had of when he goes to talk to Scarlet about it in her bedroom one night and threatens her with the possibility of Wind Knoll going under with his feelings for her. (This is why I should write snippets more often, so I can post these things when an idea changes.)
 
-There was supposed to be more chapters involving the curse that befell Wind Knoll and how it affected Scarlet. But, jeez, haha, I just wanted the thing to be wrapped up.
 
-At the end, Scarlet was supposed to remain as she was. Jin was going to keep her within the boundaries of Wind Knoll regardless of what a female demon, who had a thing for Jin, says about it; though he would feed her what she desired to eat, and that would be humans. When the female demon was going to kill Scarlet out of a jealous rage regarding that Jin would still love such a creature, Scarlet would manage to kill her first. This ending was set in stone for a long time, but I went against it in the end.
 
-Jason, Carol, and Kirk were brought in on a whim. I needed somebody to walk around Wind Knoll without understanding the history of it and to witness what happened during the day and night.
 
-Scarlet was supposed to have the teddy bear a good bit before she was damned. Thus, when she was cursed, she was going to carry it around with her as a reminder of the child she lost.
 
There are hints I dropped in my DeviantArt gallery about a sequel to Wind Knoll's Curse, but when or if I will get to it, I really don't know. That depends on a lot of things.
 
Thanks to those of you who stayed with it. I appreciate it. =) If I have a minor hold on fanfics for awhile it is because I want to pursue trying to get my novel ideas out into circulation. I feel I have written to the fandom world long enough, and it is time to mess with my own ideas for a change.
 
That doesn't mean I'll stop fanfics completely. I am sure I'll have more ideas coming soon, but not right now. XD I think I need a vacation. I was working my ass off to get this finished because I for 1) felt it was out long enough, 2) wanted it off of my list for novel work, 3) need time to job hunt now, 4) World of Warcraft expansion is coming out in December, so I needed it done. XP
 
Thanks again, guys, for every review. Even if I don't ever contact you all directly, I appreciate what you each have to say. :)
 
~Oreana