InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Past Mind, Present Body ❯ Together at Last ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4: Together at Last
 
Kagome panted after running around her block two times. She bent over, putting her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.
 
“God, who knew I was so out of shape?” she mumbled to herself and went up to her apartment. She dropped her keys on the kitchen table before heading to take a shower. She turned on the water and took off her clothes. She stepped in and began to wet her hair.
 
Outside of the apartment a man dressed in black opened the front door. He looked around and smirked when he heard the shower running. He began to look around for anything valuable, but found nothing. He went into Kagome's room and looked around at everything. He opened all her drawers and when he got to her underwear he looked at all her panties.
 
“So a woman lives here. I guess today is my lucky day,” he smirked and began to put everything back to the way it was.
 
Kagome turned off the shower and stepped out. She wrapped a towel around herself after drying off a bit. She picked up her dirty clothes and put them in her hamper. She made her way to her room and went to her closet. She picked out an outfit to wear and was about to take off her towel when she felt a presence near. She acted as if nothing was wrong, but began to walk out of the room.
 
Suddenly, someone reached out and grabbed her arm. “Where do you think you're going, missy?” the man asked.
 
Kagome let out an ear-numbing scream, but it became muffled when the man put a hand over her mouth.
 
“Let's have some fun,” he laughed and threw her to the ground.
 
~*~*~
 
Yash ran down the street toward Kagome's apartment. He had a very important question for her and he wanted to ask her as soon as possible. He ran into the building and ran up the stairs. He paused when he saw her front door open for all intruders.
 
He heard sounds of a struggle inside the door and went in cautiously. “Kagome?” he called out. He heard what sounded like a man grunt and Kagome ran out of the room holding the torn towel over the front part of her body. She ran straight into Yash's chest and sobbed uncontrollably.
 
“Fucking bitch!” the crook yelled and ran into the living room, but stopped when he saw Yash.
 
Yash gave him sickingly sweet smile and asked, “Who are you?”
 
“No one,” the man said getting nervous.
 
“Then I guess no one will miss you when you're dead!” Yash snarled and pushed Kagome behind him.
 
Yash ran over to the man and punched him in the face. The man fell to the ground and Yash kicked him in the ribs a couple times before kicking him in the crotch. The man curled up in the fetal position, obviously in pain. Yash pulled out his cell phone and called the police.
 
“Go get dressed Kagome, the cops are coming in five minutes,” Yash said. Kagome just nodded and went to her room.
 
Yash looked down at the scum that was lying on the floor. “Don't ever touch what's mine, bastard,” he growled and kicked him in the nose, rendering him unconscious.
 
Kagome cam out of her room and sat down on the couch, visibly shaking. Yash knelt in front of her and said, “I need you to tell me what happened, Kagome. I know it might be hard, but I need to know.”
 
Kagome looked at him through teary eyes and nodded. “I guess I left the door unlocked when I went into the shower. When I got out I went to my room to change and I felt that I wasn't alone. I tried to act as if I didn't know and I began to walk out of the room. He grabbed my arm and said, `We are going to have some fun.' before he threw my on to the ground and…then he…he….started touching me…he tore my towel in half when I kept struggling. He didn't get very far because when I heard your voice I kicked him in the crotch and ran out of the room. I can't even imagine what would happen if you hadn't come,” Kagome said, trying not to cry through the explanation.
 
Yash pulled her into his arms and said, “It's okay now. You're safe with me.”
 
Kagome just nodded and began to sob into his shoulder.
 
~*~*~
 
Yash looked down at his food and sighed. He was going to ask Kagome to be his girlfriend, but seeing as how every time he tries to ask something happens to make him stop. First it was the burglar incident, then there was the light exploding in her apartment, and lastly a car almost hit her when he tried to ask her on the sidewalk. Maybe the gods were against him on this decision he wanted to take.
 
It might have been too soon also. They had only know each other for about two months now and who's to say she likes him that way? Yash sighed again catching the attention of the demon in front of him.
 
“What's bothering you Yash?” Kouga asked.
 
“Do you think it would be too soon to ask Kagome out?” Yash asked truly confused.
 
“That's a tough question. I guess it would be, but I would make sure by asking her if she thinks she's ready to date. She might still be hung up on her Inuyasha,” Kouga said.
 
“What does that Inuyasha got that I don't?” Yash asked growing angrier by the minute. Kagome would always avoid talking about Inuyasha and it was starting to piss Yash off. How long did it take for a girl to get over some dead guy? He passed through women as if he were walking through a crowded subway.
 
“Inuyasha was a different character. Not taking crap from anyone. It's hard to explain, but I guess you could call him possessive when it came to Kagome. He would've never let anything happen to her and if any other male even looked at her he would get defensive. He was hers as she was his,” Kouga tried to explain.
 
“Great, how do I compete with a dead guy like that? I can't even beat him up or nothing,” Yash complained and stood up.
 
“Where are you going? You haven't even finished your food,” Kouga said eyeing him curiously.
 
“I'm going for a walk. Just give my food to the dog or something,” Yash replied and left the house.
 
Yash walked down the street and paused when he felt something hit his nose. He looked up at the sky as it began to pour rain. “Great, now it's raining. I bet this Inuyasha guy is the one who makes all that bad stuff happen whenever I try to ask Kagome out. This really isn't my day.”
 
He just didn't know what to do anymore. He wanted Kagome to be his girlfriend, but what if she was still hung up on her Inuyasha? Why had she stuck around him anyway? He didn't help her in any way at all.
 
“Oh, Inuyasha! I've missed you so much!”
 
Kagome's voice rang in his ears. She was talking to her Inuyasha not him. It finally hit him.
 
“Sorry about that Yash. Kagome just lost someone very close to her and he looked a lot like you. I thought she would be happy if she got to see you.”
 
Why did he have to be in the picture? Why did he have to meet Kagome first? Why couldn't Kagome love Yash like how she loved Inuyasha?
 
Before Yash knew it he was in front of her apartment building. He looked up at her window, which was on the third floor. He looked down at his feet and began to walk away.
 
“Yash?” a sweet voice called out.
 
Yash turned and saw Kagome standing at the door, holding a bunch of groceries. He walked over to her and grabbed the bags out of her hands.
 
“What are you doing here?” Kagome asked.
 
“I was just going for a walk and I found myself here,” he admitted. Kagome opened the door for him and they walked to the elevator.
 
“I guess something about me makes you want more then?” she laughed, meaning that statement as a joke. She didn't know how true that was.
 
“I guess so,” he simply stated not looking at her as the elevator doors opened. They walked in and Kagome pushed the button that had a black 3 on it.
 
“Is there something wrong?” Kagome asked. She could feel the sadness and confusion coming off of him, one of the perks of being a priestess.
 
“When you look at me do you see your Inuyasha?” Yash asked.
 
“What? What makes you ask that?” she asked.
 
“I don't know. It's just a question,” he said.
 
“I mean there are times that you remind me of him. You two are a lot alike, but I know that you and him are two totally different people,” she said.
 
That answer wasn't good enough for him, but he decided to let it go for now. The elevator stopped and they got out. They walked down the hallway and Kagome stopped at her door. She unlocked it and they went inside.
 
Yash put the groceries down on the kitchen counter and turned to face Kagome.
 
“What's with all the food?” he asked. Well that's a stupid question. She needs to eat, duh, you dumbass! Yash thought, mentally slapping his forehead.
 
“I need to eat you know? Besides you always come over and eat all my food so I have to shop for two now,” Kagome smiled.
 
Maybe she really does care about him. Why would she buy more food than needed if she didn't care?
 
“I don't eat all of your food. I only eat what you offer me,” he said.
 
“I offer you everything because I know you that you would rather starve yourself than give up your pride and ask for something. You are too stubborn for your own good!” she teased and stuck out her tongue playfully at him.
 
“You better put that tongue back in your mouth wench,” Yash warned.
 
Kagome pulled her tongue back in and asked, “Or what?”
 
“Do it again and I'll show you,” he smirked, taunting her a bit. Kagome stuck her tongue out again to show him that he didn't scare her. She watched as Yash lowered his head and closed his lips around her tongue. She pulled back her tongue instantly and he just pushed his lips to hers. Her eyes widen and she gasped when his tongue ran along her bottom lip.
 
They stood there, staring wide-eyed at each other as Yash made his move on her. She couldn't believe that this was happening. She closed her eyes slowly, wanting to enjoy this feeling.
 
Yash pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her waist. She sighed into the kiss and opened her mouth for him. His tongue entered his mouth and explored her sweet cavern. He could've died and gone to heaven right at this very moment. She tasted so sweet and innocent. His tongue touched hers and led hers back into his mouth.
 
Kagome grew braver and wrapped her tongue around his getting aught up in the moment. She could feel him begin to smirk and they backed away from each other, slightly panting.
 
“If that's punishment then I should get into trouble more often,” Kagome smiled and rested her fore head on his shoulder.
 
Yash chuckled and said, “I'm glad you enjoyed it, but there's something you should now.” Kagome looked up at him and waited for him to continue. “I have herpes,” he said.
 
Kagome's smile disappeared and she backed away from him in horror. “You son of a dog! If I get herpes you are so dead!” she yelled.
 
“I'm just kidding Kagome. I don't have any STDs, don't worry about that,” he laughed.
 
Kagome hit him in the arm and grabbed him by the ear. “Don't ever joke like that again!” she said pulling on his ear to tell him that she was the boss here.
 
“I do have a serious question though,” he said.
 
“What is it?” she asked thinking it was something bad.
 
“Will you be my girlfriend?” he asked, feeling more anxious by the second.
 
“I'd love to be your girlfriend,” she smiled and kissed his cheek. Yash smiled brightly and hugged her.
 
“You have no idea how nervous I was to ask you,” he confessed.
 
“Next time, don't be scared to ask me anything. If you are then you might regret not asking me,” she said.
 
Things were actually looking up in Yash's life…Hopefully things will only get better from here…