D. N. Angel Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden tears ❯ "wake up" ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4-“Wake up”
 
“Wake up!! C'mon already, wake up!!” The voice came from behind her… She slightly opened one eye not wanting him to find out that she was awakened… For the first time since she was brought here, she didn't have a nightmare.. “Too bad that asshole wouldn't let me continue my first pleasant dream…” Yet, being awakened by Talla had something nice in it. She didn't mind seeing his face in the morning…She has kinda' gotten used to it since for the past two weeks since she had awakened among the Elcardians, Talla has been almost every morning by her side even three times when she woke up all sweaty and frightened by her dreams-which one could hardly call dreams, they were somehow at the border where one distinguishes fiction from reality because the dreams seemed to give her an uncomfortable feeling during the day- but Talla had been there and she somehow felt safe when he came to take her in his arms to calm her down and she cried cuddled at his chest…. She completely opened her eyes and stared out on the window thinking that those were the only moments of closeness between her and Talla, when she was scared and devastated at night… Yet she didn't give him any sign of being awake right now…
 
Talla stared at her.. He knew she was awake but didn't want to get up… He climbed with one knee on her bed and leaned over her. He put a hand on her and said with the gentle voice she had heard before in the cellar “Hey, get up… Come on, little kisa, get up…” “What does he mean by kisa… In what language is that anyway…?” he got tired of waiting for a sign from her so he stood up and circled the bed to come in front of her but she closed her eyes so he couldn't see them…although he knew… He bent on his knees so his face was at the same level with hers. “Please get up… Please” “Why?” she said opening her eyes… It was a sudden move which startled him a little… She got up but only to a sitting position…He had seen her before in her PJs so she wasn't embarrassed from this in front of him anymore, although the wardrobe provided for her at the castle was a little… well, not something she would usually wear on the street, although around here it seemed something normal … He didn't answer. “Why? Why do you want me to get up?” she fixed her eyes on him. “You know… it's the fist time you speak to me like this… So.. Why?” He turned his eyes from her and got up to go to the balcony. “Talla?”” “I got bored and have no one to walk with. So get dressed quickly, will you.” and he went on the balcony. Nessa blinked confused but decided to do as he said. She changed with the first things she saw in the wardrobe- jeans and a black gothic top. While she changed Talla stayed motionless on the balcony, leaned over it and with his back at her. He knew she was changing but despite his “curiosity”, he didn't even try to look. “I'm done. What now?” He turned to find her right behind him “When did she get this close? By her voice, she was in the room… Is she an Elcardian after all? Ty, what is it that is going on in your twisted mind?” “TAlla!” “Come.”
 
***
They where outside the castle now on one of the many small roads that disappeared inside the surrounding forest. They were walking side by side and neither of them said anything. Nessa was peaking at Talla. He was looking straight forward with no expression on his face. He looked just like T… but his eyes and hair were different . It's been about half of hour since they began walking this road.. “Talla, why did you bring me here?” “We aren't there yet.” “ok, but why?” she said stopping “I've told you, I didn't have anyone else to walk with and besides.. I want to show you something” he said stopping too a few steps in front of her. He turned around to face her. She just stared at him perplexed so he came back to her. “come on..” and he grabbed her hand. She blushed feeling her hand in his but luckily he was looking forward again and a step in front too. They walked for another five minutes till they reached the “end” of the road-which after one mile didn't seem like a road at all, it was a mere memory of a once traveled road, a mountainous path through the deepening forest.
“We're here” he said finally looking at her again, but Nessa wasn't looking at him anymore. She was startled by the view. In front of her opened a glacial lake surrounded by fur-trees and mountain peeks.. She loved this kind of landscape, even more since this panorama reminded her of her and Orfin's favorite place.. a lake at the bottom of the Surianu peek, a Carpathian peek which they used to visit with their parents when they were little.. She had been so depressed when the roads became impracticable and they couldn't reach not even the Carpathians mountains, not to mention the lake.. Orfin shared her depression at the beginning because they had both been very close to that place-it had been like their secret play-ground in summer, their hideout from the world.. the place which protected their innocence and their love.. They have had a strong love for each-other back then.. although they have been only children, their love hadn't been the brotherly-type back then.. it was the beginning of something more, something that shouldn't exist between brothers.. but they were too young to realize that.. much too young… when they couldn't reach the lake anymore Nessa was just five and Orfin nine. She had been depressed for months, Orfin just one.. That was when they began to separate… that was the beginning of the end of their love…brotherly fights increased, misunderstandings too.. and in half of year they became normal brothers.. the way they should have always been.. Orfin didn't seem to notice the chance.. he was going with the flow.. but for Nessa it had been like an illness which accentuated her depression. Orfin's first girlfriend had been like a dagger in her heart…but she was older then… her first boyfriend also gave Orfin a feeling of sadness.. neither knew why.. until she found an old picture with the two of them near the Surianu lake.. it was only then when she realized that they had actually loved each other then.. she thanked God the love didn't grow up to become something serious.. it would have been terrible.. Orfin never saw that photo again. She had hidden it to hide their former love about which he had completely forgotten, to make sure their feelings wouldn't appear again and because.. deep inside.. she still felt something for him as a lover, not a brother.. something that she locked inside herself… she'd hidden her skeleton in the closet…
Seeing this lake which looked so much alike with Surianu reminded her all these… she felt just like back then… She felt a masculine hand on her shoulder. Caught in the wave of her feelings, she took it for Orfin's . “Orfin.. Kitten, take me home. I want us to be home again.” Her words shocked Talla. He couldn't realize for sure what did she want to say by these. Had she accidentally taken him for Orfin? Did she really want to go home? She turned her eyes to him.. not seeing Orfin as she expected shocked her and for a moment she forgot everything.. all her life since her childhood by Orfin's side. “Who..?” but she fainted before she could finish her question. Talla caught her so fast hat a normal eye could have hardly followed his movement. “Nessa!” she slightly opened her eyes and smiled just like saying I'm ok. But immediately she came to her senses, her memory came back too.. “Oh God!” she jumped from his arms. “I'm so sorry.. It's not something to happen usually. I… It was.. God, I must look like a weak fool now .” Talla began laughing. “It's ok.. U just scared me a little. I wasn't expecting you to faint” “Well, I'm fine now. Please don't mention it to anybody” but as soon as she said these she trembled as if she was about to fall again. Talla got up and grabbed her an made her lean on his chest. “Like I said, I'm fine, nothing to worry about” and she gave a visibly force smile. When she was able to stand properly again he finally let her go fro his grasp which became an embrace. “Why did you bring me here” He sighted with relief. Her face was happy again although it seemed somehow melancholic and she seemed to be ok for real. “It's my favorite place.. I come here quite often when I'm at T..'s castle. Today, I just didn't feel like coming alone, so I brought you with me because you seemed the only person able to appreciate this place and also make me feel that you appreciate it” “Ah..” she tried to look as if she actually understood his reason “It can't be only that” she thought.
“Nessa, do you miss your home? Do you want to be there again that much?...” this question startled her. “I.. well yes…” but to her own amazement she lowered her eyes like one does when it knows that its answer hurts the other one. he sighted. He expected that but he actually hoped for a different answer. “We should go back before T… realizes you are missing and goes mad.” “Why does he care, that bastard?” he looked at her with a harsh expression like telling her to retract her words. His expression seemed somehow demonic-which gave her again that felling of fear of something hidden. “Tonight TY is having a ball. Wear something special, ok? Ask Rin and Kieva for help if you need it.” “A ball? Perfect. I'll say I'm not well. This is my chance to escape. They will be too preoccupied with the ball and the guests to realize I'm missing.” “By the way, I got you a laptop from the town.” “A what?!?!!?” “Laptop, portable PC, notepad.. call it how you wish… I'll help you get the files from your old computer from… home. If you want that is.. to make you feel more like at home here.” “I .. wh… thank you…” she mumbled startled. “hey, wait up” she cried realizing that he went in front not waiting for her. “Jerk!”
 
 
 
Now, to the few people that read my fic, please review… I must know the goods and the bad things in it… at least for my pride, not to post like a stupid **** if it's bad