Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ You Said You Loved Me, Right? ❯ Case Two Continuation ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
First Day of Bon Week, the Minamino household, 5:00 AM-

Akumada Kyoumi’s upper body jolted up from the futon, knocking the damp cloth off her forehead and into her lap. She reached her hands up and snatched the patches from her eyes and held them to the sides of her. She finally opened her gray pupils that were still dilated from being in the dark for so long. She had to close her eyes from the dawning sun that lightened the room.

“Be careful, most of your wounds might reopen if you handle yourself that way.” The feathery voice shot through the female’s mind once again. She forgot that the man could have still been in the room. Kyoumi turned her head to the right as she slit her eyes open.

The man behind the voice sat at a fancy wooden desk painted white. His cherry red hair was in a tight ponytail-it had to be longer than what it appeared because most of it was bunched over a bright yellow tieback. He was dressed in pale peach colored pajamas as he held a small, yellow book he had been reading. The man was really just a teenage boy.

Kyoumi’s eyes opened fully now as she gazed at the boy a little perplexed. His emerald eyes sparkled at her; he became a little worried. Kyoumi saw that a sweat droplet rolled down the side of his face as he turned his forest green eyes away from the female.

Kyoumi’s eyebrows began to twitch. “... Are you ashamed of me...? You having to tend to my wounds, knowing that I should’ve done it myself...” her melancholy voice echoed through the room. What was she talking about? The strangest thing was happening to her sclera in her eyes-it began to swirl in different shades of blue.

The teenage boy stared at his desk, “Iie, iie. I didn’t tend to your wounds at all. Kaasan did. But...” his cheeks slightly tented bright pink. “Because of your larger wounds on the covered parts of your body, your school uniform had to be removed.”

“Nani? What’s a school uni-Oie!” Kyoumi snapped her head down as her own cheeks began to turn pink. The fact that most of her upper body was revealed to the teenage boy-because the quilt around her had fallen down to her navel when she awoke-couldn’t grab her attention from all the bandages attached to her. A long, paper wrap would have been covering all of her midriff if her ‘outie’ belly button weren’t sticking out from one of the edges. Band-Aids were stuck over her arms and upper chest. By the side of the female’s right breast was a cotton patch held up with white tape. Kyoumi clutched the quilt up to her chin as she narrowed her gray irises towards the ruby-haired boy.

“Ecchi...” Kyoumi murmured. “Taking advantage of unconscious women...” the swirls in her eyes returned to normal.

The green eyes of the boy turned back to her, not realizing her eyes had been different during the time he looked away from her. “Iie. Kaasan was the one that did everything; I just checked up on you from time to time.”

Kyoumi turned her head from him. A window was on the left of the futon-it was open to lighten the room since it was the only one in there. She stared out the window.

The teenage boy closed his book and placed it on top of his desk. He stood and bowed at Kyoumi. “My name is Minamino Shuuichi, if you don’t mind, I must get ready for Gakuen. Today is Meiou High school’s festival and I volunteered to help set up.” Shuuichi smiled at her.

‘Ugh, why would I care, I don’t even know what a Gakuen is...’ Kyoumi didn’t turn her head to him. She heard Shuuichi walk to the door leading out of the room and closed it behind him. The female turned to eye the room.

The room wasn’t very wide but the way it was decorated gave it an outdoor outlook. A kotatsu sat to the right of the futon as a narrow, three-row shelf was nailed to the wall behind the futon. So many books-thin ones, bulging ones, English Literatures, Studies on Biology, Biographies, Gardening catalogs, paperbacks, hardbacks, maybe even one or two manga now and then on each row! Many roses hung from the ceiling and over the walls to fill up space-a beautiful curtain of white and red flowers!

Kyoumi looked back at the desk. Over the desk was pictures hung everywhere of an older woman-was that his mother? On the very top of the desk was potted shrubs-How could someone be so obsessed with nin-gen plants. After releasing that boy’s-Shuuichi’s-hidden aura, she knew she recognized it before. He had to be. . . that traitor. . .?

Kyoumi’s eyes wandered back over to the small table beside her. A picture frame was lying face down on the far edge of the table with a strange, black bonsai tree potted beside it. The sixteen-year-old girl was curious as to see why “Shuuichi” would sit a frame, with the picture hidden, face down. She wrapped the quilt around her and crawled on her palms and knees towards the heating table; the damp cloth fell to the futon’s side.

As her knees pounded against the straw floor, Kyoumi now sat at the table. She reached over with her right hand, her left still clutching the fold of the quilt, and brought the picture towards her view. Kyoumi’s eyes narrowed.

“This is...?” Kyoumi’s gray eyes focused over the picture of a raven-haired girl. The girl’s eyes seemed timid, as her ebony hair was short and cut in a way that seemed strange to Kyoumi. Strands of the “picture girl’s” hair seemed outlawed from touching her faces as they stuck out. The girl very much resembled that... Was he called a Rei-Kai Tan-tei?

Kyoumi sat for quite a long time before Shuuichi returned to his room; all this time she had been staring at the “picture girl”.

Shuuichi’s crimson hair was now in a drenched ponytail as a long, dark green towel rode low on his hips. His expression showed a little concern. “. . . Kitajima-san. . .”

Kyoumi snapped her head up. She had been too busy thinking about this girl instead of listening to her surroundings-a mistake she would’ve gotten scolded for if HE were still here. “Kitajima-san? Who is this bishoujo?”

Shuuichi gave a wry smile, “A year ago, and still to this day, she is a fellow classmate-Kitajima Maya.”

“You keep her picture-Kitajima-san’s picture. You love bishoujo. . .” Kyoumi looked up at Shuuichi. The fifteen-year-old boy had walked over to his desk and reached beside it. Because of the desk blocking it from her view, Kyoumi didn’t notice that there was a drawer beside it. He pulled out what had to be a gakuen uniform?

“Ai? She was just an acquaintance who felt something for me. I couldn’t acknowledge her compassion for me; those kinds of things don’t interest me when it comes from others of this world and not of those I hold dear. I fight for the safety of others who are frail, not for being reconciled by strangers thinking that I could care about them as much. I had rescued her from harm once before from a vile creature not fit to call himself an otoko.” Shuuichi noticed Kyoumi glaring at him, “Fortunately, she doesn’t remember much about what had happened to her or the fling she felt for me.”

“Fortunately?!” Kyoumi shot up from the floor holding the cover loosely around her. “To forget something like that, to forget someone you used to love! How can you say that, why couldn’t you at least once given her a taste of how life would be if she were with you?!”

Shuuichi didn’t speak, instead, he just sat at his desk with his clothes in his lap.

The enraged girl had walked around the table and stood behind Shuuichi with her hands on her hips. “You Oni! How could you do that, how could you erase her memory?” It was as if Kyoumi was accusing Shuuichi of something; how could she think he would ever do that?

Shuuichi bolted his eyes towards the girl seeming a little alarmed at what she had said.

Kyoumi bent down by the kotatsu and grasped hold of the small trunk of the bonsai tree. She brought it only inches away from Shuuichi’s tranquil expression. “What kind of plant is this!”

Shuuichi looked towards her, “All of your wounds have healed, the bandages upon you can now come off. I trust that you would want to do that yourself...”

Kyoumi clutched the bonsai tree tighter, “Don’t change the subject! What kind of-” the girl cut herself off when Shuuichi had picked up his book he had been reading from before. He had pushed it up against the right side of Kyoumi’s ribs still covered by the quilt.

“Gah!” Kyoumi winced in pain as she dropped the miniature tree-the pot broke as it clashed with the floor.

“That wound could’ve fractured your lungs if ‘it’ had gone in further. ‘It’ had only scraped off against your bone. In the washroom is a patch I laid out for you after you wash up. You may have the bath for yourself, I am finished with it. The patch will heal that puncture while the bath will relax the tension in your muscles.” Shuuichi smiled at her as he opened his book.
“A washroom?” Kyoumi shouted a little confused.

“The patch will be by the sink. Two doors will be in the washroom, one leading to the toilet and the other to the bath. You should know this, shouldn’t you?” Shuuichi gave her one of his smiles, “The washroom is behind the door at the end of the left side of the hallway outside this room.”

Kyoumi wanted to smack him so much as she shot him a nasty look. She didn’t feel like being disrespectful-especially not to someone like ‘Shuuichi’ who had aided her. She would just do what he said. Kyoumi began walking towards the door.

“If you’re hungry, my mother is in the kitchen fixing breakfast. She is also stitching the parts of your gakuen uniform that were damaged, it will be ready soon.”

Kyoumi looked back at Shuuichi as she placed her fingers on the doorknob.

“Also, the quilt, I’ll wash it because most of your blood seeped through some of the bandages and stained it. I’ll need it back-”

Kyoumi grew an outrageous temper. Before she let him say the rest of his statement, she threw the covering from off her and shot it back towards Shuuichi. She stormed out of the room and slammed the door behind her-stomping towards the bathroom in her birthday suit.

“I was going to say I need it back after your bath.” Shuuichi dropped the quilt to the floor as he began reading his book. “. . . Maiya youkai these days. . .” he murmured less irritated. Shuuichi kept his eyes on his book as he reached down and picked up the bonsai tree. He sat it in his lap and turned the page to read more about ‘Onigiri Recipes’.

Twenty minutes later, room to the bathtub-

Kyoumi had ripped away all the bandages and threw them over the clothesbasket that sat by the door to the bathtub. She had slammed the door to the bath behind her as she walked in. Kyoumi now sat on a small stool by the bathtub on the pale blue tiled floor. She had been applying soap onto a washcloth and had still been scrubbing at her body all this time.

“Kuso! Chikkushoh! That Kora.” Kyoumi had stopped scrubbing away at her arms and was now doing her midriff. “All men are himo!” She screamed towards the ceiling. Kyoumi grasped the yellow bucket of water in front of her as she threw it over her head. Her rage had seemed to grow dim.

She grew saddened as she brought her knees up and rested her head on them. “Why would he be called a traitor? To live, he came here, why? So many youkai spoke about him with different rumors. He resigned his reputation just to stay in Nin-gen-Kai...” Kyoumi narrowed her eyes. “Why am I talking about him! Why am I talking to myself!”

She began scrubbing at her hair; as hard as she attacked her strands, she could’ve been bald by now. Once her blonde hair had become completely foamy, she picked up the showerhead and began spraying her head from the soap. Kyoumi’s hair was no longer up in loose pigtails-now it was pressed against her skin and flowing down. The fat, orange tips of her hair reached down to her shoulder blades as she stood up. She dropped the showerhead to the floor and stepped into the bathtub.

The water was steaming hot but Kyoumi didn’t care. She rested her back against the side of the tub as she looked up at the ceiling. ‘He was right, the bath would restrain the tension in my muscles.’ Kyoumi brought her arms over her head and looked down at herself. ‘My cuts healed so fast. Impossible, I am unable to restore myself so quickly without the aid of my Needles of Eden attack... He must have had something to do with it-”

The pain in the right side of Kyoumi’s ribs returned. She clutched her right breast as she gasped for air with closed eyes. She sunk a little into the bath as she rested her head on the tub now, water streamed out from the bath and onto the floor. “Interesting. I didn’t know that my own attack could wound me as much if it weren’t for the purpose of healing...”

“That Rei-Kai Tan-tei... I remember that? Why did you do that to me...” Kyoumi clutched her neck. “You made me fight that Rei-Kai Tan-tei, you made me kill so many, what were you trying to make me do to that other boy ...” she slit her eyes open. ‘You let me remember that, but why won’t you let me remember ever getting a gakuen uniform! Damn Seiiukaru!’

She sat up in the tub and stared down at the floor. ‘Unbelievable power would come to the one who wears Hell’s Erotic Bond. But only the carrier can choose if Hell’s Erotic Bond should be placed around the neck of another... But only the creator can release the necklace from another’s neck... Why is that? I know nothing but rumors. I just wanted to avenge you, Kombu, I didn’t want to kill anyone else but that Rei-Kai Tan-tei that killed you...’

Kyoumi closed her eyes, ‘I’m going to have to revisit your brother again to learn more about this necklace, to learn more about how Seiiukaru took over me like that... And to retrieve my Oi.’ She stood up in the bath and began to step out as she opened her eyes-they were in the same blue swirls.

“That Shuuichi... I can see the youki all over the bath of what he had done. Whatever seed he placed in this bath really did relive my-Geh!” Kyoumi gasped as she slipped on the floor-The water she had pushed out the tub was so unexpected to her. The back of her head slammed with a brutal impact to the rim of the bathtub. She brought her knees up towards her chest from the excruciating pain exerted over her body.

“OIE! OIE! OIE!!!” She screamed huddled on the floor-which was freezing cold as her bare skin lay upon it.

Two minutes earlier, Washroom-

Shuuichi had walked into the washroom for one, to brush his teeth, and two, to hand Kyoumi her school uniform his mother had finished working on. He began to walk towards the sink after seeing that she had taken his offer and was in the bath-he had noticed all the bandages draped over the clothesbasket.

Shuuichi sat his toothbrush by the faucet and stared at the thin, black patch on the counter. ‘It is lubricated with the juices of one of the seeds I use to heal more devastating wounds, Akumada-san’s will heal completely as soon as she places it on the opening.’

Shuuichi turned his attention to all the bottles knocked over in the corner of the counter. Shampoo bottles of all sorts, bath oils of all sorts. “She doesn’t know much about Nin-gen-Kai, she must’ve used the soap on her hair.” Shuuichi began to chuckle to himself. “Possibly living all her life in Ma-Kai.” He picked up one of the shampoo bottles and headed over to the door to the bath.

“She must have the dignity to bring a towel in there after storming down the hall bare; even in Ma-Kai most youkai have the decency to cover parts of their body from others and not show so much.”

Shuuichi stood before the door as he tapped lightly on it. “Akumada-san, your Aitofukuji uniform is ready. Also, are you sure you don’t want to apply any shampoo to your hair instead of soap.” He chuckled again.

Suddenly, a loud crash was heard from inside the bathroom at the same time that he began talking. Shouting from within came to his attention. “Akumada-san? Akumada-san!” Shuuichi called to the inside as the school uniform and shampoo bottle slipped from his hands. Silence filled the room as he waited for a response.

Footsteps began thumping over the floor-tiles inside.

Shuuichi bent down to pick up the items he had dropped, thinking that Kyoumi must be okay. He would soon regret ever kneeling to the floor.

As soon as both items were in his hand, he shot his head upward as he was in the process of standing. The door to the bathroom had slid open and Kyoumi leaped out into the washroom. She felt her legs wrap around Shuuichi’s neck.

Kyoumi’s eyes bulged as she stared down at the teenage boy. Shuuichi, however, felt his cheeks heating up, knowing he was blushing. His expression was a frightening alarmed one.

Rivulets rolled over Kyoumi’s tan skin from just stepping out of the bath water; her hair was still pressed against her skin while a pulsing bump was on the back of her head. A thin, white towel hung low on her chest, almost exposing too much as it looked more like a body suit against her skin; portraying every curve upon her. The fact that her nipples were hard from the cold air didn’t help Shuuichi one bit-the teenage boy was growing lightheaded as he was frozen from moving from the predicament.

Kyoumi began to blush as she brought her hands to her cheeks. Her eyes sparkled as she gave him an alluring smile. “Why Minamino-koi, if you wanted Kyoumi-chan, Kyoumi-chan and koibito can always lock the door of koibito’s room. Kyoumi-chan can make koibito forget all about the festival and that koibito ever was a virgin. . .”

Shuuichi’s face was pressed up against Kyoumi’s lower region; his mouth was under the fold of the towel and by a place he would never imagine to be by until he was at least married. Her scent was that of peach blossoms as his nose went wild. He finally backed his head away from Kyoumi’s crotch and tried to focus on something else in the room. Shuuichi had his eyes closed. How could Kyoumi say something like that-previously, Kyoumi couldn’t even stand him.

Kyoumi fell to the ground and pushed herself up against Shuuichi-both practically sprawled out on the floor. Her hands were wrapped around his neck as her breasts were up against the teenage boy’s chest-her nipples peaked through his school uniform that he had put on after Kyoumi left his room.

“Minamino-koi, why didn’t koibito slip tongue into Kyoumi-chan’s inner sanctum, koibito’s mouth was already there anyway. Minamino-koi, take Kyoumi-chan now!” she said with calm eyes that leered at him as if she wanted him! Why was she talking like that?! Her smile became deadly and more sensual as she drew closer to Shuuichi.

Shuuichi pushed her school uniform into her stomach-Kyoumi reacted to this and quickly grabbed hold of the item as she stared at the fifteen-year-old boy. Now with her grip off his neck, he suddenly stood and walked calmly out of the washroom.

Kyoumi’s eyes narrowed as she looked at his retreating form; she growled under her breath, “You’ll fuck with Seiiukaru four hundred years ago, but you won’t play with me now, bakayaro, Youko Kurama...” She began to laugh as she talked back in regular speech.
Converting /tmp/phpRofcpb to /dev/stdout